This one will be good....NEWTON @ EC

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan

last year it might have been a pretty good close game but this year EC doesnt have a chance i will be pulling for the Bucs but newton will be to much to handle for the bucs newton by at least 20

Too bad Newton dodged this game the last two years. Newton and Barbay refused to play EC. Now they agree since Thomas and Co. have graduated. Go figure.

Guest ECBucFan

i dont think newton dodged the game they just played better teams so they could get ready for a state run nothing against EC but Newton doest dodge any team especially teams like EC

So why on earth would they play EC now? That doesn't make a bit of sense, does it?

Newton dodged EC the last two years, plain and simple.

Dude, i don't see Newton dodging Winnie.  I'm sure they weighed their opportunities and made what they felt were the best choices to prepare for the season.  Are you going to argue with their success?  I think the coaches know what they are doing and I don't think they are scared of the BUCS.  JMO

I don't believe Newton and Barbay are scared of any team. If you looked at their non-district schedule from last year, I am sure there is no way you can say they were scared to play EC. They played teams such as, Crockett, Jasper, Silsbee and Carthage. They lost in the play-offs to a team that played in the 2A Championship game. I think what you really mean to say is, you wish they would have played yall the past couple of year because it would have been your best chance to beat them..  ;)  Newton and EC both have good football programs and you should proud of that and not call out Newton.. Things could always be worse, trust me on that...

Guest ECBucFan

Spin it all you want, but EC requested home & away the past two years, and Newton refused. NOW they accept. They did not want the possibility of being upset by a  stong EC team. Conversely, if they lost to some larger DETX school, it wouldn't be a such a big deal. After barely beating EC 14-7 (where EC led until late) in 2004, Newton avoided EC in 06' anf 07'. Call it whatever you want to call it. Thats the facts.

Guest ECBucFan

This year or any other year Newton would have beaten EC. 

NO WAY to say that. In 2004, Newton narrowly escaped 14-7 (after EC led most of the game), then, after the 05 hurricaine year, EC went 11-0 in 06' before meeting Mart in 2nd round, while Newton lost in the 2nd round, too. So, there is NO WAY to say it would have been impossible for EC to beat Newton. We will never really know, since EC wanted the games, and Newton refused.

Guest EagleFan01

This year or any other year Newton would have beaten EC. 

NO WAY to say that. In 2004, Newton narrowly escaped 14-7 (after EC led most of the game), then, after the 05 hurricaine year, EC went 11-0 in 06' before meeting Mart in 2nd round, while Newton lost in the 2nd round, too. So, there is NO WAY to say it would have been impossible for EC to beat Newton. We will never really know, since EC wanted the games, and Newton refused.

Newton has never refused to play anyone I know that for a fact... The reason that we didn't play EC in 06 or 07 is that Barbay doesn't like to play people that he has a chance to meet in the playoffs also we had already scheduled better teams to play against like jasper crockett carthage and silsbee who would have whooped ec back to winnie if they would have played. Newton will play anyone that barbay thinks will make his team better and he apparently thought ec would not have made them better. We like to play up in preseason, not the same level or lower like some of the schools in this area do... Barbay will also tell you his is not a big fan of playing 2a schools in preseason because alot of the time they are not equal to the talent that he has and it would have been just like practice for the team.... Oh what does the hurricane year have to do with yall losing 41 to 0 you didn't want to bring up the lose you just wanted to talk about how close the game the year before was..

Guest ECBucFan

1) Newton has never refused to play anyone I know that for a fact...

2) The reason that we didn't play EC in 06 or 07 is that Barbay doesn't like to play people that he has a chance to meet in the playoffs

3) hurricane year have to do with yall losing 41 to 0 you didn't want to bring up the lose you just wanted to talk about how close the game the year before was..

Your post is full of wrong statements. Responding in order:

1: Newton ABSOLUTELY refused to play EC. That was the game everyone wanted to see the past two years, and Newton refused!

2: Huh? Both 2A playoff teams, in adjacent districts, could still meet...SO WHY PLAY NOW? That doesnt make any sense at all!

3: No one said a hurricaine caused a loss...where did you get that?

Bottom line, Barbay is no stranger to Louisiana, he "knows when to hold em' and knows when to fold em' " so to speak. He didn't want to gamble taking on EC's Thomas & Co. the past two years, so he shyed away. NOW (of course), he feels it is a safer bet, so he will play. Anyone who tries to think that an undefeated EC team, who went just as far as Newton in the playoffs had NO CHANCE of beating Newton is out of their mind. We will never KNOW how it would have turned out, since Newton refused!

Sir, Newton scored three touchdowns within the first few minutes of the game and beat Buna 55-8. That was with the 8th team in after the first quarter. Your team barely won by 1 point. No doubt EC was good the last two years sir, however not as good. If we polled this question, it would be the world population to you.............Sir, look at the 06 07 schedules please. Newton played all 3A schools the past two preseasons. Why would they step down to your level sir? Now that doesn't make sense...........If it makes you sleep better at night, then sure Newton was "scurred" of big bad EC with 0 state titles. And sure, EC would have beat Newton the past two years. Good day Sir.

Well I hope it will be a good game and it helps both teams.  Coach V usually always picks 3A or excellent 2A teams to help get his team ready for district play.  And if it is true about Newton not wanting to play the last couple of years then it could be that his son coachs at Anahuac and can give him some pointers when EC plays Anahuac.  But I really don't think that Coach Barbay was scared to play EC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder