Over The Years What Game

For me it was the 2000 Calallen game because I left with 2 minutes left in the game down 21-20...hanging my head as I walked to my truck...talking to myself about coming so close going to state.I know,I know...no faith,but Calallen,when they had the ball would keep it for 6 to 8 minutes and we just handed it back to them.Well we all know what took place after that.Everyone was celebrating while I was crying in my beer on the way home.I was close to Winnie when I herd we had won on the radio.I never will forget that...wish I had been their to see it.

Would have loved to have been there for the Calallen game, I think I posted a response to this one last season.  For me it was the Dayton and Waller game in Cy-Fair.  That was absolutely the hardest hitting and loudest football game I have ever witnessed at all ranks.  I still don't think Waller knew what hit them, both teams were dishing out their fair share of hits but I'm gonna'have to give it to Dayton.  Waller was HUGE and Dayton was just poppn'em.  Then the game came down to the very last play when Waller's all'state QB got POPPED! I mean POPPED! fumbled the ball and Dayton went on to the semi's.  It's games like that, to me anyways, is why Texas Football is the best, can't beat it.

The loudets game Ive been to was in 1999 in the Dome pn-g vrs stephensville or any Ned and PN-G game  but my favorite was when PN-G lifted the Lamarque dominance over SE Texas in 1999 now there was a hard hitting game Gohlke was on fire that game he was layin them out. I remember coug4life sending me an E-mail after the game sayin congrats and we all know that was something he did not have to do often in the 1990s and early 2000s.

Dustin long was such a pleasure to watch such a smart football Xs and Os kinda player

The loudets game Ive been to was in 1999 in the Dome pn-g vrs stephensville or any Ned and PN-G game  but my favorite was when PN-G lifted the Lamarque dominance over SE Texas in 1999 now there was a hard hitting game Gohlke was on fire that game he was layin them out. I remember coug4life sending me an E-mail after the game sayin congrats and we all know that was something he did not have to do often in the 1990s and early 2000s.

Dustin long was such a pleasure to watch such a smart football Xs and Os kinda player

Great moments in PNG football history. 

I remember how loud those metal cans were from the Stephenville fans, but PNG had louder fans and more of them.  Wish they could have pulled out the "W" in that one, but Stephenville was the best 4A team that year.  Still, the Indians had a fine team and a great season.

As for the LaMarque matchup, PNG pounded them.  They were the more physical team and had a lot of highlight hits in that game.  As the game progressed, LaMarque's players looked shell-shocked and intimidated.  This WO-S follower was a loud PNG fan that day.  It was great to see a neighbor school knock off the mighty Coogs, especially in the way they did it - with smashmouth football.       

There are several that come to mind. In the late 60's or early 70's Hebert was playing in a semifinals game in the astrodome against San Antonio Robert E Lee. SA had a very good team but was having trouble in the secondary against Hebert's excellent QB. Late in the game SA scored to take the lead with very little time left. Here comes Hebert passing down the field like it was just routine. When they were about to score a SA defender finally got to the QB and hit him hard. He fumbled and SA recovered. They ran out the clock. Both teams played well enough to win.

I was at the PNG La Marque game that Griff mentioned above. That was a very good game. I was surprised to see PNG dominate like they did. They beat LM bad.

Then there was the BC PNG game in 1996. The winner wins the district. If BC lost they stayed home. BC was in 4a back then. BC ran the "wing T" with Les Johnson the coach. BC's offensive line was huge and the backfield was great. PNG had a very good team and had Capadonna, sp, in their backfield I think. BC scored 4 very long TD's against PNG's good defense but missed two extra points. PNG scored late in the game to go ahead 27-26. They went for two and missed. That was the final score. If coach Johnson had put some of his offensive linemen to play defense I think BC would have won the game. BC's coach did not believe in any two way players. BC had to stay home. What a shame and what a game.

definately last year the lumberton, Dayton game...lumberton prevails 8-7

was waiting for that one...theres always one in the bunch

That game was crazy. Tied 0-0 till the 4th. Lumberton scores with 16 seconds left AND THEN goes for a 2 point conversion. Thats a game to remember even if your not a Lumberton fan.. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin