Predictions For 20-4A This Year?

X

Who do you think will be the #1 team in 20-4A?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the #1 team in 20-4A?

• Central
    • Livingston
    • Vidor
    • Nederland
    • LCM
    • PNG
    • Ozen
    • Lumberton

Not all that much differance between SETX players vs. North/Northeast Texas except a past great bunch of QB'S that have had family or relatives w/past Great QB'S training or guiding them through their early years and paying big bucks to send them to training camps.Back to topic it's gonna get wild w/dist.lead changes.Point spread could be the determining factor along w/penetrations.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question.. How did they share the title when Lumberton beat Livingston? Just askin because I'm so confused

Because in the eyes of the UIL they tied with equal records, but we all know who won head to head.

Actually....

there "could have been" a "secret" meeting where the rules where changed after the fact enabling Lumberton to crown itself as district champs.

Just like the year before, Lumberton was the CO-district champ for 2008, playoff wise we were first place because we beat the other Co-champ, same as year before when we were seeded ahead of Dayton in division II. That's okay, this year we're gonna get greedy and not share.....LOL

• 2 months later...
[quote name="pngfan1" post="695721" timestamp="1257264743"]
Interesting. Not the picks, just the arrogance or cockiness. Just like what we are being called now. Seems a little hypocritical.
[/quote]

It's not posters like you that draw the blanket statements being made about PNG fans. It's the ones that pretend that PNG has let off the gas in every game they've played, the ones that think the def. is inpenetrable by anyone in the area, etc.

[quote name="dayton" post="695727" timestamp="1257264945"]
[quote author=pngfan1 link=topic=47450.msg695721#msg695721 date=1257264743]
Interesting. Not the picks, just the arrogance or cockiness. Just like what we are being called now. Seems a little hypocritical.
[/quote]

It's not posters like you that draw the blanket statements being made about PNG fans. It's the ones that pretend that PNG has let off the gas in every game they've played, the ones that think the def. is inpenetrable by anyone in the area, etc.
[/quote]
We do have fans like anyone else who get excited and really talk too much trash. But my point is most teams that are winning have the same. And we just have to credit that to excitement.Although, I do cringe at some of the comments.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="695737" timestamp="1257265507"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=47450.msg695727#msg695727 date=1257264945]
[quote author=pngfan1 link=topic=47450.msg695721#msg695721 date=1257264743]
[/quote]

[/quote]
We do have fans like anyone else who get excited and really talk too much trash. But my point is most teams that are winning have the same. And we just have to credit that to excitement.Although, I do cringe at some of the comments.
[/quote]

true

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012

• Meh.. Everyone knows this. The kid that got injured wasn't lifting weights. Supposedly he was hit with a helmet in his elbow. In my opinion the kid shouldn't have been put in that situation. AD should've told the Varsity baseball players to sit that one out. I have no issues with the lifting or conditioning. However, anytime helmets/pads are on there is a higher risk of injury. This AD showed a total lack of respect for HIS baseball program. 
    • Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
    • 5A Bi-District Baseball: Friendswood vs. Nederland -Game 1: Thursday (May 2): 6:30pm -Game 2: Friday (May 3): 6:30pm -Game 3 (If Needed): Saturday (May 4): 12pm *All games at Goose Creek Memorial HS*
    • Baseball mafia can cry all they want but when the talent isn’t there it ain’t there lol
    • It's only a matter of time before the baseball mafia starts greasing the tracks to run Crumedy out of town. It'll be a dang shame too, but mark my words. 
  • Topics