HEART BREAKER

I can not speak for the rest of the HF fans but our loss to Waco Connally in the 1990 Playoffs has to rank at the

Top as the most Heart Breaking loss I ever witnessed. We had a great team that year and went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs however we lacked the depth needed to hold a talented Waco Connally team for 4 quarters. Best I recall HF was winning 29 to 15 at the beginning of the 4th quarter and our Head Coach back then got to conservative with his game plan. I will not mention any names as all HF Fans will know who I am talking about. We had to many 3 and outs and Waco hung 2 td's, an extra point and a two point conversion on us late in the game to claim a 30 to 29 Victory. That by far was the most Heart Breaking loss I ever witnessed.

The most hearbreaking loss was the durring the 2002 playoffs in the first round of the playoffs vs. Caney Creek.  We was up the whole game and pretty much in control.  The 4th quarter, CC ripped off a few TD's.  They scored a TD with seconds left and hit the extra point to edge my Jags 22-21. This was double sad because we played at the same stadium that Ozen played who had the night game.  They suffered pretty much the same kind of loss to Oak Ridge.  Cold and Sad day for Beaumont. :'( :'(

For me, West Brook's loss this past season to FB Clements. Up by 12 (33-21) with less than 7 minutes in the game, and they scored two quick TD's in a come from behind win 36-33. By the time we got the ball back, there wasn't much we could do (36 seconds left). Our Bi-District loss to Aldine Eisenhower in 1992 was pretty tough to swallow. We were up and in control the whole game, but a late penalty on our part put the Eagles in position for a late score. They won the game 31-28.

For me, West Brook's loss this past season to FB Clements. Up by 12 (33-21) with less than 7 minutes in the game, and they scored two quick TD's in a come from behind win 36-33. By the time we got the ball back, there wasn't much we could do (36 seconds left). Our Bi-District loss to Aldine Eisenhower in 1992 was pretty tough to swallow. We were up and in control the whole game, but a late penalty on our part put the Eagles in position for a late score. They won the game 31-28.

Yes, that was a heartbreaker.  There was still a chance in that game but there was a boneheaded play on Clements' last drive by a Brook defender.  I still think that this was a state contender team that came up short.

Guest JoesBros

The 2000 PNG Nederland game. Joey Price probably one of the best kickers in PNG history has a chance of kicking the Indians into the playoffs. It went wide left. It was a kick he would make probably 99% of the time.

The Bay City game in 2000.

I totally agree. We whipped them in every stat except the one that counts. If I remember right, they didn't even have 100 total yards. Ramoin missed by inches scoring. I thought he made it in, but replays showed different.

The 2000 PNG Nederland game. Joey Price probably one of the best kickers in PNG history has a chance of kicking the Indians into the playoffs. It went wide left. It was a kick he would make probably 99% of the time.

Yeah Joe, If I was a bettin' man, I woulda bet the whole farm on that chip shot.

Nueman probably paid him off...what do ya think?  ;)

And worse, it bounced off of the upright. Inches away from the playoffs and on the last play of the season if I remember correctly.

I believe it was 1981 when TJ played OP in Dallas for the the State title.  I still think we should have gone for the tie and gone in to overtime.  Thompson went for the win.

I remember that game. There was no chance of overtime in that game if I remember correctly. TJ would have won the game on first down stats. I remember in the paper that Thompson said that a tie was like kissing your sister. TJ tried a Rizal dazzle play and fumbled. OP came back and made one more penetration to win the game if my memory serves me correctly.

Yeah Joe, If I was a bettin' man, I woulda bet the whole farm on that chip shot.

Nueman probably paid him off...what do ya think?   ;)

He made most of those but that was a little more than a "chip shot"....expecially with mid county madness and a playoff berth on the line.  ;)

I believe it was 1981 when TJ played OP in Dallas for the the State title.  I still think we should have gone for the tie and gone in to overtime.  Thompson went for the win.

I remember that game. There was no chance of overtime in that game if I remember correctly. TJ would have won the game on first down stats. I remember in the paper that Thompson said that a tie was like kissing your sister. TJ tried a Rizal dazzle play and fumbled. OP came back and made one more penetration to win the game if my memory serves me correctly.

Once again I have to disagree. There was no possibility of overtime, since overtime did not exist in college or high school football back then. If the score was tied at the end of regulation play, then the game ended as a tie.

At the same time there was considerable misunderstanding of the use of “penetrations†during playoff games. Often when a playoff game ended in a tie the statement would be made that Team A had “won the game on penetrations.†Incorrect because regardless of whether the game is played in regular season or in the playoffs, a tie is a tie and neither team “won.â€

The difference is that in all playoff games, except for the finals, one team must advance to the next round and the other team must be eliminated. In most playoff games it’s easy to determine which because one team has more points on the scoreboard when time expires and therefore “wins†the game. However if the game ends in a tie, neither team wins, but one of them must still advance to the next round. Therefore some other means of making that determination must be used, which is where penetrations, and then first downs (if necessary), and then total yards (if necessary) comes in.

Yes, when one team advances and the other is eliminated it does give an appearance that the one team “won†and the other “lost.†But regardless of that the only way to win a game is to outscore your opponent. Therefore it is incorrect to say that "Team A won on penetrations." The correct statement is that "Team A advanced on penetrations." Advanced, not won.

The difference in the finals is that neither team will advance to the next round as there is no next round to advance to. The team with the most points wins the game and the state championship. If the score is tied neither team wins and the two teams are co-championships. And all your penetrations and first downs and total yards combined with a big chunk of your paycheck will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

For EC it would be either the 95 loss to Rosebud-Lott in area, or the 04 game against Newton.  The 95 loss was  34-33 and we missed 3 extra points and a last second field goal.  The 04 game against Newton was a great game.  Even though Newton had over 300 yards offense  the game came down to a 4th down conversion by Newton at the goal line.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83