Spurger Guys Basketball Schedule

Pate sheffield was a pure defender there top four scorers were JT Sheffield, Philip Whittaker, Blankenship, and the youngest whittaker. they will need help on the defensive end but they will score the ball without a problem. they will still miss philips presence, but dont underestimate them without philip.

This is exactly what my post said.The top 2 scorers were Phillip and JT while Pate was very good on the defensive end.George may develop into the best of the Whittacre boys but it will take a little time and Blankenship has a ton of potential.The thing Spurger will miss will be the senior leadership that you only get from playing.When the shots weren't falling last year from the arc they could depend on Phillip to steady the ship.I really believe they will have a good club this year,I just think the folks in the stands need to realize they are gonna be young and will have some bumps.While the new young coach will do a good job you have to respect what Stappert did.He took the Pirates to one game of the state tournament and that will be hard to duplicate.

Well when you have seven years of good quality players and only make it to the playoffs once. That isn't doing alot in my point of view. True spurger did go all the way to regional finals, getting there by beating broaddus, bremond, west sabine, and a very good cayuga team; and losing to the best team in the state Big sandy. The season last year had alot to do with a communtiy that wanted to be recognized, as something else than  rednecks, imbreeds, and where Spurger is and what Spurger was about.  They were their for the teams support and was very proud of the PIRATES. Everyone did there part the fans, the jv for playing extremly hard defense in practice, the freshmens, the sophmores, the junior, the seniors, and the dedication of the coaching staff. Not just stappert and the seniors. Go pirates, show the fans that your not down!! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder