ASA Roster Question

MBB2

If a kid played Ronald McDonald in the fall for one Class A team, then wanted to join another Class A team in the spring (same age group) that planned to play ASA state later this summer, what type of roster implications would this have?  Any type of 'release' needed by the first team?  I assume both would be in the same metro area and under any local rules, but regarding ASA in general would there be any requirements or restrictions?

I am assuming RM was ASA sanctioned and a signed ASA roster was submitted.

If a kid played Ronald McDonald in the fall for one Class A team, then wanted to join another Class A team in the spring (same age group) that planned to play ASA state later this summer, what type of roster implications would this have?  Any type of 'release' needed by the first team?  I assume both would be in the same metro area and under any local rules, but regarding ASA in general would there be any requirements or restrictions?

I am assuming RM was ASA sanctioned and a signed ASA roster was submitted.

I would be surprised if ASA rosters were required at the RM since it is not considered "Championship Play" and doesn't qualify teams to go anywhere.  I any case, I think ASA rosters run from January to January, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Guest stircrazy

Some tournaments that CLAIM to need ASA rosters are not really ASA sanctioned . They use this as a tool to make the tournament look more professional and most use ASA rules. It also is an easy way to make sure that you have team insurance. ASA rosters do go JAN-Dec 31. Depending on  what your DISTRICT Commissioner has you sign is what really matters. District 39 "A" players are required to sign a commitment form that says they cannot play for another "A" team until the year is up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder