*Silsbee vs. Kelly/Silsbee Wins In OT/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Like I said on another post , special teams and turnovers. Silsbee QB Johnson is fast and Quick, really a one man team !  He was all they said he was. Like trying to catch water ! Think I saw a Rice Recruiter there looking at Skinner, Boy was man handled all night by Kelly's Tackle, # 50, maybe made 2, at most 3 whoa plays. No sacks , one tackle for loss. 

Yes, Kelly did a good job on Skinner. # 50 was the one lined up opposite to him, but he was not the only one blocking him. It seamed Kelly game planned blocking skims for him and it worked most of the time. I saw several times Skinner in the backfield with two sometimes three guys on him. This will be Skinners whole year, getting extra attention from opponents. Now, how he overcomes this well just have to see. Go Tigers!!!

Yes, Kelly did a good job on Skinner. # 50 was the one lined up opposite to him, but he was not the only one blocking him. It seamed Kelly game planned blocking skims for him and it worked most of the time. I saw several times Skinner in the backfield with two sometimes three guys on him. This will be Skinners whole year, getting extra attention from opponents. Now, how he overcomes this well just have to see. Go Tigers!!!

Well Im not really sure what game you were watching but #50(Meighen) was going 1 on 1 with skinner all game long until the end of the 4th quarter when skinner decided not to come to his side for the rest of the game. Also Im not really sure when skinner got to the backfield but I know he didnt have more than one guy on him.  Do you know how stupid that sounds to TRIPLE team a defensive end.

Well Im not really sure what game you were watching but #50(Meighen) was going 1 on 1 with skinner all game long until the end of the 4th quarter when skinner decided not to come to his side for the rest of the game. Also Im not really sure when skinner got to the backfield but I know he didnt have more than one guy on him.  Do you know how stupid that sounds to TRIPLE team a defensive end.

Obviously not the game you where watching, I was on the 47 yard line about 20 rows up, not on cloud nine where you obviously where if you could not see that. And its not to stupid to TRIPLE team a defensive end every now and then. Hey, am not taking anything away from this game or what any player did.  In my last post I said "sometimes" he was tripled teamed, not all the time. # 50 did a good job, but there was help. You sound like it was one on one all game long. I'll tell you what, I'll watch the film on the game again, just to make sure. I love watching a good football game.

Obviously not the game you where watching, I was on the 47 yard line about 20 rows up, not on cloud nine where you obviously where if you could not see that. And its not to stupid to TRIPLE team a defensive end every now and then. Hey, am not taking anything away from this game or what any player did.  In my last post I said "sometimes" he was tripled teamed, not all the time. # 50 did a good job, but there was help. You sound like it was one on one all game long. I'll tell you what, I'll watch the film on the game again, just to make sure. I love watching a good football game.

Cloud nine?? How about on the offensive line. We dont have a single play where we triple team a player on the defensive line. We harldy have any plays where the strongside tackle #50(meighan) has any help at all with a defensive end.

Guest football03

Is it true that kelly has 2 freshmen starting on defense? I wasnt at the game on friday but someone told me that they had a linebacker #75 and a saftey #15 who were both freshman. If so, how did they do

WOW! I sure don't remember 217 yards passing. I remember the 55 yard TD and the tipped pass for a TD, but don't remember much past that. I thought he might have more rushing yards than that.

Johnson's 3 td passes were for 80, 54, and 29 yards. That's 163 yards in those three completions. His other 8 completions covered 54 yards, avg. about 7 yards a completion on those. His first pass of the game was a 75 yard touchdown pass that was called back for a block in the back penalty. It was a spot foul, so the net gain on that play was about 22 yards.

I knew Jeremy had to be  getting close to 200 yards rushing when every time he rushed the ball in the second half he was getting about 10-15 yards.

STiger85 and BWW, you guys can settle this argument by watching the game on Wed. night, 7pm on Time Warner channel 18. Watch and DVR it, then you can see who did what.

It was a great game.  It's a shame it had to end on a contraversal call.  Kelly's Pruitt threw a pass that was completed for a first down in Ot.  Late flag, Ref's huddle, say Pruitt was over the line when he threw the pass.  Understand game film shows that he was not over the line.  Must add the Sisbee QB was terrific, one of the best I have seen.

It was a great game.  It's a shame it had to end on a contraversal call.  Kelly's Pruitt threw a pass that was completed for a first down in Ot.  Late flag, Ref's huddle, say Pruitt was over the line when he threw the pass.  Understand game film shows that he was not over the line.  Must add the Sisbee QB was terrific, one of the best I have seen.

Again, we can all watch for ourselves Wed. night and make that determination. I will say that having broadcast the game myself, I was privy to the replay monitor in our booth, it was the right call, Prewitt did cross the line before he passed, very close though. Also, where the ref spotted the catch, it actually ended up being a yard short of the first down marker, so the penalty really didn't matter. Everyone in the pressbox wondered why they were even discussing the penalty.

Guest Silsbee88

Again, we can all watch for ourselves Wed. night and make that determination. I will say that having broadcast the game myself, I was privy to the replay monitor in our booth, it was the right call, Prewitt did cross the line before he passed, very close though. Also, where the ref spotted the catch, it actually ended up being a yard short of the first down marker, so the penalty really didn't matter. Everyone in the pressbox wondered why they were even discussing the penalty.

I could not understand why the ref's were discussing the penalty either, it was apparent from where I sat that the 4th down completion was short of the first down.  This ended the game not the penalty.  Johnson is a very good athletic QB, as well as several other key players.  Imagine what the stats would look like with some blocking!  He was pressured ALL NIGHT LONG!!!  Far too many Bulldogs in the backfield. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476