LONESTAR

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a hot and humid day that saw a little rain I saw some really good football games today at the LJF Jamboree. I would just like to give a shout out to the Silsbee teams. The two Silsbee flag teams looked really good, both have good defences. I saw six or seven teams that should make a push to the big game. One Silsbee Junior team looked good,  good RBs. The other team didn't do to bad, just a little inconsistent on both sides of the ball. But I'll tell ya, on the second set of offence and defence plays for that Silsbee team the coaches went to the sidelines like game type and that team played really good. There will be some very competitive games in this league. I did not get to see the Senior teams play. Just some really good football. Go Tigers!!!

Please TC fans/parents you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't wake a sleeping giant.

They (Vidor/Orange) don't need anymore motivation.

They were scrimmages and that is all they were.

and the comment last night was just being caught up in the moment.

This has been a good tournament and lets keep it clean..Good luck..

Hmmmmmmm......Very interresting..........

Yes Indeed, the Jamboree was a huge success! Thanks goes to DYFA for alot of time and hard work! I thought there were alot of great ball teams on the field. The Senior Division looked strong in both the East and West divisions. The talent looked more well rounded this year. I don't feel anybody is that far ahead of anyone else. We (Mauriceville Seniors) opened with HJ White and they gave us more than we could handle. We made a good defensive stance giving up one score and were not able to score on the HJ defense. We gave up another score to Warren but were able to put a few in ourselves. Deweyville and Silsbee seemed to be a toss up with a couple of scores a piece. I hear H-F looked good but did not get to see them. Vidor hits you really hard and runs the ball at you like a freight train (I know this because we scrimmaged them). Buna made a good showing against EC. I think the Warren team will be one to watch as their team last year kept improving all along. I did not see every game but wish I would have been able too! Good luck to all and see you on "Gameday"!

-----------------Marty Marion----------Senior Head Coach Mauriceville Panthers-------------------------------- 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami