Who Is The Best?

• 6 months later...

From Newton I would have to say Toddrick Pendland

Man c'mon....did you forget about Will Gully....absolute beast!  And still was crackin' heads at UH.  He came in the game at quarterback late in the third quarter against Hamshire in the playoffs his senior year and tore them to shreads and he didn't even play QB.  My buddy from Hamshire said he's never been hit that hard in his life when Will hit him.

• 1 month later...

Has WOS87 done research on the players from the triangle that made it to the NFL????

So many schools that don't exist anymore...

Lincoln - Little Joe Washington

Hebert - ????

Were did Bubba Smith go to school???

Can't think, but didn't WB have a defensive player (Jerry Ball???) that made it to the NFL...

Just wondering...

Who is the most recent Golden Triangle fb player to make it to the NFL???

Guest EagleFan01

Will Gulley was good and he still is, showing his skills in Arizona for the Cardinals.. Toderick was good too but he was in the top 5 of good players to come out of Newton... Jimmy Walker very good FB played at UT and blocked for Earl Campbell. Well in my opinion the best player to come out of Newton has to be Anthony Byerly..... He was a man child just a beast..... Newton has had alot of great players go on to do great things in college and in the NFl. Kevin Dean the LB played in the league for a while won a super bowl or two with the 49ers..... A good athlete that wasn't big on football at Newton but good at another sport was Bo Bo Haywood in Boxing he was a beast in the ring....

Many good athletes have come out of the schools in the golden triangle. Many have made it in the NFL. Some from PNG. Some from Bridge City and many from other schools in the area. One that comes to mind is Jeff Bergeron from PNG. If he had his head screwed on a little tighter I believe he could have been a force in the NFL.

Guest BigHam

Has WOS87 done research on the players from the triangle that made it to the NFL????

So many schools that don't exist anymore...

Lincoln - Little Joe Washington

Hebert - ????

Were did Bubba Smith go to school???

Can't think, but didn't WB have a defensive player (Jerry Ball???) that made it to the NFL...

Just wondering...

Who is the most recent Golden Triangle fb player to make it to the NFL???

Bubba went to Chalton Pollard.

Actually Ball was a running back at WB and SMU converted him nose tackle.

There's several more like Reggie McElroy who went to BCP and played several years for the Jets

Kelcher who went to French and played for the Chargers.

Hebert had a couple DB's in the 70's that played in the NFL, but I can't remember their names.

I can't remeber but, where did Durial Harris go to school? Lincoln maybe ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine