Rusty Linney died Sunday night

As some of you knew on Saturday and Sunday at the US OPEN the Tournament Director was quite ill.  He went home on Sunday of the Tourney because of major health issue flareups.

I talked to his widow last night and Mr. Linney died in his sleep on Sunday night July 27th.

As some of you knew on Saturday and Sunday at the US OPEN the Tournament Director was quite ill.  He went home on Sunday of the Tourney because of major health issue flareups.

I talked to his widow last night and Mr. Linney died in his sleep on Sunday night July 27th.

Wow, sad news indeed.  If he was having that many problems, makes you wonder even more why he didn't try to get more help to ease the load on himself. 

On a side note, July 27th is the same day my dad passed away. 

Greetings all,

Rusty's wife Sherry has asked pass along information about the final arrangements. Mrs. Linney has told me that the cause of death was a "massive heart attack", according to the medical examiner. She has been assured that he felt no pain & passed away very quickly in his sleep.

There will be a memorial service on Saturday, August 2,2008 at 11:00 AM John Wesley United Methodist Church in Houston in the Fellowship Hall located in the FM 1960 area.

The family has asked that all memorial contributions be made as follows:

Texas Parks & Wildlife

c/o Rusty Linney

4200 Smith School RD.

Austin Texas 78744

Or in lieu of a donation to TP&W you may make a contribution to the charity of your choice in the name of Rusty Linney.

The family extends it's heartfelt thanks to those in the softball community that have been in contact to express well wishes during this time of grief. Again Rusty Linney is survived by his wife Sherry of 27 years & two daughters.

Myztical

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siya
    Newest Member
    siya