Article From Bob West On PN-G, LC-M On How They Have Handeled It

From Bob West, Port Arthur News

Interesting to see how differently two area school districts have approached disseminating information on the hiring of a new football coach to their patrons and the news media. Little Cypress-Mauriceville, without prodding, released the names of all its applicants. Port Neches-Groves, on the other hand, is refusing to make names available, and has gone so far as to write the Texas Attorney General to try and thwart news media Freedom of Information requests. It’s basically a stalling tactic, although the PNGISD is using the noble ruse of protecting the privacy of applicants. Let’s hope they aren’t trying to keep names secret because their Master’s degree requirement resulted in an underwhelming list of applicants. From what I hear, they’re fishing for a coach they want who didn’t bother to apply. Meantime, I have to think the Texas Attorney General has more important stuff to deal with than helping the PNGISD keep secrets.

Seems like the board has got into a situation where they can't win. For whatever reason they decided not to release the names, it's going to be hard to convince anyone it was a good idea. Saying the Masters requirement didn't hurt the number are quality of appicants is impossible to prove. That said I still beleive there has to be some quality apps on the list. Hopefully we will get a good coach. It's too late to change the past, so lets try and go forward in  positive manner, get over the BS and get on with hiring the best app we have. Oh I almost forgot ; release the list and let the discussions begin!!!!!!

Who is it they are fishing for?  Any thoughts?

From Bob West, Port Arthur News

Interesting to see how differently two area school districts have approached disseminating information on the hiring of a new football coach to their patrons and the news media. Little Cypress-Mauriceville, without prodding, released the names of all its applicants. Port Neches-Groves, on the other hand, is refusing to make names available, and has gone so far as to write the Texas Attorney General to try and thwart news media Freedom of Information requests. It’s basically a stalling tactic, although the PNGISD is using the noble ruse of protecting the privacy of applicants. Let’s hope they aren’t trying to keep names secret because their Master’s degree requirement resulted in an underwhelming list of applicants. From what I hear, they’re fishing for a coach they want who didn’t bother to apply. Meantime, I have to think the Texas Attorney General has more important stuff to deal with than helping the PNGISD keep secrets.

Guest baseball25

There treating this like they got barry switzer coming out of the retirement and keeping it on the DOWNLOW...........Like i said time and time again PNG thinks there the NDAME of HS football.....yeah they are a program that is going down hill  just like ND and thinks there better than everybody else......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476