WO-S 51 HF 48 Final

What i saw,Lots of mistake,Lot of turnover,Lots of young players going in and out,They can not handle the press.Coach sub in way to much.No seniors play at all.Seniors been playing for years together now coach want to sub freshman with them IT WONT HAPPEN.U get use to playing with certain teammate. Kids get the fell for each they know where each other will be on the court.Until coach realize it take seniors to lead by example,And freshman to follow u will never win.WOS lost alot of seniors but they came to hamshire ready to play.Hat goes off to WOS.

What i saw,Lots of mistake,Lot of turnover,Lots of young players going in and out,They can not handle the press.Coach sub in way to much.No seniors play at all.Seniors been playing for years together now coach want to sub freshman with them IT WONT HAPPEN.U get use to playing with certain teammate. Kids get the fell for each they know where each other will be on the court.Until coach realize it take seniors to lead by example,And freshman to follow u will never win.WOS lost alot of seniors but they came to hamshire ready to play.Hat goes off to WOS.

Did the seniors get in trouble?  I noticed the rotations were different when they played at Silsbee....  The coach must have a reason for what he is doing.  Give him a chance....  he is a good guy.

Coach is a great guy. Do you think the HJ and OF programs got to be where they are by coaches being "good guys"? No these programs got to where they are by putting the best players on the floor in the right situations. When you play players with freshman level or JV level talent against varsity level competition, you get beat. That's just the way it is with this program right now. For some reason no one can figure, our best players are not on the floor. It's not just a sour grapes situation. Not only are our fans who have watched these girls since they first picked up a basketball dumbfounded, but knowledgeable basketball fans from other schools are baffled by our rotation as well.

Coach is a great guy. Do you think the HJ and OF programs got to be where they are by coaches being "good guys"? No these programs got to where they are by putting the best players on the floor in the right situations. When you play players with freshman level or JV level talent against varsity level competition, you get beat. That's just the way it is with this program right now. For some reason no one can figure, our best players are not on the floor. It's not just a sour grapes situation. Not only are our fans who have watched these girls since they first picked up a basketball dumbfounded, but knowledgeable basketball fans from other schools are baffled by our rotation as well.

I don't know how 'knowledgeable' I am, but I did see that when Orangefield played HF some questionable subs, which I was ok with  ;D

Here's what I see from the stands. Girls on the bench looking like they do not want to play...so that is where they should stay. The only Freshman that I ever see that gets a great amount of playing time is the point guard and she should. She's one of their best players. Besides that I see two seniors who start and play most of the game. And why is it what grade you are in...who cares...put the best players in and let them play. Someone else said it, whether or not we agree with substitutions he is the coach and I'm sure he has his reasons. We aren't at practice so we do not know what happens. Hf fan...you should change your name...you haven't ever said anything good about Hf. Now I think you have the right to state your opinion, all I'm saying is your name does not ever back your opinion. Nothing personal. I hope all teams play well and whatever teams represent our district in the playoffs represent it well.

Well said Rizon. IMO - Human nature for older girls to feel slighted about freshman playing on varsity, but the season is almost through and they need to get over it and learn to play as a team. Until that happens...

BTW - 2 have quit this week. Maybe the remainder will be serious about the game and play like they are capable of doing. There is a lot of talent there.

Let's go Lady Horns!

Well said Rizon. IMO - Human nature for older girls to feel slighted about freshman playing on varsity, but the season is almost through and they need to get over it and learn to play as a team. Until that happens...

BTW - 2 have quit this week. Maybe the remainder will be serious about the game and play like they are capable of doing. There is a lot of talent there.

Let's go Lady Horns!

Orangefield has a freshman that starts and NO ONE feels 'slighted' because of it.

She is also the younger sister of a senior so imagine those rides home!!

Let's go Lady Horns!

Who quit?  I hate to hear that.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder