Is your Time Warner cable out?

Guest ECBucFan

Actually, those are good changes for the Winnie area. We don't get the Beaumont Fox 64 channel, but now I guess we will. Dish and Direct in Winnie carry the local Houston TV stations, instead of 4,6, and 12. Nonetheless, if I keep losing channels in 2009, I will be GONE from TW.

You have got to get a satellite dish. There is nothing better. I will never have cable again. Both are about the same. Some like Dish, some like Direct.

The real problem is that there is no competition against Time Warner.  They can charge and put on/take off anything think they want irregardless of customer complaints.  When you are the only cable in town, you make the rules.  Because what other cables company's can the poor sap customer turn to?  And TW knows this.  We need more cable competition.  This will solve a lot of problems.  And possibly lower cable bills and more programing.  TW took channel 35 (ESPN Classic) off and has not replaced it.  Did they lower our bills?  No!

I don't have any channels above 20, and ESPN is 33.   >:(  I guess I am going to miss more bowl games (just got off work). Is anyone else having this Time Warner trouble right now?

KBMT-NBC will be seen on Time Warner Cable Channel 14 starting at 12 midnight January 1, 2009 while KBMT-ABC will continue to be seen on Time Warner Cable Channel 5. CBS local affiliate Channel 6 will not change and KBTV Channel 4 will switch to FOX beginning Jan. 1, 2009.

OK, I'll bite. What's the big deal aboout which channel NBC and Fox have as cable channels. NBC was 02, Fox was 11. Now NBC will be 14 and Fox will be 02. Can anybody explain this mess? I'm not a stupid person, but I really don't see a difference besides a number.

KBMT-NBC will be seen on Time Warner Cable Channel 14 starting at 12 midnight January 1, 2009 while KBMT-ABC will continue to be seen on Time Warner Cable Channel 5. CBS local affiliate Channel 6 will not change and KBTV Channel 4 will switch to FOX beginning Jan. 1, 2009.

OK, I'll bite. What's the big deal aboout which channel NBC and Fox have as cable channels. NBC was 02, Fox was 11. Now NBC will be 14 and Fox will be 02. Can anybody explain this mess? I'm not a stupid person, but I really don't see a difference besides a number.

It is sort of goofy on Directv too. 4 is now Fox, 6 is still CBS, 12 is still ABC, 50 is now NBC...

Guest jackbquick

For those with DTV this was awesome because fox did not come as a local channel which I have in my package but now I get all locals including fox.

It is sort of goofy on Directv too. 4 is now Fox, 6 is still CBS, 12 is still ABC, 50 is now NBC...

if you have digital cable, good luck getting the Orange Bowl tonight.  My digital tv wont pick up 14 yet.  TW says give them a few days.  Will be watching it on another TV that has regular cable.   How dumb can that be.  Good thing we weren't having some big party to watch it......  well, we found it, on regular channel 2....Just wait til feb. and lets see how messed up everything is :-\

If the Orange Bowl is on Fox cable channel 2 is what is advertising it right now. Cable channel 14 is coming in with NBC ads, and Fox is on cable channel 2. The Orange Bowl will be shown according to my TV.

My TV guide at the bottom of the screen, telling me what channel I am on when I change channels, is still wrong, but the programming is changed already, if that makes sense.

Now Time Warner wants to charge you .99 cents to send you a bill.  What a great company.

I don't have any channels above 20, and ESPN is 33.   >:(  I guess I am going to miss more bowl games (just got off work). Is anyone else having this Time Warner trouble right now?

Now Time Warner wants to charge you .99 cents to send you a bill.  What a great company.

Next thing ya know, they will charge a service fee everytime you turn the TV on. >:(

TW just added channel 871 HD Fox.

Didn't TW already have FOXHD (Sunday football).  It seemed like it was in the 860's-870's. 

Yes, I have Fox HD on 870 (lower cable channel 11). Fox Sports HD is on 871. The there is a Fox Sports Southwest on lower cable channel 26 (Astros), which has its HD channel on 894, but it doesn't always have something on. Hey, I have it and it's confusing to me. I think everything should be HD. My TV hates the lower channels.

DTV is the way to go right now, I install both Directv and Dish Network. Directv is offering a $18 a month rebate for 12 months or $23 a month rebate for 12 months if you setup of autopay. Plus you can get HBO, Showtime, Stars, and Encore free for 3 months. Free installation, free dvr upgrade, free hd upgrade.  I install whichever the customer wants Directv or Dishnetwork. To me Directv has the better offer right now for the customer. Anyone interested in more info can give me a call. Michael 832-287-4388.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86