*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all coming from text that I am getting.  I'm adding them as I get them.

Bridgefield

09130808411gd2.jpg

Jack in the Box in BC

0913080959mv6.jpg

Factory Outlet

0913081005agl7.jpeg

This was yesterday before it hit.

media1tl5.jpeg

Cow Bayou Bridge.  The one going to Orange (the little one) is completely under water.

bigbcbridge2941924qg9.jpg

BC Skating Rink (the blue building, taken from a 2 story building)

skatingrink5163880eb1.jpg

bridgecitybridgefield55xv4.jpg

Market Basket in BC

lae2e37781bfb91d842aa8eih0.jpg

Bessie Heights

l06612c48c91e2a2c7bb850mh2.jpg

Hopper Lumber in BC

hopperlumber4304803hz1.jpg

Corner of 62 and 87

l21521e3cab375bd5a44127ko8.jpg

Ford Dealership - 16th Street

l58acb1d75ee9f9a95f151apq9.jpg

Texas Avenue

wow11509231qs7.jpg

Another Texas Avenue

lfddfa31dd399094255e77awz3.jpg

This is what I have heard and have seen pictures to verify, just don't know how to post them. 

Around South St., water is up to the rooves.

McArthur is whitecapping.

On Irving St and WOS High school area, there is approximately has 3-4" of water. 

Also, 6th St area, the water is to the rooves.

Still don't know about WO Police Station or Fire Station.

This is the hidden content, please

From entergy...

• Hurricane Ike made landfall at Galveston, Texas, early this morning. Entergy Texas, Inc. reports 99 percent of its 395,000 customers are without power, the most in its history.

• Major damage and extensive power outages have occurred to Entergy facilities in the Entergy Texas, Inc. service territory. The damage is more extensive than that caused by Hurricane Rita. Restoration for Hurricane Ike will take longer than the three weeks needed to repair the damage caused by Hurricane Rita.

From what I heard from someone who lives by WO-S HS and went to check, the goal posts are bent and we lost some fencing, but no water in the building. I am checking this info out again.

Gasilla drove by WO-S earlier and said it looked like no water in the building.  He did say the goal posts were bent some and fencing mangled on the visitors stands.  Sounds like a lot of water in the neighborhoods around there though.

Now I am getting conflicting reports from West Orange.  I've heard water in the yards but not in the houses around Houston St in WO.  Not sure what to believe.  News stations are doing a good job, it's just frustrating because it would be nice just to see what has actually happened. I'm sure everyone feels the same.  Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.---my new motto

how did kirbyville do with the twister that hit?

I have been wondering how K-ville faired.  I'm in Carthage and it is starting to get pretty bad up here.  Tops of trees r snapping but still have pwr.  I heard that parts of K-ville still have pwr.  Have family that lives there and I am headed back down tomorrow to check.

Has anyone heard how bad the flooding was/is just on the north side if the Intracoastal Waterway Bridge on 87.  My plant is right there at the base of the bridge next the water!  I have a feeling I already know how it was but just want some confirmation if I can get it.  Any help would be appreciated!!!  PM me if you have any info

Take care and be careful everyone!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33