S Texas Bowhunting

Lefty99

I understand that!  My uncle is a police officer in Pasadena and I could not believe that he actually getting off this weekend.  Were supposed to go 2 weeks ago to make final preps. but Ike took care of that.  Guess that it worked out just right for us.  Good luck on the Nov. hunt!

Axis meat is great!  The deer in Del Rio were not moving very well over the weekend.  Just too much difference in the temps.  Stayed busy during the night.  Everything is unusually green right now!  Not hitting the corn that hard, but in a short time they will be fighting for it!  Shot at about a 3 1/2 yr old 3 pt. thinking one of the feeder legs was behind him.  One shattered arrow and ruined Rage later it wasn't!  Had a HUGE Axis 3x3 come in but the landowner doesn't want them to be shot right now!  Why I have no idea?  Just now starting to move into the lease.  $1000 if you you shot a buck!  Thought about it really hard but opted not to do it.  Had the camera with me but didn't get a pic.  The biggest Axis I've ever seen though.  A true monster.  All in all, it was good to get away from the hustle and bustle of Ike recovery for a few days.

Just got back from S. Texas last night.  We had to do a great deal of mowing.  The rain from Dolly has made the vegetation really grow and get green down there.  Saw millions of dove, coyotes, a fox, and healthy deer.  Expecting a banner season.  Take care

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder