LONESTAR

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey SeniorHawk they didnt put up 10 on us, maybe 5 just a good practice, We have Mauriceville today and we will have the two Comeaux boys ready to play... Deweyville is physical and they are the champs from last year,Preseason polls usually put the champs on top until someone proves otherwise. Good luck to yall Sat.  I will be watching!!!! ;D

Guest tchawks99

makes things interesting..

speaking of stirring the pot...

how is it one team is real good in seniors(HJ) and the other is just so,so???

"the pot is getting hott" whoo!! "the pot is getting Hott"

aint no fun when the rabbits got the gun!!

Guest tchawks99

Now thats funny!! It aint no fun when the rabbitts got the gun! TC Hawks99 what are you trying to say one H-J team is loaded and the other is so-so.

BINGO ....B-I-N-G-O.. someone was saying Vidor stacked a team...LORD you should see this one...Vidor dont have nothing on these TC boys..

WHOO!!! the pot is hot!!      stir, stir, stir

Well, I'll tell ya. When we have sign-ups, we take the first 25 kids. Numbers 26 thru 33 go on a waiting list. We split at number 34. We had 28 sign-up. LoneStar asked me if there was any way we could bring two Senior teams to the table. So our board made some calls and picked up about 8 or 9 kids. At that point, we did not really want to split up the kids that we have been coaching for around 4 or 5 years straight. It would have also been a waste of our experienced kids time for us to start where we started last year instead of picking up where we left off. Also, if I put the solid kids on one team, we don't have to carry as many as a team that may loose some. I have had 3 parents from that team approach me and tell me that they are glad the teams were split the way they were because their kids are playing positions they probably wouldn't have played had they been with the more experienced kids. If we had split the more experienced kids up, alot of the younger kids would have quit. Then we would be back to 1 team a week before the season started. You know, this is a pretty touchey subject. Do you not like your son having a place to play football? Is there a reason why you get on this site every day and try to upset people? My board and I have nothing to hide. I have been truthful with everyone about how our teams are split up. We havn't even started playing yet and people are already talking. The "other" team has experienced players. The "other" team is well coached. You should watch them practice today and see the fun that the dads and kids are having. I just hope none of them are reading what your typing.

speaking of stirring the pot...

how is it one team is real good in seniors(HJ) and the other is just so,so???

"the pot is getting hott" whoo!! "the pot is getting Hott"

aint no fun when the rabbits got the gun!!

no i  think lonestar is built for deweyville  and run by a bunch of people that bend the rules for who you are . go to your weigh in and have a kid that's 5 or even 10 pounds to heavy and go to the pres and depending on who you are i  bet he will let it slide . i have seen 11yr olds on Jr's . you wanna play in a class act football league try stjfl

The 11 year olds that get to play juniors are 1st year players under 70 pounds. I believe that is a positive. And its up to the parents. Deweyville is just like West Orange. There going to be good every year because of the types of kids they have. STJFL has a good program as does Lone Star.

Guest tchawks99

Well, I'll tell ya. When we have sign-ups, we take the first 25 kids. Numbers 26 thru 33 go on a waiting list. We split at number 34. We had 28 sign-up. LoneStar asked me if there was any way we could bring two Senior teams to the table. So our board made some calls and picked up about 8 or 9 kids. At that point, we did not really want to split up the kids that we have been coaching for around 4 or 5 years straight. It would have also been a waste of our experienced kids time for us to start where we started last year instead of picking up where we left off. Also, if I put the solid kids on one team, we don't have to carry as many as a team that may loose some. I have had 3 parents from that team approach me and tell me that they are glad the teams were split the way they were because their kids are playing positions they probably wouldn't have played had they been with the more experienced kids. If we had split the more experienced kids up, alot of the younger kids would have quit. Then we would be back to 1 team a week before the season started. You know, this is a pretty touchey subject. Do you not like your son having a place to play football? Is there a reason why you get on this site every day and try to upset people? My board and I have nothing to hide. I have been truthful with everyone about how our teams are split up. We havn't even started playing yet and people are already talking. The "other" team has experienced players. The "other" team is well coached. You should watch them practice today and see the fun that the dads and kids are having. I just hope none of them are reading what your typing.

Well said prez,

Couldnt have agreed more..you have doen a fantastic job in HJ..I was just having a little fun..remember you said you like stirring the pot...I was just stirring it when you wasnt..you are doing a good job..

no i  think lonestar is built for deweyville  and run by a bunch of people that bend the rules for who you are . go to your weigh in and have a kid that's 5 or even 10 pounds to heavy and go to the pres and depending on who you are i  bet he will let it slide . i have seen 11yr olds on Jr's . you wanna play in a class act football league try stjfl

You sound like you tried to have your kid certified when he was too old or to heavy and was turned down, or you have a problem losing to Deweyville, either way your wrong. Trash comes in all forms, shapes and sizes and your post stinks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder