Can any body beat Kirbyville?

the only team to even come close was jasper

The biggest danger is that they will feed into their own hype and defeat themselves...  I hope they don't, but I've  seen WO-S do just that more times than once (most recently 2 weeks ago)...  If they play like they have been playing so far I think they have a good chance to go all the way in 2A and I wish them the best!

The biggest danger is that they will feed into their own hype and defeat themselves...   I hope they don't, but I've  seen WO-S do just that more times than once (most recently 2 weeks ago)...  If they play like they have been playing so far I think they have a good chance to go all the way in 2A and I wish them the best!

WOS, this is a true quesiton, not a throw in WOS's face, is that what has happened the past couple years in playoffs? I honestly do not know, but those are some of the most talented teams that I have seen for 3A high school and would have expected them to go to and maybe even take state. And I know the competition gets tough the further you go, but I ask out of curiosity, wanted to know your thoughts on this.

The biggest danger is that they will feed into their own hype and defeat themselves...   I hope they don't, but I've  seen WO-S do just that more times than once (most recently 2 weeks ago)...  If they play like they have been playing so far I think they have a good chance to go all the way in 2A and I wish them the best!

WOS, this is a true quesiton, not a throw in WOS's face, is that what has happened the past couple years in playoffs? I honestly do not know, but those are some of the most talented teams that I have seen for 3A high school and would have expected them to go to and maybe even take state. And I know the competition gets tough the further you go, but I ask out of curiosity, wanted to know your thoughts on this.

Partially perhaps, but I think the biggest problem WOS has had the past 2 years was plain old bad luck.  In both 2006 and 2007 we had to face a top 5 ranked team in the early rounds of the playoffs (which essentially in both cases was the equivalent of a State Semifinal-quality game -- losing to Giddings in round 2 in 2006 and losing to La Vega in round 3 in 2007).  I feel that if we had made it past either of those games we would have had a very good shot of going to the State Finals both years and I also honestly think we would have had a shot against the actual D2 champs both years to win it all (Liberty Hill in '06 and Celina in '07)

Partially perhaps, but I think the biggest problem WOS has had the past 2 years was plain old bad luck.  In both 2006 and 2007 we had to face a top 5 ranked team in the early rounds of the playoffs (which essentially in both cases was the equivalent of a State Semifinal-quality game -- losing to Giddings in round 2 in 2006 and losing to La Vega in round 3 in 2007).  I feel that if we had made it past either of those games we would have had a very good shot of going to the State Finals both years and I also honestly think we would have had a shot against the actual D2 champs both years to win it all (Liberty Hill in '06 and Celina in '07)

I see, yeah getting out of Region III is a task by itself.  But thanks for the clarity, I couldn't remember what had gone down those years, and good luck to WOS the rest of the way. Hopefully y'all get the last laugh this year if you meet with either of these teams again.

Horndog- the UT guy in your little video must be mad because Mack Brown pulled the starters in the 3rd quarter and he wanted to see a good game...cuz thats bout the only thing we can gripe bout right now HA!!

That's what you'll see a lot of when/if the team from the north 40 loses this year.

well i think kville is gettin way to sure of themselfs.. and they have all the right to but tht can put them in a bind when they come to play them eagles... both teams are good and it will be a great game.. cant wait to see what happens..but im sure there are plenty of teams out there that could beat kville jus wait till playoffs not as easy as it seems... to bad they want get to play marlin or tatum

Yep, Newton can.

The best answer given on this thread so far. I agree with my co-host on this one, Newton can in Week 10 before the playoffs even start.

I AM A MUSTANG FAN, B/C THAT 'S WHERE MY LITTLE BROTHER PLAYS, BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO WEEK 10 TO SEE THIS BIG GAME BETWEEN K-VILLE AND NEWTON. I WILL BE THERE IN PERSON, AND IMO NEWTON WILL COME OUT VICTORIOUS.

well i think kville is gettin way to sure of themselfs.. and they have all the right to but tht can put them in a bind when they come to play them eagles... both teams are good and it will be a great game.. cant wait to see what happens..but im sure there are plenty of teams out there that could beat kville jus wait till playoffs not as easy as it seems... to bad they want get to play marlin or tatum

In a sense, the first part of your reply is right...some Kville fans are getting a little sure of themselves...as for the teams itself that isn't the case!  After watching all but 2 of their games that is far from the truth!  They come into every game with a purpose and drive that I haven't seen from a Kville teams in quite some time!  I honestly don't think they have let their current success to their heads.  Myself along with many people who support this team have high hopes for this season!  As long as they continue the way they have been I think they will be fine.  We all know that this district isn't the toughest, and it will come down to week 10 to decide the district championship.  I just hope that both teams stay healthy leading up to the game!

Guest rykerx144

this may seem crazy to some but my prediction is if Kville beats Newton then they will lose to Corrigan Camden in first round. If they lose to Newton then they win state. 

this may seem crazy to some but my prediction is if Kville beats Newton then they will lose to Corrigan Camden in first round. If they lose to Newton then they win state. 

In other words you think it will take a lose to Newton to get them on track? ???  If they aren't already!

we will most likely have to play arp which already beat tatum this year..

I have been told that Tatum is down this year (By down I mean not as salty as they have been...Still better than most teams in the area tho.)  My father is a coach in that area.  They are in Arp's district.  From what he has told me, Arp will be a real tough game.  Lots of athleticism over the years.  I remember playing them when I was in school.  West Rusk is also doing well in that district.  Seem to be on track to make the playoffs for the first time since 98 I believe.  They will battle it out with Arp for the dist championship.

Guest rykerx144

In other words you think it will take a lose to Newton to get them on track? ???  If they aren't already!

yes, I'm just saying "if" they are getting over confident then this would obviously cause them to get focused again.  Although I don't believe the hype that they are getting overconfident.  The reason i believe this is because they have so much depth at key positions there is a constant battle to prove themselves for that postion and this alone could keep them competitive practise and game days even though the score has been 60 to nothing. Does this make sense to anyone else?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder