Barbers Hill at Lumberton....GAME NOW SAT. 7PM

knightrider,i agree ,the raiders eliminate those 6 turnovers and we will be fine ;D ;D ;D ;D

lhs  36 :o :o :o :o :o

bh   14 ::) ::) ::) ::)

NOPE ;D This should be another close game.  Whats the chances of this being moved to BH if Gustav screws things up?

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I'm not making any predictions as far as scores go but I really do believe that Lumberton will pull this one out at home. I just think that our run game will be able to punish the BH defenders and control the clock. I'm not talking smack, I just truly believe that. I also think that our O-Line & D-Line will control the line of scrimmage. BH might be able to get a little passing game going but I think the seconday will be just good enough to help get the win with the help from the D-Line applying pressure. I would like the passing game to improve some this week as it would really make for a more balanced & dangerous team. I think it will get better over the next few weeks. I'm not saying this will be an easy win by any means...I think it will be a fairly close game and BH will be a tough opponent. I just think the D-Line getting pressure on Carmona will be the difference. Raiders...prove me right. If we have another turnover issue like the HF game we will not win against BH!

I'm not making any predictions as far as scores go but I really do believe that Lumberton will pull this one out at home. I just think that our run game will be able to punish the BH defenders and control the clock. I'm not talking smack, I just truly believe that. I also think that our O-Line & D-Line will control the line of scrimmage. BH might be able to get a little passing game going but I think the seconday will be just good enough to help get the win with the help from the D-Line applying pressure. I would like the passing game to improve some this week as it would really make for a more balanced & dangerous team. I think it will get better over the next few weeks. I'm not saying this will be an easy win by any means...I think it will be a fairly close game and BH will be a tough opponent. I just think the D-Line getting pressure on Carmona will be the difference. Raiders...prove me right. If we have another turnover issue like the HF game we will not win against BH!

Thats a fair observation. I too cannot make a prediction because I don't know squat about Lumberton football ;D If Lumberton plays the power run type of football then BH will be able to contain this pretty well as the defense usually bends but doesn not break against the run. If the Defense can apply pressure on Carmona then that very well could be the difference. With what little I know about Lumberton this is going to be a low scoring affair and the team that holds on to the ball will probably come away with the victory.

Lumberton is another team that has a great Fan base!! I watched you guys against Smiley and LaMarqe last year and you guys brought the HOUSE!! :o

Seriously, BMT?

Lumberton had 6 turnovers against HF and still won handily.  This site has the Train as the #2 ranked team in 20-4A, yet the majority of the people on the boards have picked them to lose both weeks to little, 3A teams.  I don't get it.

I'm hearing ya LB, but to clear things up, Barbers Hill is 4A. It's just most folks on here just can't bring themselves to give Lumberton any respect. As for the polls on this site go, it's not run by the fans but by us Administrators.

BTW, glad to see you over here. Hope you stay.

Here is my logic: I can completely understand people picking other opponents to win against us. We've only made the playoffs 1 year. Until we do it again this year, people are going to think that way and U can't blame them for that. We have to be consistent in winning and prove everyone wrong and that Lumberton can do it more than once. I'm just taking the wait & see approach with this year. I'm not making any predictions on scores for ANY game this year. I really don't know what this team really can accomplish right now as it is way too early to tell. I do know that we have more talent than people realize as I watch almost all of the practices and hear things. Some people point out that we lost too many good players from last year to make the playoffs this year. I do know that there are some young guys that have been stepping up lately that have already made an immediate impact. We have just as much talent in my opinion this year than we had last year. It is just a matter of playing together as a team and wanting it bad enough like last years team did. For some reason I think these boys will fly under the radar this year and surprise some people. As far as I'm concerned, this district is wide open and anything can happen. I honestly believe that Lumberton can beat any team in this district this year the way it stands right now. I'm sure most of the other teams fans feel the same way about their teams also.

BH FAN...a few questions about BH: Do they run or pass more or are they a balance type of offense? Do they run the spread? What about their D...how r they against the run. What about the O-Line...Do they protect well? Just curious...

Aggie, when did BH turn 4A?  I could of swore they were 3A.

I'll be around now that Coop & Barton's site it gone.  Gotta' get my SE Texas fill somehow.

They went 4A three years ago, stayed 4A after this realignment but they are the smallest school in their district. BH and Lumberton have just about the same enrollment size, just above 1000.

Glad you are over here. You have some great insight, only can enhance the boards.

I think this will be another good game.  BH is very young, still looking for a Rb, and working on their new defense.  I think BH will improve every week, and I think we are better than last years team...except for the running back position.  BH just needs to find their rhythm, and not get down on themselves early in the season.

I think Lumberton got a taste of success last year, and liked it, so they should be very tough this year. 

Did Lumberton graduate a lot of starters last year?

Should be another good match up.

I think this will be another good game.  BH is very young, still looking for a Rb, and working on their new defense.  I think BH will improve every week, and I think we are better than last years team...except for the running back position.  BH just needs to find their rhythm, and not get down on themselves early in the season.

I think Lumberton got a taste of success last year, and liked it, so they should be very tough this year. 

Did Lumberton graduate a lot of starters last year?

Should be another good match up.

Lumberton basicaly graduated their entire team, over 30 seniors where on that team. Just a couple of starters back but they are some good ones.

Guest tigersvoice

BH FAN...a few questions about BH: Do they throw more or pass more or are they a balance type of offense? Do they run the spread? What about their D...how r they against the run. What about the O-Line...Do they protect well? Just curious...

Just curious - is there a difference in throwing and passing?

BH FAN...a few questions about BH: Do they throw more or pass more or are they a balance type of offense? Do they run the spread? What about their D...how r they against the run. What about the O-Line...Do they protect well? Just curious...

Partner, I was curious of what the difference is too. Anxiously waiting that answer. ;)

Completions  ;D

BH always tries to run a ballanced attack and by end of year they usually accomplish this with the Run/Pass yards being a couple of hundred off. BH runs the spread offense and loves to run it up the gut. Against the run they fair well although they give up a good amount of yards they generally don't let teams bust off large runs (Bend but don't Break). I think the Offensive line protects well as long as there are no blitz packages!! I think with just one game under our belt BH will improve alot this week. I'm hoping for a win,but again it is too early to tell!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn