Barbay family has three head coaches, three teams in playoffs

KFDM COOP

I've seen Curtis with tears in his eyes after a playoff loss talking about how badly he feels for the kids, especially the seniors. That's love of the game and the kids playing for him. He has been called a father figure for many of the kids that have come through Newton. More than one will tell you how much they love this man and how they want their kids to play for him. This is rare.

Curtis will go down as one of the all time great coaches in the history of Texas High School Football and one of the all time great leaders of young men. I now a lot of people from Newton and quite a few that played for him and they all say what a great man he was and that he meant a lot to them in their development as quality Men. They all say he would not let them settle. That says alot. And I think it shows in the success of his program and the successes of his son's.

Having known Curtis for many years, I must say that he has always been a dedicated coach and fair with the kids. I remember his words many years ago when the Quarterback club was formed "If you are here to complain because your kid isn't getting playing time, your at the wrong place, I will always put the hardest workers and the best players on the field" and this he has always done. I'm glad that he has remained head coach and that my son has gotten the benefit of his coaching. And I'm sure his boys will follow his legacy and make their mark in history. Knowing Curtis, if the boy's want to talk about their team and strategies, he will tell them he has his on strategies to work on for the Eagles, figure it out for yourself ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder