*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kicker, since you have such a well known inside source enlighten everyone... Heres my problem, they came on the six o clock news saying they had a plan and the resources to get the 211 people out and not five minutes ago on channel 6 they are saying the resources arent there and everyone is pretty much on their own! They knew at 6 they didnt have the resources nor a plan to take care of the special needs people or the elderly yet they assured us they did... what gives????  this has turned into a CLUSTER F***!!

I wanna know the genious (sp) who sent the freaking buses to south texas.  >:(

oh, this is just great, everytime i check out the weather channel they keep talking like this thing is going to hit galveston or more north. I sure hope that trough isnt speeding up.

All of the resources were shiped way down south if you havent noticed venom, we are always being overlooked by the state. if you want to go then go dammit. or run for office.  then u will truly see what stress is about

geez kicker, you sound like you are really stressed. Are you a public official?

Stress is part of the job, you either work well with it and accept it or you dont. Like I said, my deal is the foot dragging thats going on! Ive already said that I have rooms booked and damit i will leave, but what about the people who dont have the resources to do the same? Thats what the majority of us are saying.This shouldve been done yesterday,instead people who need direction and help are now left to fend for themselves and that is the sad part.

Scooter how is the weather in Alaska? ;D

the absolute worse summer. its raining AGAIN. no snow on the mountains, steady at 50-55 degrees. I swear global warming is real.

On another note, our local government sucks, really, this is very pitiful. You can leave for Gustav but you dont call for an evacuation for a storm thats continuously (sp) inching closer. pathetic.  >:(   man if a hurricane was coming our way in Anchorage we woulda been in Fairbanks 3-5 days prior

HEY!!!  I HAVE A GREAT IDEA!!!!  ;D

Let's all gather over at COOP's and cuss and discuss this!   ;)

I betcha COOP needs a strong adult refreshment....speaking of which I have a left over bottle of Crown from Gustav....and some cokes.   ;D ;D ;D

We can all bring what we are going to lose out of fridge's.  (unless you have the generator left from Rita)

And have one heck of a BBQ too!   :)

After it's all over we will be feeling pretty good, have our bellies full, and then we can ALL break out the chainsaws and help each other out like we have done before!

Southeast Texans pulling together like we always do!  By the way COOP....Kudo's and Thanks for ALL YOU DO!  And to everyone else.....Just Pray and whatever you decide....be safe, patient and remember your family.  God bless us and keep us safe!

I wanna know the genious (sp) who sent the freaking buses to south texas. 

....with the rest of the available funding!!! It's my understanding that there will be no evacuations provided by local governments either. Basically, we're on our own!!

If I remember after reading the state Government Code under Emergency Management, if an entity calls for a mandatory evacuation, then they must provide transportation out for those that need it.

The problem with buses is that it is not like the storm is now heading for us and no one else needs them. The rest of the Texas coast needs them also. They are still needed where they were sent also. Sure they could drive here by daylight. What do you tell the people that are waiting at the predicted landfall?

So what you said, we're on our own.... IMO.

They can call for an evacuation. To make it mandatory however might be out of the question if there is no transportation out. It doesn't matter who the elected officials are of this county. If the resources were sent elsewhere (as with Rita), there simply is no option.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83