*WO-S vs. Nederland/WOS WINS 33-13/COMMENTS

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I was pretty immpressed with Ned's defense in the 1st half. They could have tackled a little better but that was the only negative thing of the 1st half. The 2nd half they just looked drained. The offense has to move the ball better. Even still if Ned comes through with those two key plays...long Ned long run (called back by penalty) and #5 catches that wide open td pass the score is only 33-28. I look to for the bulldogs to improve by the time district starts and they'll be healthy. I give credit to WOS though. They have a very talented running back and a very solid team. I look for them to go deep into the play-offs. Good Luck the rest of the season.

Are we wasting Grogan's talent at RB?  Why play your best defensive player exclusively on offense and only give him the ball 8 times?  Nederland is not going to run the ball anyways with the spread, so why not let the kid make a difference on the defensive side where they need the most help.

Hey WOS fans congrats on the win, we'll get ya next year, how did you like our scoreboard ?

Man, that thing is nice! I caught myself a few times thinking, "Man, I wish I could see that again". Then I realized, I could! It's also good to see with regards to the refs calls. Everyone around me sure thought we had Bellows for a safety in the 3rd qtr. But on the replay, you could see his progress got him just outside of the endzone.

Good example of a play needed for replay, Gas.  I think they showed the replays way too soon after the play, though.  I would forget to look up there immediately after the play so I could see it again.

Awesome scoreboard, though, Ned!  Good job on getting it!!!!!

RIGHT. NOW WHAT ABOUT TURF? :-X

WOS needs to find a kicker before the playoffs

He misses one, the first one and you're already done with him. This was his first kick in a game. Give him a chance. He went on to do a great job. Let's have some patience.

Just left the game... The score does not EVEN BEGIN to describe the beatdown we were taking when I left... WOS is totally dominating the game. They look very sharp. I am very frustrated by the spread. We have a big rb who barely touches the ball.  Our D really held its own.  The big play is what is killing us.  Our offense was horrible. If not for one blown coverage by wos we would not even be on the scoreboard.  Oh well, maybe wos is just THAT GOOD.

Remember Vidor played them to a 14 - 14 Tie last week!

vidor will kill nederland.. they are actually good this year.

Get over it... it was a scrimmage.  WOS would destroy vidor in the real world.  I can't wait for district.  By no means do I believe Nederland will dominate. But we will beat vidor solidly

Just left the game... The score does not EVEN BEGIN to describe the beatdown we were taking when I left... WOS is totally dominating the game. They look very sharp. I am very frustrated by the spread. We have a big rb who barely touches the ball.  Our D really held its own.  The big play is what is killing us.  Our offense was horrible. If not for one blown coverage by wos we would not even be on the scoreboard.  Oh well, maybe wos is just THAT GOOD.

Remember Vidor played them to a 14 - 14 Tie last week!

vidor will kill nederland.. they are actually good this year.

Get over it... it was a scrimmage.  WOS would destroy vidor in the real world.  I can't wait for district.  By no means do I believe Nederland will dominate. But we will beat vidor solidly

Isn't there supposed to be a televised replay of this game? I sure would love to see Garrett go at it again!

I thought Nederland contained the Mustangs pretty well the 1st half. The Stangs like to throw the hail Mary on 3rd and long, it didn't work much but they are very seldom in 3rd and long.

I've seen alot of discussion about WOS playcalling, it was pretty good last night of what I seen. Big play was 3rd and about 12 near the Dogs 30 and a nice pass over the middle that was caught for a 1st down where only the receiver could have caught it. Also, goal line, QB went under center, couple of plays and TD.

Maybe the spread will come around for the Dogs, hope it's not too late.

Admin, that was the straw that broke the camels  back.  Third and long, game in could've swung there,  but WOS QB made a great throw, that's what impressed me.  WOS as I've watched them in the past has not thrown that effectively.  They made the plays that put Nederland away.

PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Quintavious Garrett, West Orange-Stark

Garrett's 316-yard outburst in West Orange-Stark's 33-13 win over Nederland set a school rushing record. In addition to his touchdown scampers of 36, 29, 12 and 46 yards, the 5-foot-7, 185-pound senior also had non-scoring runs of 34, 10, 22, 51 and 16 yards. He had 25 yards in the first quarter, 105 in the second, 108 in the third and 78 in the fourth. Not shabby for a first-time starter, huh?

He misses one, the first one and you're already done with him. This was his first kick in a game. Give him a chance. He went on to do a great job. Let's have some patience.

yeah. see the wos kicking game thread.

...and even that one was a messed up hold, so it wasn't even his fault. This kid will be a good kicker. td and I watched this kid at practice pumping them thru the uprights over and over from 40, so just give him time and he'll bring that to the real games.

...and even that one was a messed up hold, so it wasn't even his fault. This kid will be a good kicker. td and I watched this kid at practice pumping them thru the uprights over and over from 40, so just give him time and he'll bring that to the real games.

I came back to say later that they had found a kicker. I did jump the gun. sorry

Not bad at all.  There are lots of guys who would like a stat like that at ANY point in the season!  For it to be the first game is just amazing!

Congrats to Quinny and the Mustangs on a good game and good luck the rest of the season.  I hope many more records are broken!!!

I agree and they would like to have that stat against Nederlands defense. I hope the season is as exciting as I'm thinking it will be.

I came back to say later that they had found a kicker. I did jump the gun. sorry

Not a problem I think we as Mustang fans sometimes expect perfection. We all (ok maybe almost all) of us do it at times.

This is my first time to get online since Friday night, but I did want to congradulate the Mustangs & their fans on Friday night's masacre!  You guys look to be in mid-season form already so I am expecting big things from y'all.  Best of luck to you for the remainder of the season! 

It is called physical football, something most people don't play any more.  As long as the ball is not in the air you can have your hands on the receiver, you can push, pull, knock them to the ground whatever.  He definitely didn't hold him all night, #9 is one of the fastest kids in the area.

the only reason #9 stayed close to #21 for ned is cuz he held him on almost every play.

I was wondering who would be the first to cry. I'd put money on #9 in a foot race. Also, they were both pushing and pulling each other. Like switch said, it's physical football.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder