#13 Lufkin (5A) vs #2 Longview (4A)/LOBOS WIN in triple OT!!!*45-37*

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

payback from last year. I hope they hang 50 on LV  :D

So sorry to disappoint.  :D;)

Yeah I hear ya about sorry to disappoint.  I was talking to my dad who was at the game throughout the last overtime.  I bet the stands went crazy.  I have missed the last 2 meetings between Longview and Lufkin.  And Longview has won both, so I guess from now on I have to stay away from that game so they keep the streak alive.  Oh and Lake Travis beat Evangel 46-31.  Longview beat evangel what should have been 52-0 but Evangel scored 21 on our 2nd and 3rd strings.  Evangel and Lake Travis run similar offenses so I would be curious to see how the Lobos fared late in the playoffs against Lake Travis. 

the way LV ran the football i think they might can beat LT

Not only how they ran the ball, but there are on a totally different level of athleticism as well as being able to guard against the pass.  This QB from LT is a haas.  I have watched him play a few times.  As big and fast as Longview's defensive line is, they could not give him so much time to throw the ball.  Gilbert has all the time he needs to throw the ball usually.  If you take that kids ability to throw the ball out of the occasion, then LT turns into a mediocre team.  I sure hope to see this matchup in December.  Fingers are crossed

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder