STFL Playoff Scores Week 1

Txdragon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOS White beat Vidor Black  22-0

Wos was ahead at the half 7-0.  Had 3 long td runs and only 1 st down. And they got that 1st down late in the game with 29 sec left and up 22-0,  when they decided that they did not have enough points yet.

Good thing that my son ran him down from behind.   I really thought that they might even call timeout with 13 secs left to try to score again.

Lots of class shown by the wos coaching staff.

Also like all season long the refs were terrible.

Hats off to the Pirate kids they played with alot of heart.

I am very proud of them.

we will find out if they are ready for us lol...Who knows guess we will see in two weeks. Anyone have any scores from the other side of the bracket? Just a note about the Vidor kids, they ALWAYS play with a lot of heart.

WOS JUNIOR WHITE, WON. SO ARE YALL READY FOR THEM????????????

we will find out if they are ready for us lol...Who knows guess we will see in two weeks. Anyone have any scores from the other side of the bracket? Just a note about the Vidor kids, they ALWAYS play with a lot of heart.

WOS JUNIOR WHITE, WON. SO ARE YALL READY FOR THEM????????????

Lumberton upset png white 12-6. Really good game.

Wos was ahead at the half 7-0.  Had 3 long td runs and only 1 st down. And they got that 1st down late in the game with 29 sec left and up 22-0,  when they decided that they did not have enough points yet.

Good thing that my son ran him down from behind.   I really thought that they might even call timeout with 13 secs left to try to score again.

I am very proud of them.

I detect a hint of sarcasm in your post. Am i wrong? WE won 2 games today. The refs,and the Vidor Pirates. They called tons of nonsense on us from start to finish. There were several big plays and touchdowns called back on us throughout the Game. My problem is when the refs tell us that they are not making calls and letting things go because we are winning. That is crap. They LET Vidor hold all game,and when we complained their answer is  "man you guys are in control of the game. And Look at the score". Its completely ridiculous. Our Coaches have tons of class. We had no reason not too. We were never really threatened when we were on Defense,except for maybe one drive. Good game and good season to Vidor.[move]GO WO-S WHITE[/move]

How do the coaches have tons of class throwing a bomb up 22-0 with 29 secs left in the game.

Also I agree on the refs they were terrible but if you want to talk holding just ask our corners that were mugged on all 3 long td runs.

Only one td was called back for holding on yall.

But we could go back and forth on this and never agree.

How do the coaches have tons of class throwing a bomb up 22-0 with 29 secs left in the game.

Also I agree on the refs they were terrible but if you want to talk holding just ask our corners that were mugged on all 3 long td runs.

The better team won! No ifs ands or buts!! We took the ball from u guys like 5 times and the ref always said you were down. The refs kept you all in the game. If not for the refs you guys get blown out by 35 or more. We had way more calls against us than u all did. U all had kids that dint even shake hands after the game. But do we moan and get upset about it? No.  When we lost to PNG White it wasnt none of this stuff on the boards from us. AT ALL!! We lost and moved on. You talk like u guys handled us on the field and we could not move the ball. Is that what u saw? Really? Like I said good game. Because its obvious we weren't watching the same game.

Guest jackbquick

I am very proud of them.

I detect a hint of sarcasm in your post. Am i wrong? WE won 2 games today. The refs,and the Vidor Pirates. They called tons of nonsense on us from start to finish. There were several big plays and touchdowns called back on us throughout the Game. My problem is when the refs tell us that they are not making calls and letting things go because we are winning. That is crap. They LET Vidor hold all game,and when we complained their answer is  "man you guys are in control of the game. And Look at the score". Its completely ridiculous. Our Coaches have tons of class. We had no reason not too. We were never really threatened when we were on Defense,except for maybe one drive. Good game and good season to Vidor.[move]GO WO-S WHITE[/move]

I tell you what is crap is when 3 Vidor players get poked in the eyes because they were tackled by their facemasks and 2 of them go down because of knees to the nuts and another one gets hit in the back well after the play is over and none of that is seen. Go back and look at video and tell me honestly that there is not holding both ways in the trenches every play, it's the ones on the outside that directly affect a play (holding on the corners) that should be called and sometimes in the trenches.I also heard a lot of Vidor kids complaining about being cussed at, and I don't mean just by other players, WOS coaches and fans also. At least 1 thing we agree on is the refs were terrible, but to say that the refs were not calling penalties because WOS was ahead is also crap. 4th quarter Vidor was inside the 15 yard line with 2 mins left in the game down 22-0 with a 1st and 10 and called timeout. Vidor broke the huddle near the sidelines and 1 kid went to the sidelines, a flag was thrown for illegal substitution, right call that could have easily been overlooked but was not, so those quotes were definitely not the belief of the ref on Vidor's sideline. Congratulations to both teams on a great season and remember these are kids and we as parents and coaches are responsible for teaching these kids how to play this game with respect and class which will hopefully carry over to their adult life                  

The better team won! No ifs ands or buts!! We took the ball from u guys like 5 times and the ref always said you were down. The refs kept you all in the game. If not for the refs you guys get blown out by 35 or more. We had way more calls against us than u all did. U all had kids that dint even shake hands after the game. But do we moan and get upset about it? No.  When we lost to PNG White it wasnt none of this stuff on the boards from us. AT ALL!! We lost and moved on. You talk like u guys handled us on the field and we could not move the ball. Is that what u saw? Really? Like I said good game. Because its obvious we weren't watching the same game.

My friend, don't worry about it.  The short time we stayed after our game all I saw was "fabric on the field" and you guys lost "A lot of real estate" because of the refs.  Sorry we didn't stay longer, we had been at the field since around 7:30 and we were cold and hungry.  Dog gone it, Dragon had to mention eating at Waffle House and all i could think about was Hashbrowns, scatterd, covered, chuncked, etc. etc. etc. ;D so I just had to go.

See you guys on the field Dec. 6th.  Any idea what time yet?

"I also heard a lot of Vidor kids complaining about being cussed at, and I don't mean just by other players, WOS coaches and fans also."

Stangs92; BigD; TD:

What ya'll doing cursing at those kids?  Mrs. TD: shame on you.  Those young kids you teach must get an earfull.  Mr. & Mrs. Bank President - shame on you too.  I'm gonna tell your customers what bad, bad people you are.  Oh, and let's not forget the fan (and I really don't know her name) who goes to every game, cheers for the kids, prays for those who get hurts (WOS kid or not) and is LOUD AND PROUD and just as sweet as can be -- shame on you for cursing out those kids.

Give me break!  that is all i have to say about that.

You are right the better team won.  We just dont have the speed that you guys do.

About not shaking the coaches hands after the game, I am one of the Vidor coaches and I did not shake any of the coaches hands, but I shook every one of the WOS kids hands and told them they played a good game. Throwing a bomb with 23 secs left in the game when you are up 22-0 shows lack of class I dont care what you say. I guess 22-0 is not impressive enough win against Vidor.

All year when we got up by quite bit of points we substituted our entire backfield and did not even think about running up the score.  But that is the difference between a staff with class and a staff with no class.

I hope the WOS Blue team wins yalls matchup.  

I am very proud of them.

I tell you what is crap is when 3 Vidor players get poked in the eyes because they were tackled by their facemasks and 2 of them go down because of knees to the nuts and another one gets hit in the back well after the play is over and none of that is seen. Go back and look at video and tell me honestly that there is not holding both ways in the trenches every play, it's the ones on the outside that directly affect a play (holding on the corners) that should be called and sometimes in the trenches.I also heard a lot of Vidor kids complaining about being cussed at, and I don't mean just by other players, WOS coaches and fans also. At least 1 thing we agree on is the refs were terrible, but to say that the refs were not calling penalties because WOS was ahead is also crap. 4th quarter Vidor was inside the 15 yard line with 2 mins left in the game down 22-0 with a 1st and 10 and called timeout. Vidor broke the huddle near the sidelines and 1 kid went to the sidelines, a flag was thrown for illegal substitution, right call that could have easily been overlooked but was not, so those quotes were definitely not the belief of the ref on Vidor's sideline. Congratulations to both teams on a great season and remember these are kids and we as parents and coaches are responsible for teaching these kids how to play this game with respect and class which will hopefully carry over to their adult life                  

Whatever u say!! We had not 1 but 2 STJFL REPS on our sidelines the entire game. They monitored us like we were the ones fighting last week. So  there was no cursing from our coaches or parents. And im telling u what the ref on our side was saying.Excuses,excuses excuses. Im done with this one . Thanks for the warm up game guys. I hate when someone cant give a team ANY credit whatsoever.

You are right the better team won.  We just dont have the speed that you guys do.

About not shaking the coaches hands after the game, I am one of the Vidor coaches and I did not shake any of the coaches hands, but I shook every one of the WOS kids hands and told them they played a good game. Throwing a bomb with 23 secs left in the game when you are up 22-0 shows lack of class I dont care what you say. I guess 22-0 is not impressive enough win against Vidor.

All year when we got up by quite bit of points we substituted our entire backfield and did not even think about running up the score.  But that is the difference between a staff with class and a staff with no class.

U r right. Your staff has way more class than the WOS-White teams staff. And I hope you ......wait....your season is over!! Bye buddy. Come check us out on DEC. 6. It will e a great game.

Yeah we threw a pass with 39 seconds to go, so what.  When we played ya'll a few weeks back, we ran the ball with a few minutes to go, and your coaches still cried.  They went to the meeting and complained and said that we ran a reverse early in the fourth quarter while we were already winning.  The real problem is that you guys need to either win, or learn to wear a loss a little better.  Ya'll are the biggest group of sore losers that I have ever seen.  The part about the kids being cursed at is absolutely ridiculous.  You were not on our side of the field, I was, and that is not true.  Those kids probably said that because they hear ya'll complaining and making excuses from the time the ball is kicked off.  You want to talk about class, how about your team coming up to the line and growling and hollering every play until the ref asked them to please stop.  Do you know that is called taunting?  Or how about when we went to shake hands, half of your kids didn't shake hands and even one of your coaches.  Yeah that's a lot of class.  It is a shame too, because overall your team played well, they were very physical, and we needed a game like this.  My kids came to the sideline and complained about what your kids were calling them all day long, and about your kids grabbing their facemasks as well, but you don't hear me crying about it.  Ask anyone on our sideline what I tell my boys when they complain about these things.  I tell them to let the refs handle it, and the way to get them back is to play physical and beat them on the scoreboard.  I tell them they can't hold you are grab you if they are on their backs.  That's what we teach over hear.  Truth of the matter is, these kids are 9 and 10 years old, and sometimes they may retaliate, but I am the first one too snatch their butts out of the game when they do.  We both agree that the refs were terrible, and I commend Paul and the rest of the Vidor staff for having their team better prepared this time around.  They looked like a whole different team.  Good job.  Just learn to wear a loss a little better, and quit wining and making excuses, it becomes contagious and is a bad example for your boys.  Yeah we threw a pass, I bet you would have enjoyed the pass a little more if your corner had picked it off and ran it back for a TD, huh.  Would that had been better?  Well, it didn't happen, so quit crying Orangeblood!!!!!!!!!! If the ya'll hadn't wined all game, trust me that call would not have been made, but since you want to cry, that was a little something for you to cry about.  Now you have a legitimate gripe.  Give me a break!!!!

I discredit anything else spoken by Orangeblooded.  Who in the heck did ya'll get up by quite a bit of points on, and pull your backfield?  Yeah right!! Look back over the scores, you were on the other end someone being up by quite a bit of points.  Now us on the other hand, we get up big, pull our starters, backups come in and score, and everyone cries.  If you can't stop my third string, then too bad.  I will not ask a kid who doesn't normally get to run the ball to not run hard.  By the way, the kid who caught the pass was a backup.  Fair enough, you can cheer for WOS Blue, since your team is at home.  Enjoy!!!! But get ready to be dissapointed again. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

"Fair enough, you can cheer for WOS Blue, since your team is at home.  Enjoy!!!! But get ready to be dissapointed again."    ;

hey hey hey, if they root for us, they will be delighted by the outcome.  Now don't make me come after you Big D!

You may have to start calling me Big G and we can duel on the field after MY team beats YOUR team!  ;D ;D ;D

Poor Dan Ray is gonna be mad ... he said we could use his field only if the Stangs promised to win.  Boy is he gonna be ticked off that you have to break that promise!!!!! ;)

Talk about class. Neither one of yall have it. To get on here and talk about each other and say things about 9 and 10 year old kids is ridiculous. I don't have a dog in this fight but trust me doing what yall are doing is not classy at all.

ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!  Has anyone heard from NEWINDIAN? He talks alot of noise on this board. I know its all in fun, but i got some cajun-fried crow for him to eat!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

[move]NEWINDIAN.......COME OUT AND PLAY[/move]

That's fine VP 93, I'll take that.  The only thing that I said about the 9 and 10 year old boys were that they played good, and fought hard.  I said that they were better prepared and looked like a whole different team.  It was meant to be a compliment.  Not sure why you didn't recognize that, I guess you are still wearing the same glasses that you had on at the game.  The point that I was trying to prove is that it is a shame for their coaches to overshadow their efforts, with all of the excuses, and complaining.  If you lose, don't let your kids see you making excuses and being a poor sport.  Just as when we lost to PNG, I told my boys that we were out coached.  I took responsibility for not having them more prepared.  I didn't make excuses, and will not make any if we do happen to lose to WOS Blue.  

I guess you didn't read I don't have a dog in the fight and BTW I wasn't there. I just was reading this post and yall were going at it about each other haven are not haven class. If yall had it then yall would of just let them get on here and make excuses why they lost and not fall in there trap.

We've all been at it hard for the last 4 months and the truth is it's probably starting to wear on everybody a bit. The length of the season is also the reason we have the bad refs and calls... Which seems to be the only thing we can all agree on lately.

There wasn't a game out there today that wasn't a true dogfight till the end. No team should have left the field with their tails draggin in the dirt today... not from what I saw. Every player and coach should have left this afternoon with their head held high congratulating the other team for how they played.

That is especially true for PNG JR White. You fellas had an awesome season and we knew when we woke up this morning it was gonna be a rough day... I went though a half bottle of Tums by noon. Good Game!

The teams advancing to the next round have a couple of weeks to rest and regroup before the 6th and I'd like to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder