I think Vidor may be the Lumberton of last year. They have a lot of experience coming back from a decent team a year ago. Just like Lumberton in '06, they lost a lot of games but played good at times and then had most of the team returning for last season. Vidor has a chance to do the same thing this year.

Guest pirates

If the Pirates have a good pre-district season, builds some confidence and keeps the injuries down, they could surprise some people.  I think the key will be "builds confidence".  From what I have seen over the past 2 weeks, they are in shape, fired up and hitting hard.

I sure like what I see so far, Coach Mathews is fired up like I have not seen him in a while.  The Pirates now have a coaching staff that can coach and teach.  The staff is as strong as it was in the late 70's into the early 80's.  If everyone would remember the Pirates were very successful during that time.  Congrats. to the AD, he has put together a staff that is worth something...

It's going to be a very exciting year.  GO PIRATES!

Guest kellybulldawg

Vidor is being built up to be a good team but just like every other year they will prove you wrong.

They will have a little reality check friday night when we beat them on their home field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder