*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Enterprise:

Beaumont conditions worsen, but at least one person is running around town - naked

By BLAIR DEDRICK ORTMANN

September, 13, 2008

While power surges have started to affect the downtown Beaumont area, a streaker was reportedly seen running around town through the storm.

Some areas of Beaumont have lost power entirely.

A huge clap of thunder sounded, making the power blink off for a second.

If anything happens I will give yall updates. I am at an EOC so I get up to the minutes update. Im not trying to scare anyone, but we are going to get this for atleast 4 more hours and the surge is coming. Sustained winds at 78 mph at Sabine pass gusts to 87. We are getting pelted at downtown Orange. Making landfall at Galveston as we speak. We are about to get a VERY nasty band in about 15 min. I will keep yall updated. By the way, BC has waist deep water on 87.

From the Enterprise:

Beaumont conditions worsen, but at least one person is running around town - naked

By BLAIR DEDRICK ORTMANN

September, 13, 2008

While power surges have started to affect the downtown Beaumont area, a streaker was reportedly seen running around town through the storm.

Some areas of Beaumont have lost power entirely.

A huge clap of thunder sounded, making the power blink off for a second.

lol  sick  :D

Homer, the school was fine at around 6:00pm. That's not to say it still is. We are getting hammered in Orange right now. These gusts have to be 80-85mph if not more. They seem to be happening less frequently now, but it was scary 30 minutes ago. We are getting pelted with rain as well, but no sign of any water/surge.

Gas, definitely if you don't mind.  With all the pine trees down in Rita, our road was impassible, but I doubt this one will be as bad with trees down.  As of 3 A.M. I still have power (called the answering machine) but I expect it to be out soon!!  Shocked it has stayed on this long!!  Thanks and stay safe down there!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder