Best QB In Dayton History

liltex

Sorry man, that goes to Barry Pruitt.

Just think if Barry would have played RB those last couple of years in 91 & 92.  That was probably the biggest team to come thru Dayton.  The O-Line was HUGE, averaged over 300lbs.  That team had some high expectations and some great athletes.  Barry's up there at the top.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you freakn'kidn me! Google Ricky Eggleston and see what pops up, he didn't have the luxury of a Div-1 QB throwing to him.  This man set all kinds of records and put Sam Houston State University on the map.  I can think of several other good receivers and tight-ends that came through the system that never got the opportunities of having a Div-1 QB throwing to them.  Bite your tongue bud.  Now that Ardist fella'seem to be injury prone and had two left feet. ;D

Thanks 7mary3 on the props for Rick!  These young Broncos have no idea who Ricky Eggleston is.  Pre Stewart era, Ricky has to be the greatest athlete to come thru Dayton.  He played in the early 80's and was a beast.  He was on varsity all four years.  His senior season in 1984 our team was horrible and he carried us on his back.  He was a stud in all sports and went on to be an All American at Sam Houston State.  I personally think AJ Dugat is the best athlete to come thru Dayton but Ricky has to be mentioned and given his due.

Are you freakn'kidn me! Google Ricky Eggleston and see what pops up, he didn't have the luxury of a Div-1 QB throwing to him.  This man set all kinds of records and put Sam Houston State University on the map.  I can think of several other good receivers and tight-ends that came through the system that never got the opportunities of having a Div-1 QB throwing to them.  Bite your tongue bud.  Now that Ardist fella'seem to be injury prone and had two left feet. ;D

Thanks 7mary3 on the props for Rick!  These young Broncos have no idea who Ricky Eggleston is.  Pre Stewart era, Ricky has to be the greatest athlete to come thru Dayton.  He played in the early 80's and was a beast.  He was on varsity all four years.   His senior season in 1984 our team was horrible and he carried us on his back.   He was a stud in all sports and went on to be an All American at Sam Houston State.  I personally think AJ Dugat is the best athlete to come thru Dayton but Ricky has to be mentioned and given his due.

grew up hearing about him! I've even heard Stewart talk about him a little.

DANG I am soooooooo slow.... I finally put 2 and 2 together and got 5.. OK so this Ardist fellow yall keep talking about played spades too?  I went to high school with his sister and got to hear about how he broke all of the spades records at Army. Yes I said ARMY.. Yall know what Army is right?? If you dont know, they are the ones that keep getting beat every year by NAVY.. But, to be honest. The only reason Navy keeps winning is because of all of the Marines that are on the team.

Semper Fi.. (The Marine in me just had to come out)

He's certainly gotten better as the games have gotten bigger.  3 deep throws on the money and another where Terry cut the route just a tad short.  He hits the deep ball consistently and there's nothing you can do to stop this offense and he tops the list easily.  Yes Stacey10, that overthrow was on the receiver.  Happy?

Actually, the WR was not at fault that play but I believe it was you saying that Green could not throw the deep ball well and now, all of a sudden, you are saying he hits the deep ball consistently.  You are going back and forth with your assesments of Green...

You guys think Cody is another Vince Young, Codys good but hasn't truly been tested not like he's going to be tested when they play Kerrville Tivy, trust me!! Vince Yound never made it to state either.

Tivy will be passing out the basketball shoes at halftime

You guys think Cody is another Vince Young, Codys good but hasn't truly been tested not like he's going to be tested when they play Kerrville Tivy, trust me!! Vince Yound never made it to state either.

I can not stand Vince Young, so I think of Cody more like the guy that is going to send Kerrville Tivy packing!

He's certainly gotten better as the games have gotten bigger.  3 deep throws on the money and another where Terry cut the route just a tad short.  He hits the deep ball consistently and there's nothing you can do to stop this offense and he tops the list easily.  Yes Stacey10, that overthrow was on the receiver.  Happy?

Actually, the WR was not at fault that play but I believe it was you saying that Green could not throw the deep ball well and now, all of a sudden, you are saying he hits the deep ball consistently.  You are going back and forth with your assesments of Green...

Yes the receiver was a fault on that play.  You run THROUGH the ball and the post route goes to the post and not the corner of the end zone.  He cut the route too sharp...the ball was right on the money.  I'm not flip-flopping either, he had his best game of the year throwing deep.  I never said he's now consistent.  My point was he keeps making those throws and I don't see anyone stopping the offense because you won't be able to load the box.

Look man, I'm sorry but Tivy gave up OVER 300 POINTS THIS SEASON.  The defense is nothing special and trust me we've seen much better.  The offense is as good as we've seen but spare me on the defenses, Tivy reminds me of Friendwood light.

DANG I am soooooooo slow.... I finally put 2 and 2 together and got 5.. OK so this Ardist fellow yall keep talking about played spades too?  I went to high school with his sister and got to hear about how he broke all of the spades records at Army. Yes I said ARMY.. Yall know what Army is right?? If you dont know, they are the ones that keep getting beat every year by NAVY.. But, to be honest. The only reason Navy keeps winning is because of all of the Marines that are on the team.

Semper Fi.. (The Marine in me just had to come out)

Is that the reason...and here I was thinking it was because Army has no speed on offense or defense and just not very good talent on the whole.  Where do we get some of those MARINES anyway??

Didn't that Conner kid try and invent a new game where you hit a basketball with a baseball bat?

Not sure about that, but he used to try and get a bowling ball in the little golf hole, crazy bastard!

Didn't he throw like 18 touchdown passes to Bretty Reaves in Pee-Wee ball as well?  The best was when he got arrested for jumping his truck and doing doughnuts in the parking lot at the old high school.

Didn't that Conner kid try and invent a new game where you hit a basketball with a baseball bat?

Not sure about that, but he used to try and get a bowling ball in the little golf hole, crazy bastard!

Didn't he throw like 18 touchdown passes to Bretty Reaves in Pee-Wee ball as well?  The best was when he got arrested for jumping his truck and doing doughnuts in the parking lot at the old high school.

Didn't he also forget his glove and spikes at home when he actually needed them his Sr. year since he was pitching a game at Lumberton:  Broncos Win and they are in the Play-Offs: We know how that turned out as well.

Didn't he also forget his glove and spikes at home when he actually needed them his Sr. year since he was pitching a game at Lumberton:  Broncos Win and they are in the Play-Offs: We know how that turned out as well.

What a dumas...who the heck would ever leave their baseball equipment at home their JUNIOR year!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder