Will Nederland Make The Playoffs??

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

I have seen other people's thread and mine being erased and we let someone talk about Grogan should be scared going to Vidor. That sounds a little rascist, knowing how Vidor viewed blacks years back.

Calm down,man.  I didn't take it like that.  I think he meant that he should be scared of the Pirate ship.  Meaning that if he does not produce, nederland could lose and not make the playoffs.  I don't think he was being racist. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Grogan's scared of anybody.  Kid ran all over Livingston, almost had a Sumrall moment, he drug several defenders 17 yards.  Vidor will have their hand fulls with the big cat.  On the other hand, Nederland is struggling something fierce on defense.  Kids are playing hard, but we are struggling.  If we beat Vidor, it'll be a high scoring affair.

I read many of the posts on this site but rarely post myself.  What I don't understand is why so many posters seem to always rate Nederland so high.  Don't get me wrong, Nederland has had their share of success over the last 10 years or so but lately they've been nowhere near as good as these posts make them out to be.  For example, in their last 8 games (last 2 from 2007 and all 6 in 2008), Nederland has 3 wins and 5 losses.  The Bulldogs were outscored 96-7 in their last 2 games in 2007 and lost to WO-S by 20 to open this season.  I'm aware that WO-S has a very successful program but still, WO-S is a 3A school and a "good" 4A team shouldn't lose by 20 at home to any 3A school.  The Bulldogs failed to make the playoffs in 2007 and need to beat Vidor next week or they'll probably miss out again in 2008 - even with four teams in the district making the playoffs.  For the record, I think they'll beat Vidor and go to the playoffs this season.  So I guess I'm guilty of overrating Nederland too. 

PLease can anyone explain to me why Nederland deserves such lofty status when their recent performances on the field don't support it.

By the way, I live in Nederland and I'm a Bulldog fan not a Bulldog basher.

It's pretty simple. The winner next week out of Ned and Vidor will all but assure the final playoff spot. The loser is all but out.

With Lumberton, Central, and Livingston with just 1 loss each, they have the inside track for the top three spots. All three can actually afford to lose 1 out of the last 2 and still get in the playoffs.

I agree with your assessment. I think Vidor as the edge at this point. Isn't the game being played in Vidor?

Thanks goodness L-Town has LCM next week.

I read many of the posts on this site but rarely post myself.  What I don't understand is why so many posters seem to always rate Nederland so high.  Don't get me wrong, Nederland has had their share of success over the last 10 years or so but lately they've been nowhere near as good as these posts make them out to be.  For example, in their last 8 games (last 2 from 2007 and all 6 in 2008), Nederland has 3 wins and 5 losses.  The Bulldogs were outscored 96-7 in their last 2 games in 2007 and lost to WO-S by 20 to open this season.  I'm aware that WO-S has a very successful program but still, WO-S is a 3A school and a "good" 4A team shouldn't lose by 20 at home to any 3A school.   The Bulldogs failed to make the playoffs in 2007 and need to beat Vidor next week or they'll probably miss out again in 2008 - even with four teams in the district making the playoffs.  For the record, I think they'll beat Vidor and go to the playoffs this season.  So I guess I'm guilty of overrating Nederland too. 

PLease can anyone explain to me why Nederland deserves such lofty status when their recent performances on the field don't support it.

It's a tradition thing, if Nederland or PNG start district with wins, they are practically crowned champion even if their first games are against the weaker district teams, Central is almost to that point too. Whereas, the rest of us pretty much have to win out the entire season before we are considered champs. It's just how it is...

I read many of the posts on this site but rarely post myself.  What I don't understand is why so many posters seem to always rate Nederland so high.  Don't get me wrong, Nederland has had their share of success over the last 10 years or so but lately they've been nowhere near as good as these posts make them out to be.  For example, in their last 8 games (last 2 from 2007 and all 6 in 2008), Nederland has 3 wins and 5 losses.  The Bulldogs were outscored 96-7 in their last 2 games in 2007 and lost to WO-S by 20 to open this season.  I'm aware that WO-S has a very successful program but still, WO-S is a 3A school and a "good" 4A team shouldn't lose by 20 at home to any 3A school.   The Bulldogs failed to make the playoffs in 2007 and need to beat Vidor next week or they'll probably miss out again in 2008 - even with four teams in the district making the playoffs.  For the record, I think they'll beat Vidor and go to the playoffs this season.  So I guess I'm guilty of overrating Nederland too. 

It's a tradition thing, if Nederland or PNG start district with wins, they are practically crowned champion even if their first games are against the weaker district teams, Central is almost to that point too. Whereas, the rest of us pretty much have to win out the entire season before we are considered champs. It's just how it is...

Its good that only you feel that that we have 'tradition'.  You like it, I love it.  ::) ::)

Its good that only you feel that that we have 'tradition'.  You like it, I love it.   ::) ::)

Of course you guys have tradition, going all the way back to the buffs, unlike the poser Beaumont team, who in their first varsity season, made it into the playoffs in spite of losing to Lumberton and having a worse record.............still haven't figured that one out. ??? Not trying to start a fight there...lol

Its good that only you feel that that we have 'tradition'.  You like it, I love it.   ::) ::)

Of course you guys have tradition, going all the way back to the buffs, unlike the poser Beaumont team, who in their first varsity season, made it into the playoffs in spite of losing to Lumberton and having a worse record.............still haven't figured that one out. ??? Not trying to start a fight there...lol

8) 8) 8) 8)

Aaahhh the days of ole..... WO-S, TJ, BC-P, Lincoln, French, Forest Park, Vidor, Beaumont High, South Park, them were the days of football....

Sad thought here....

It has been a long long time since both Nederland and PN-G have missed the playoffs.

Could become reality this year...

On the flip side, heres a happy thought for you, Vidor and Lumberton both making the playoffs.  Thats something thats never happened in one season ;D ;D ;D

Congrats on a successful season regardless of how the rest comes out and good luck the rest of the way.

I have seen other people's thread and mine being erased and we let someone talk about Grogan should be scared going to Vidor. That sounds a little rascist, knowing how Vidor viewed blacks years back.

is this guy even serious???????

ohhh please....

im not even gonna get into this, because i would blast you so hard you would cry...

Could it simply be the long success of making the playoffs and once in the playoffs they win....Doing it that long gets respect....One more thing, I wouldn't consider Nederland a good football team at the start of this season, that is what makes Nederland special, they figure out their needs, address it, and then win, just like they will do this Friday night against Vidor, WIN and win Big,,,,,,,,Nederland 42 Vidor 14.............

Could it simply be the long success of making the playoffs and once in the playoffs they win....Doing it that long gets respect....One more thing, I wouldn't consider Nederland a good football team at the start of this season, that is what makes Nederland special, they figure out their needs, address it, and then win, just like they will do this Friday night against Vidor, WIN and win Big,,,,,,,,Nederland 42 Vidor 14.............

This last post by "James Mosley" is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.  He implies that the Bulldogs are special because they figure out their needs and address them as the season goes on.  But recent history doesn't support this.  The Bulldogs lost their last two games in 2007 keeping them out of the playoffs and have lost the last two games they've played this season.  So how does this qualify for figuring out their needs and addressing them?       

MCfan, Nederland went 7-3 last year with several quality wins, Waller/Brenham/Central to name a few.  They did miss the playoffs, as they ran into 2 teams better than them at the end of the season.  This was with a new spread offense and a sophomore qb, but all in all they were not good enough defensively.  What James was referring to was the risky switch from the pro style offense that they had run to the spread, that took balls, and sticking with it after the experts said we should go back to the I and pound Grogan, took bigger balls.  That's what James was talking about.  This year is just getting cranking with the storm causing a major disruption to everybody's season, They have lost two in a row, but the season is far from over.  I'm wondering how you can draw conclusions over an 8 game stretch versus what James pointed out as a history of performance that spans over 100?  Nederland has earned some respect over the past 100 games which the past 8 games won't tarnish, especially when they are putting up yards and points at a draw dropping clip.  Their defense has some work to do, but I think they will get better.  You seem to have a different agenda, so please carry it out.

So basically Big Ned wants revenge since they lost their homecoming (how depressing) to Livingston 55-50. Now I'm not a football buff but that sounds to me like neither of the two defenses were clicking on all cylinders to let a collective 100+ points be scored in 48 minutes of football. If they couldn't stop Livingstons offenses how do they expect to "figure out their needs and adress it" to stop Vidor's. Something doesn't make since.

So basically Big Ned wants revenge since they lost their homecoming (how depressing) to Livingston 55-50. Now I'm not a football buff but that sounds to me like neither of the two defenses were clicking on all cylinders to let a collective 100+ points be scored in 48 minutes of football. If they couldn't stop Livingstons offenses how do they expect to "figure out their needs and adress it" to stop Vidor's. Something doesn't make since.

The teams that have given the Dogs their losses this season have been teams with lots of speed. Central, WO-S, and Livingston all had way more speed than the Dogs and that is where the defense has struggled. All 3 of those teams also have at least 2 lockdown corners that can man up on the WR's. Should be a good game Friday night and en electric atmosphere out in Vidor. I do, however, think the Dogs match up much better with their final two opponents than they do against ultra speedy teams.

This last post by "James Mosley" is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.  He implies that the Bulldogs are special because they figure out their needs and address them as the season goes on.  But recent history doesn't support this.  The Bulldogs lost their last two games in 2007 keeping them out of the playoffs and have lost the last two games they've played this season.  So how does this qualify for figuring out their needs and addressing them?       

Recent history,,,,you hit the panic button way too soon....Adapting and overcoming is what Nederland has done for well over 150 plus games under Neumann. Don't put the last 10 games and say Nederland is overated. Down, staggered, but not out by any means. The Bulldogs have had the name champion attached to their season for 10 plus years in a row, no not state champion, but co-district, by-district, etc.... I guess that is what MOST people see as a reason to always prep hard for Nederland, and that is why they have the respect they have....When you pull the performance of the last 8 eight games and draw a conclusion like you have you obviously have missed the true meaning of what Nederland IS.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124