2 Teams in one district winning the State Championship

Guest A-TOWN

Guest 87CRU79

If I remember correctly, back in 05, WOS and BC were both making a run at the State Title. Although they both lost in the Semi's it woulda been pretty cool to see.

Need to look into that original question tho

San Augustine and Garrison did it a few years back.

This is correct, and if I remember correctly Timpson finished 11-3 that year, was the third place team from that district and was beat in regional finals of AA by district foe Garrison for second time only other loss was to San Augustine in district in 2003 I believe.

I just can't help but feel that the whole playoff excitement is beginning to get watered down with all of these divisions. I guess in a few years we'll just send every team to the playoffs. Then we can all applaud when our team wins the "Div 6 - Last Place Bracket State Championship". It's just crazy. I realize it's nice to make the playoffs but does anyone else feel that maybe we're getting a little carried away. First, it went to two teams (actually a pretty good move), then three teams (a bit much), and now four teams at the higher levels (way too much). I hope Newton and Kirbyville both win State Championships. That will be cool if it happens. But, in my opinion, it just shouldn't happen. There should be one State Champion at each Class. Just one! (My opinion).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw