Predictions For 20-4A This Year?

X

Who do you think will be the #1 team in 20-4A?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the #1 team in 20-4A?

• Central
    • Livingston
    • Vidor
    • Nederland
    • LCM
    • PNG
    • Ozen
    • Lumberton

I think if Stump could conrtol his feeder school coaches and players, they would be vying for state titles instead of district runners up each year! Stump does a great job with what he has, but I think WB will continue to struggle beyond Bi-district because of some of the restrictions of the BISD. Just an opinion.

The Beaumont coaches have a struggle no matter what. I honestly believe that Central's run at the playoffs last year was a lucky streak, and what I mean by that is that they had the right combination of players and coaching, but such a combination is rare in a district like BISD. The fact that they had that combination last year was a stroke of good luck, a rare one at that. Every now and then, Ozen, Central, and Westbrook will have one or two consecutive playoff runs, but, because of the structure of the district, won't be able to sustain long term results.

Holds true for MC to. We've Had more success at central than both MC teams with the exception of PNG's 89 and 95 runs. MC has just as many drouts. BISD does good IMO ;D

That's not necessarily true with Nederland. It is true with PN-G because, as I stated earlier, PN-G has been in the same boat as Central and Ozen because, like Central and Ozen, PN-G had good kids and good coaches, but virtually no program. Nederland has had all of those components for quite some time now. My only point here is that it's harder to build a program in a district like BISD than it is in a district like PN-GISD or NISD. The fact that PN-G has lacked a good program for the last several years is virtually irrelevant to this argument because PN-G didn't have a program as a direct result of the actions of its coaches, not the difficulty associated with building a program in a district like PN-GISD, of which there is much less because of the structure of our district. We could have had a program, we just didn't (for absolutely no reason, I might add). BISD doesn't really have a district-wide program, but in their case, it's understandable because of the difficulty involved in building a program in a district like BISD.

It's probably better to look at it comparatively.

This is the hidden content, please

Look at 2002-Present (I do this because 2002 was the first year that PN-G, Nederland, Central, and Ozen were in the same district).

School Name: Total Playoff Runs/Total Playoff Games/Average Number of Playoff Games per Playoff Run (2002-Present)

Central: 5/12/2.4

Ozen: 3/5/1.67

Nederland: 6/13/2.17

Port Neches-Groves: 3/6/2

School Name: 2002 Win Percentage (End of Season)/2008 Win Percentage (End of Season) [Net Gain/Loss]

Central: .5702/.5694 [-.08]

Ozen: .5926/.5304 [-.622]

Nederland: .5802/.5827 [+.025]

Port Neches-Groves: .6189/.6189 [+0]

Based on the playoff information, the schools would be ranked as follows:

1. Nederland

2. Central

3. Port Neches-Groves

4. Ozen

Based on the net gains/losses in each school's win percentage, the schools would be ranked as follows:

1. Nederland

2. Port Neches-Groves

3. Central

4. Ozen

As we can see, the district with the predesignated high school and the program is the best of the mentioned four.

OK I see your argument now. Good point, respect kid. :)

PNG Bandkid...thanks for showing everyone that PNG teaches their students more than just football!!  Way to go kiddo you make us proud!

You get kudos for backing up your opinion!  You're ok with me! ;) 8)

Thanks.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soulja....being the working mom of boys who play football I tend to stay rather busy.  In addition to that, the way I look at this season is that the district championship is up for the taking by the team who works the hardest to earn it.  That being said....no matter what I will be in the stands cheering the PNG Indians on win, lose or draw.  IMO....things are looking up and trying to base what this years team will do on what previous teams have done is a flawed rational.  In addition to the new coaches, it will also come down to unfortunate injuries that happen, getting the calls to go your way, etc. Coach Faircloth and the coaches he has brought into the system with him have set an entirely new work ethic and mindset for our players.  The players have bought into his program heart, mind and soul.  I believe that this will make PNG a front runner for the district championship.  But then again....I'm a die hard Indian fan who will always believe this, lol.  ;D

My comment to PNGbandkid had more to do with the recent postings on the Beaumont Enterprise Bayou blog site.  PNG fans are extremely supportive of our football team.  We are also supportive of other sports and activities.  In addition to being supportive we also have an excellent educational system.  Great teachers and administrators who work to ensure that our students have the abilities they need to be successful when they graduate and leave PNG. I just felt that his post proved what I already knew and I wanted to give him kuddos for that.  

We will have some unexpected surprises this year ! I would be willing to bet that PNG and Vidor stay home for the playoffs.

L-Town has 2 winning season and the rest of the area must bow down.

Yes, and I guess how soon we forget that they lost to us in their first successful season and had to share the district championship with us.

But actually , nothing in the past has any thing to do with our future. I will promise we will be better prepared than we have been in at least 15 years, and I promise other teams will have to do their homework to figure out what is coming. Unlike the past. I can't guarantee how good we will be, just can guarantee it will be improved.

Why will everyone in 20 4A have to do their homework to know what is coming from PNG ? The defenses in this district will be prepared for your misdirection plays. Livingston , LCM , and Vidor already run misdirection based offenses. You will not be prepared for any more than those teams I mentioned. If anything you are now @ more a disadvantage than before because their are more teams running misdirection offenses such as wing T and slot T in this district than any other offense. Therefore defenses are practicing  more for this type of offense than any other. So don't come on here and try to act like PNG is cutting edge and highly inventive( ahead of the curve ). PNG is just following other teams in the district and trying to do whatever it takes to win again. You fill these boards up with propaganda.

Why will everyone in 20 4A have to do their homework to know what is coming from PNG ? The defenses in this district will be prepared for your misdirection plays. Livingston , LCM , and Vidor already run misdirection based offenses. You will not be prepared for any more than those teams I mentioned. If anything you are now @ more a disadvantage than before because their are more teams running misdirection offenses such as wing T and slot T in this district than any other offense. Therefore defenses are practicing  more for this type of offense than any other. So don't come on here and try to act like PNG is cutting edge and highly inventive( ahead of the curve ). PNG is just following other teams in the district and trying to do whatever it takes to win again. You fill these boards up with propaganda.

PNG's offense after the departure of Mike Long has been a predictable joke.Neumann commentented in the paper that he didn't even need to to scout us. The only time our offense worked somewhat was when we had the type of back(like Hemmings) that would just line up and plow over you even when you knew it was coming.You had a man that found uot that year before last, has he woke up yet? I get a kick out of watching that regularly on you tube. But seriously, we had a very predictable offense.Do a little research on Odessa Permians offense under Faircloth, and you will see he does not run the spread.

Here is a post that one of the permian fans(mojofan) posted on the PNG site:

Thanks guys.  Faircloth is very meticulous and spends inordinate amounts of time game planning.  You will be the most and best prepared team in your district each week.  He is a master at in game adjustments.  Sometimes you will wonder what he's doing and then BAM, you'll find he's just set up the other guys and left you drop jawed along with the guys on the other side.  You'll see dozens and dozens of formations when the kids learn them all.  Every play in the playbook can be run from any of the formations making scouting by your future opponents difficult at best.  The formations he uses one week may not be used at all the following week.  He is a master at taking what a defense give him and exploiting their weaknesses.  He'll run it down their throats if they give him that or he may pass 50 times in a game if they give him that.  We were always VERY balanced.  The offense made the last three QB's at Permian school record setters along with providing us the 1st 2000+ yard back in a long time.  It's a no huddle most of the time, with the signals given to the QB from the sideline.  That alone gives you several more plays per game.  More kids get to play because there are personnel packages for each formation and several are used during the game.  You guys are gonna like this a bunch, but your opponents won't like it at all.

Guest Brubaker

I'm with you Raydernation, I've seen some of the stuff they run on Youtube, and while a great departure from PNG of the past, it's nothing mindboggling new that anyone who hasn't been to a clinic wouldn't understand.  I understand the ambivalence of having something new, but to think it's some kind of voodoo wonder offense... well it's not.

What makes an offense effective is execution and play calling, This is why some coordinators script the first couple of series of downs to see how the defense will react to what they are doing and then attack. The VooDoo is in the mind of the one calling the plays, not everyone can do it.

Guest Brubaker

That's another thing, I've heard the guy didn't call the plays in Odessa... can anybody confirm that?  A guy from PNG told me this, so just lookin to corroborate?

That's another thing, I've heard the guy didn't call the plays in Odessa... can anybody confirm that?  A guy from PNG told me this, so just lookin to corroborate?

Nah. Wishful thinking.I know a good source from Odessa that hated to see him go, and is very hopeful he will return one day as Head Coach.This person said basically the same thing that one of the assistant coaches at PNG (ONE OF THEM THAT GOT INVITED TO STAY) said. That is that Coach Faircloth is one of the the most intelligent people football minded and just in general that he ever met.This coach said that some staying wasn't sure what to expect because of Coach Faircloth's young age but after the first conversation realized he was way above anyone he had ever met IQ and intellect wise.

It shouldn't matter who was calling the plays, if your defensive coaches went to any clinic. ;) Kinda funny isn't it? You go from "anyone whose been to a clinic will understand" to "he wasn't calling the plays". Hmmmm it's getting pretty obvious.

With the new facilities at The Reservation - homeside bleachers, score board, pressbox, field turf almost new field house - new attitude in the bleachers and on the field, and a fresh young mind on the sidelines, that damn cherokee blasting with every first down,  PNG will be a very intimidateing place to play. I'm a die hard bulldog and I hope we win , but Larry better have the troops ready; 

with all that being said my money is still on Larry

------->I can't wait for this season to start. The attitudes of these players are different than I have ever seen.<------

That statement right there, if it's is truly accurate, will be what makes the most difference in how PNG does this year.

Agreed! Buying in to the system and what the coaches are selling is what has turned Lumberton around. You found a coach that gets it (starts with them when they are young). I think we have as well.

Guest Lions

Central

Nederland

Lumberton

Vidor

I agree with your top four, but I hope it is switched around a tad.

Central lost to may starters along with their coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder