*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mid county area, i live by c.o. wilson just got a report that my house is ok, no shingles missing, fence still up, carport, patio, whirlybirds all ok. no flooding except real low areas that normally flood. no major power poles down, lots of broken limbs. people are driving around checking friends houses so its nothing like rita.  i hope this info helps bulldogs feel better while they are off from their homes. port arthur seawall held, bridge city and east of the river such as orange etc flooded. no power anywhere.stay calm all will be well.

Entergy Reports Catastrophic Damage: "Much Worse Than Rita"

Comments 0 | Recommend 0

September 13, 2008 - 8:47AM

Scott Lawrence

Entergy Texas is reporting catastrophic damage to its system in Texas, with nearly all of its 395,000 customers in Texas without power and a spokesman telling customers not to come home because it could take weeks to restore power following a storm that he describes as "worse than Rita" because of its impact on the electric grid.

Entergy Texas spokesman Mike Rogers tells KFDM News 96 percent of the company's 395,000 customers in Texas are without power. 

15,000 customers still have power, primarily in Navasota.

"Restoration is weeks away," said Rogers.  "Do not come home. You will not have power for weeks."

Rogers says the company has sustained significant damage to its transmission system, with 119 of 187 transmission lines out, and two power plants off line.  The Sabine Power plant was taken off line Friday and a plant in Montgomery County tripped off line Friday night.

"We'll begin assessments when the storm passes, but we can't do so until the wind dies down," said Rogers.

According to my dad, the Oak Creek VIllage/International area looks great considering - no major damage, water or even limbs down. He also said his house, which is in Waterwood, is ok, but that the streets are impassable and that the water in the inlets is up to the very top step in many yards. Most BC areas apparently are impassable/flooded.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges