LONESTAR

I got word from Deweyville, it was 10.

lol...cant wait for jeromy to see that.... :o :o

Hey Hey!!!! First of all it wasnt 10, I will give D-ville credit they are a great team. Who do yall have in the Jamboree Barry?  Corey good luck over in Nerdland.

We have Mauriceville @ 2 and Deweyville @ 6! Ol JP got me on that schedule. Its all good though, I get to see every team with the exception of Vidor .

Hey man Mauriceville Defense its very salty 150+lbs across the line Marty has them guys playing. Well I dont get to watch you until 6, Our games are at 2 with warren and 5 with silsbee.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, this is Claude Wilhelm President of Deweyville Youth Football, Vice-President of Lonestar and original founding member of Southeast Texas Junior Football.

I would just like to make a few comments although I don't usually participate in this forum.

First I would like to say thanks to the gentleman from Beaumont as you are correct in the fact that Deweyville does have a program that is more developed than most leagues would subject their kids to.

Is this wrong? Maybe! but it works for us and we win.

We don't have the numbers for a string of kids to play one way and they have to be in top physical condition so they can play at a high level to be successful and to avoid injuries.

For some reason we don't get any credit for good coaching either, I am in my 16th year and have never had a season beelow 500 much less a loosing season not just in Deweyville but in five years in Mauriceville as well, but people will believe what they want and it is what it is.

I am also concerned as well about they derogatory comments that always get thrown around from both sides about LoneStar and STJFL

and would like to go on record saying that they are both great organizations.

STJFL was created to get more children involved in youth football than Pop Warner would allow and to avoid problems we were experiencing that I won't go into, after we got started we had deference's between large towns and small towns that could not be reconciled and we shut it down knowing that some good guys like Nate, Mike, and Wally would carry it on.

We went out and started Lonestar to give the smaller communities such as Buna,EC,HF,Warren,HJ and Deweyville a place to play and be competitive on a more level playing field it was nothing personal toward any one person or association.

We do differ in age brackets and weights. Does that make one of us bad or cheaters I don't think so I love the idea of a pee wee division my 7 year old is playing tackle and that would be great if he was only facing 7 and 8 year olds but there is no physical way we could field that so we have 8 through light 10 year olds. Again does that make us bad people no! we are just trying to play football and with the two leagues now people have a choice on what best suits their community.

At the end of the day we are all here trying to win as it is human nature and competition drives us all but we must not loose sight of the fact that we are trying to teach children how to play the game correctly so that they can carry it on to the upper levels and most importantly we are trying to instill all of the qualities football can offer them like being team players and good sportsmen.

No good can come from us tearing each other down and I have been guilty as anyone in the past but, I hold no ill feelings toward anyone and we all could be a great help to each other if we can learn to communicate and look for the positives in what we are all trying to accomplish.

LOL! By the way if you don't like Deweyville its probably cause I smoked your head at one point.

Also if I make a post I swear to you it will be under my NAME!

captainClaude,

Is there spell check or any Commas on your puter in Deweyville???

lol..just joking..... ;D ;D ;D

Corey

The only word I need to know how to spell is WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol..I was just joking capt.claude

good post...(what i could read).. :D ;D ;)

captainClaude,

Is there spell check or any Commas on your puter in Deweyville???

lol..just joking..... ;D ;D ;D

Corey

The only word I need to know how to spell is WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol..I was just joking capt.claude

good post...(what i could read).. :D ;D ;)

I know you were check you later gotta go

Guest tchawks99

Hello, this is Claude Wilhelm President of Deweyville Youth Football, Vice-President of Lonestar and original founding member of Southeast Texas Junior Football.

First I would like to say thanks to the gentleman from Beaumont as you are correct in the fact that Deweyville does have a program that is more developed than most leagues would subject their kids to.

Is this wrong? Maybe! but it works for us and we win.

For some reason we don't get any credit for good coaching either, I am in my 16th year and have never had a season beelow 500 much less a loosing season not just in Deweyville but in five years in Mauriceville as well, but people will believe what they want and it is what it is.

LOL! By the way if you don't like Deweyville its probably cause I smoked your head at one point.

Also if I make a post I swear to you it will be under my NAME!

sounds to me you just got on here to toot your own horn..who cares what your little league record is?

Tough Room, I Love It! My twins just started playing in junior level STJFL for W.O.-S, wish those folks where as much fun as ya'll. Good luck to everybody. One thing for sure, in about 8 or 9 weeks everyone will know where they stand.

Careful what you wish for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tough Room, I Love It! My twins just started playing in junior level STJFL for W.O.-S, wish those folks where as much fun as ya'll. Good luck to everybody. One thing for sure, in about 8 or 9 weeks everyone will know where they stand.

welcome txdragon..glad to have you.good luck to your twins and you..

alot of good people hear and alot of ..well ..uh ...you know..

Well there captin Claude 13 and 0 let me look in to my glass ball over here in fannett i don't see it in your future of 08    LOL come people i need a scrimmage i see everbody else scrimmaging day in day out but i want some action

Larry

Well there captin Claude 13 and 0 let me look in to my glass ball over here in fannett i don't see it in your future of 08    LOL come people i need a scrimmage i see everbody else scrimmaging day in day out but i want some action

Larry

I'm pretty sure you won't be wanting another scrimmage after Teus big fella! :o

Tough Room, I Love It! My twins just started playing in junior level STJFL for W.O.-S, wish those folks where as much fun as you'll. Good luck to everybody. One thing for sure, in about 8 or 9 weeks everyone will know where they stand.

Well glad to here from some STJFL people good luck to you twins i will say LONESTAR has a great group of guys in it including you Claude LOL oh ya you to JP oh and that logger head from Vidor we all know who that is LOL any way let keep the hype up so we can bring the trophy home to H-F LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami