PN-G @ VIDOR ** LIVE UPDATES/VIDOR WINS!!!

Guest KHS 89

I'm still wondering why PNG's punt returner touched that ball on the 5 yard line... And we showed what we can do if we hold onto the ball! Nice field goal by Travis :]]

He looked a little lost. Maybe he expected it to roll into the endzone. Regardless though he should have moved away from it.

Great game, Pirates! I knew we could beat the Indians if we got the turnovers under control. Hold onto the ball, run down the clock ... simple, but effective.

Good play guys. And game ball should go to Pitman. Shane was great out there tonight.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, Pirates, you deserved to win and I'll be rooting for you in your quest for the playoffs.  PNG, yet again, didn't show up tonight for the game.  Turnovers killed us, and WHY the punt returner tried to field the ball on the 5 yard line, who knows.  However, Vidor has a good team this year.  Stay focused and take it one game at a time....don't let the negatives that others say about you get you down...you have a good team, hang in there, and make 20-4A proud!

NDN, I think out of all the PNG fans I respect you the most... Thank you for that, and good luck to the Indians the rest of the way... Tatum showed his arm tonight, if only he had more time he would be deadly... And Wright was running all over us as well...

Tatum and Wright were both impressive. Looked as though PNG would max protect in the passing game leaving Tatum not many options and no screen passes from PNG had me scratching my head they usually kill us with these on 3RD down.

CONGRATS PIRATES

Same too ya. We did not turn the ball over that much tonight and PNG did. That was the difference! :o

I'm still wondering why PNG's punt returner touched that ball on the 5 yard line... And we showed what we can do if we hold onto the ball! Nice field goal by Travis :]]

haha i was right in front of it

he got away with pickin it up like that once on the other end of the field, but didn't get away with it twice

Congrats, Pirates, you deserved to win and I'll be rooting for you in your quest for the playoffs.  PNG, yet again, didn't show up tonight for the game.  Turnovers killed us, and WHY the punt returner tried to field the ball on the 5 yard line, who knows.  However, Vidor has a good team this year.  Stay focused and take it one game at a time....don't let the negatives that others say about you get you down...you have a good team, hang in there, and make 20-4A proud!

thank you very much

great game to your boys

good luck the rest of the year

we got pirate seats in the stands if you want one :-)

Wow!  Let me just say... Congratulations to ther Vidor Pirates!!  You guys were the better team last night.  Once again, PN-G looked and played flat.

Best of luck to you guys for the rest of the season and I would really like to see you guys in the playoffs this year!!!

He looked a little lost. Maybe he expected it to roll into the endzone. Regardless though he should have moved away from it.

Great game, Pirates! I knew we could beat the Indians if we got the turnovers under control. Hold onto the ball, run down the clock ... simple, but effective.

Good play guys. And game ball should go to Pitman. Shane was great out there tonight.

Dang right, congrats to my buddy Shayne! About time he finds the endzone... And I think on his fumble he was already down?

First of all let me say congratulations to the pirates on their win last night.  You played a great game. 

That said I hate that after the game some of your fans took away from the win by their behavior.  Walking out of the stadium with my kids who were clearly decked out in our purple and white we had some high school age kids run up and start saying "who won the game?" I was okay with the high school kids doing it, but when adults are screaming at you from their car it's ridiculous.  Not sure if this "who won the game" question is a new fad, but it takes a hard fought good win for the Pirates and turns it into an example of really poor sportsmanship.  I know this is not indicitive of all Pirate fans, but come on adults yelling at an eleven year old out of a car?  Come on Pirate fans honor your team by showing the area you can win and still be good sports about it.

On a side note, I absolutely loved the Vidor mom Thursday night who was yelling cheers walking out of Pirate Stadium after their freshman team had lost.  Her pride in those boys was so evident and from one football mom to another I thought it was great.

we came out playin just as i expected playing in the 1sr half.vidor knew what they had to do to win and thats just  what they did.the o-line got their blocks and the running backs got to the endzone.travis did a great job kicking the feild goals.and the defens did a tramendous job gettin the ball back to their offense.good job to both teams last night.we better play like this the rest of the season u got some tuff games ahead of yall.good luck to bothe teams.

Dang right, congrats to my buddy Shayne! About time he finds the endzone... And I think on his fumble he was already down?

i was down there on that end, and it did look like his knee was down before the ball came out, but it was close

First of all let me say congratulations to the pirates on their win last night.  You played a great game. 

That said I hate that after the game some of your fans took away from the win by their behavior.  Walking out of the stadium with my kids who were clearly decked out in our purple and white we had some high school age kids run up and start saying "who won the game?" I was okay with the high school kids doing it, but when adults are screaming at you from their car it's ridiculous.  Not sure if this "who won the game" question is a new fad, but it takes a hard fought good win for the Pirates and turns it into an example of really poor sportsmanship.  I know this is not indicitive of all Pirate fans, but come on adults yelling at an eleven year old out of a car?  Come on Pirate fans honor your team by showing the area you can win and still be good sports about it.

On a side note, I absolutely loved the Vidor mom Thursday night who was yelling cheers walking out of Pirate Stadium after their freshman team had lost.  Her pride in those boys was so evident and from one football mom to another I thought it was great.

i'm sorry for the rude and disrespectful way those kids acted...

and the parents should be ashamed for themselves, what ever happend to setting a good example...

i personally told every png fan near me good game, because it was a close 1 to the very end...

once again sorry for the behavior of those idiot fans

you know what they say about village idiots... everyone's got a few of em

and the parents should be ashamed for themselves, what ever happend to setting a good example...

i personally told every png fan near me good game, because it was a close 1 to the very end...

I wasn't one of the ones talking smack after the game, but why call exuberent fans village idiots, vidor pirate? You don't have to coddle to them.

God knows if PN-G had won we'd of had to hear their smack talk all week at our jobs from all our PN-G co-workers like they do EVERYTIME that they win. E-V-E-R-Y-T-I-M-E.

But I guess that is okay, right?  ::)

There is an old saying that goes: "You can dish it out but you ..." well, you know the rest. ;D

I wasn't one of the ones talking smack after the game, but why call exuberent fans village idiots, vidor pirate? You don't have to coddle to them.

God knows if PN-G had won we'd of had to hear their smack talk all week at our jobs from all our PN-G co-workers like they do EVERYTIME that they win. E-V-E-R-Y-T-I-M-E.

There is an old saying that goes: "You can dish it out but you ..." well, you know the rest. ;D

it's called respect and good sportsmanship rusted...

even if they do that

we should show that we are better than that and congradulate them on a great game

(i feel like buddha now lmao)

even if they do that

we should show that we are better than that and congradulate them on a great game

Oh, I hear you. We should be the bigger man and all. But I guess against PN-G, well, some people couldn't help themselves, probably the same ones that have to endure the week after torture after every PN-G win at their jobs.

I'm friends with a guy whose kids went to WO-S back when they were in 4A. He was from England and didn't care much for football, as he always said that football players were sissys for having to wear pads and that rugby was a real man's sport. Anyway, we were talking one time and he told me "I couldn't care less if WO-S lost every football game just as long as they beat PN-G. I hate having to listen to their fans."

So, it isn't just our fans. I'd venture that it is the fans of every other team out there. Maybe they should practice what they preach whenever they win.  ;)

even if they do that

Oh, I hear you. We should be the bigger man and all. But I guess against PN-G, well, some people couldn't help themselves, probably the same ones that have to endure the week after torture after every PN-G win at their jobs.

I'm friends with a guy whose kids went to WO-S back when they were in 4A. He was from England and didn't care much for football, as he always said that football players were sissys for having to wear pads and that rugby was a real man's sport. Anyway, we were talking one time and he told me "I couldn't care less if WO-S lost every football game just as long as they beat PN-G. I hate having to listen to their fans."

So, it isn't just our fans. I'd venture that it is the fans of every other team out there. Maybe they should practice what they preach whenever they win.  ;)

right, but we should as well  ;D

"Smack" talk is what goes with the territory in high school football.  I agree, some "older" fans get carried away and its ridiculous.  We have to remember that honestly, the only ones that are really allowed to talk smack are the young men that dress out every Friday night and play their hearts out on a 100 yard field.  However, I feel your pain and understand and sympathize.  We can't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch in this case.  Right after the game, Friday, I was on here posting congrats to Vidor for a game they deserved to win.  Actually, I'm very proud for you guys, you have been the "brunt" of jokes for way too long and I hope you make it to the playoffs, an honor you deserve.  Take care and the best of luck to the Pirates this year!

"Smack" talk is what goes with the territory in high school football.  I agree, some "older" fans get carried away and its ridiculous.  We have to remember that honestly, the only ones that are really allowed to talk smack are the young men that dress out every Friday night and play their hearts out on a 100 yard field.  However, I feel your pain and understand and sympathize.  We can't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch in this case.  Right after the game, Friday, I was on here posting congrats to Vidor for a game they deserved to win.  Actually, I'm very proud for you guys, you have been the "brunt" of jokes for way too long and I hope you make it to the playoffs, an honor you deserve.  Take care and the best of luck to the Pirates this year!

good post

thanks

same thing

good luck to u and ur ndn's on the rest of the season

good post

thanks

same thing

good luck to u and ur ndn's on the rest of the season

Thank you, I meant every word.

even if they do that

right, but we should as well  ;D

I agree. I'm just saying I can understand why some of them were doing it.

The only place I talk any sort of smack, and I don't think it is much, is on these message boards. I'm not gonna get in anyone's face after a high school game.

Now an NFL game? Heck yeah I do.  ;D

I dont understand why people would sit there and mouth to fans after the game. Really disrespectful and you might not like the fan base but you dont sit there and taught them afterwards. not saying rusted or vp or anyone else on here did it but defending the people who did is wrong to me. I wasnt brought up that way.

I'm pretty sure all of us have seen mutiple HS games between multiple HS in this area....The fans are what everyone throughout the state talks about, being that the support of the community is what every high school player would love to see on friday night...

The sad part is people get out of hand about a dang friday night football game that "kids" are playing....Go out support em, yell, scream, and jump up and down, but when the horn goes off you can either slap hands with your team as they win or go home with your tail between your legs.....

Some people look like fools....I guess it just gives me a reason to laugh walking out of the stadium!!!

Good natured ribbing at work about Friday night results is what makes this area so special when it comes to football support. PNG fans at my place of business are no different than Vidor fans or Nederland fans or Ozen fans. When they win they do the same to us and we laugh and defend our boys.

But I have never seen a PNG fan taunting an eleven year old fan or any other fan of the opposing team as they left the Reservation. I know I have had many a good conversation as we walked to the car after the game with opposing fans and they always end with a well wishing to them on a safe trip home and successful rest of their season wether we won or lost. If I saw a PNG fan taunting after the game I would have to interject that we don't tolerate that.

First of all let me say congratulations to the pirates on their win last night. You played a great game.

That said I hate that after the game some of your fans took away from the win by their behavior. Walking out of the stadium with my kids who were clearly decked out in our purple and white we had some high school age kids run up and start saying "who won the game?" I was okay with the high school kids doing it, but when adults are screaming at you from their car it's ridiculous. Not sure if this "who won the game" question is a new fad, but it takes a hard fought good win for the Pirates and turns it into an example of really poor sportsmanship. I know this is not indicitive of all Pirate fans, but come on adults yelling at an eleven year old out of a car? Come on Pirate fans honor your team by showing the area you can win and still be good sports about it.

On a side note, I absolutely loved the Vidor mom Thursday night who was yelling cheers walking out of Pirate Stadium after their freshman team had lost. Her pride in those boys was so evident and from one football mom to another I thought it was great.

But I guess that is okay, right? ::)

even if they do that

So, it isn't just our fans. I'd venture that it is the fans of every other team out there. Maybe they should practice what they preach whenever they win. ;)

right, but we should as well ;D

I agree. I'm just saying I can understand why some of them were doing it.

The only place I talk any sort of smack, and I don't think it is much, is on these message boards. I'm not gonna get in anyone's face after a high school game.

Now an NFL game? Heck yeah I do. ;D

ohh yea man

i love cowboy bashing

also, i love laughing at the oklahoma fans because they cant touch UT!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder