Longview vs Barbers Hill CANCELLED!!!!

lobo1982

I Love Barbers Hill football. I live for the 10 or 11 or 12 weeks the guys play football. Because I like the kids in this program I am going to pray for a Hurricane so the game will be canceled. Not trying to hurt any feelings but we are not ready. You have to play the best to get better but this team is not at that point. :-\

I Love Barbers Hill football. I live for the 10 or 11 or 12 weeks the guys play football. Because I like the kids in this program I am going to pray for a Hurricane so the game will be canceled. Not trying to hurt any feelings but we are not ready. You have to play the best to get better but this team is not at that point. :-\

I'm with ya, but pray for the bus to break down or something besides a hurricane.  That affects more than the football game  ;)

The Longview fans are being nice. Longview played a tough, state ranked 5A Allen and held them to 3 touchdowns. They shutout 5A Tyler Lee. Longview's defense will be way too much for BH. My prediction is 42-14 only because Coach King's MO is to pull the starters at the half when they are up big. BH will be able to score but only on the 2nd/3rd string D. How do I know this about Longview??? I am married to a diehard LOBO fan. We make at least 2 or 3 games a year and he's on the phone with his father who's at the games while we are at Dayton's games. We were at the Bryan Adams game 2 yrs. ago where the starters came back from halftime in sweats... :o I hope Ike goes away, but because of this game we have a room in Nacogdoches either way.

The Longview fans are being nice. Longview played a tough, state ranked 5A Allen and held them to 3 touchdowns. They shutout 5A Tyler Lee. Longview's defense will be way too much for BH. My prediction is 42-14 only because Coach King's MO is to pull the starters at the half when they are up big. BH will be able to score but only on the 2nd/3rd string D. How do I know this about Longview??? I am married to a diehard LOBO fan. We make at least 2 or 3 games a year and he's on the phone with his father who's at the games while we are at Dayton's games. We were at the Bryan Adams game 2 yrs. ago where the starters came back from halftime in sweats... :o I hope Ike goes away, but because of this game we have a room in Nacogdoches either way.

:o :o :o How much were they up by?

I am the husband mentioned above!  I believe the score was 63-0 at halftime. It was a first round playoff game versus 5A Dallas Bryan Adams.  After halftime, Coach King pulled the starters and had them in sweats on the sidelines. 

48-0.

Final score ended up being 68-0. Starters were pulled at the end of the first quarter or at the beginning of the second quarter. No reason for 4 teams to be going into the playoffs for that very reason. (Didn't agree with them coming in sweats but the dressing room was quite small and we brought almost our entire JV team as well as the varsity)

That BA team couldn't compete with a 3A team that season. How they made the playoffs, I will never know.

As far as this game, good luck to the BH fans. Stay safe first of all. Second, our defense is the best I have ever seen it so far. They completely shut down the Allen offense for 3 quarters (3rd quarter they scored 14, first TD was a punt return). And last week, they completed shut down a "improved" Tyler Lee offense (which I don't believe is improved but o well).

Offense has a lot of stuff to work on. Either way, it's a learning experience for both teams. Expecting a lot of passes from the Lobo offense this week.

Longview 1st String 49 points (2 quarters + 1 possession)

Longview 2nd string 14 points (3rd quarter)

Longview 3rd string ( 0 points ) after being instructed to run the ball only between the tackles

Total

Longview 63

Barbers Hill - lucky to cross the 50 yard line in the first half, 1 td in 4th quarter on 4th string Longview defense

Final score

Longview 63 Barbers Hill 7

I hope the boys from BH are not reading the way that the fans have already thrown in the towel before they even get on the bus! If we can not stay positive and let the game be played before we give our predictions of the score then we are nothing but a bunch of losers our self. Many wars have been fought before us and I don't believe their mommies and daddies said they would lose until the fight was over. The fans of BH need to be positive throughout the year regardless of the out come, don't jump on the wagon only when they are winning but help push that wagon to VICTORY! Coach Pete!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder