Babe Ruth 13, 14 and 15 Year Old All Stars

Well I'm pretty sure tomorrow is the day the all stars will be announced. These teams always enjoy great success, can't wait to see them play again.

Last years 13's came up just shy of the regional title, I see no reason they can't take it all this year it's a talented group.

GO NEDERLAND BABE RUTH!

14 Year Old Tournament Team

Jordan Wood(Ned)

Daniel Sparrow(PNG)

Stephen Schlett(Ned)

Justin Ridgaway(Ned)

Ryan Quinn(Ned)

Jacob Pitts(Ned)

Kohl Lasell(Ned)

Hunter Knox(PNG)

Gerran Freeman(PNG)

Trent Fontenot(Ned)

David Conley(PA)

Corbin Carr(Ned)

Brett Brown(Ned)

Trey Broussard(Ned)

Daniel Atterberry(Ned)

How are the 13 year olds lookin?

I've spoken to a few parents, and I heard there are a few scrappy kids on the team, but may be lacking in the middle infield. One of the dads told me the bats to watch out for are Campbell, Sampere, Bass, and Shoefstal (sp).

When is the first tournament?

The 13 year olds are looking pretty good.  They have a lot of pitchers that have solid pitching.  Add Couron to the list of bats to look for as well as Tarver.  Breuer is patient at the plate and gets on base quite a bit with walks.  Meaux can lay down a mean bunt and can usually get on base with his wheels.  They have a lot of heart and held their own extremely well in a scrimmage against the 14 year olds last Friday.  Added to the fact that I havent heard any griping and complaining from players or parents, and I think they have the chance to go far this summer. 

Congratulations to the 13-year-olds.  They played very well all weekend, but in the end was just shy of winning it all!  It came down to Monday night.  They played in the championship game and was leading all the way through 2-0, then 2-1, then 3-1.  Sampere was on fire with his pitching, but could only pitch 6 innings and some VERY close calls (and questionable) in the 7th inning with 2 outs gave the game to Brazoswood.  They went ahead 5-3 and our boys couldn't pull out any more magic in the bottom of the 7th.  To all the naysayers that thought they would fail, you should have seen them play!!!  There was not one boy on the team that should not have been there.  They all stepped it up and all 15 deserved to be all stars!  They played outstanding and left it all on the field.  Nothing else to be said.  I for one am VERY proud of them.  Hopefully the 14-year-olds can take it all the way! 

Watch out next year, cuz we have unfinished business in Lake Jackson.

Congrats to the 13 yr olds, you did more than anyone thought you would do!

And next year hopefully we will be fielding a true all-star team! You can count on it that maybe 1 or 2 kids off of this years team will make it next season as all-stars.

The kids that have been playing on the Roughriders for the last 5 years will be playing Babe Ruth next year, and that Brazoswood team will look like a bunch of scrubs. There will be quite a few parents wondrerin where in the world did these kids come from! Mark my words, it will be a totally different team next year especially with Stampley and Raines playing.

Congrats to the 13 yr olds, you did more than anyone thought you would do!

And next year hopefully we will be fielding a true all-star team! You can count on it that maybe 1 or 2 kids off of this years team will make it next season as all-stars.

The kids that have been playing on the Roughriders for the last 5 years will be playing Babe Ruth next year, and that Brazoswood team will look like a bunch of scrubs. There will be quite a few parents wondrerin where in the world did these kids come from! Mark my words, it will be a totally different team next year especially with Stampley and Raines playing.

Dang G-Boy...Get a job!!!

These boys exceeded my expectations in this tournament. Congrats to these young boys for a job well done.

Now...back to you G-Boy. Let these boys enjoy being semi-finalists of the state tournament. I'm sure it wasnt easy playing 15 ballplayers every game. I would have thought some parents would not be happy about playing time, but it sounds as if all the parents were very content about the management of the players. btw...next year is next year.

Thanks for the post NHS82.  I agree!  Let the boys enjoy the moment.  I was one of the parents and my son saw very little playing time, but when he was brought in, it was for a reason, pitching, pinch running, etc.  Every boy played in every game.  That says something for the coaches, as they didnt have to play every boy.  Teams work together for the betterment of the team and the boys and parents knew that.  I could not have been prouder of the boys AND the parents (and in today's world that says a lot!)

Thanks for the post NHS82.  I agree!  Let the boys enjoy the moment.  I was one of the parents and my son saw very little playing time, but when he was brought in, it was for a reason, pitching, pinch running, etc.  Every boy played in every game.  That says something for the coaches, as they didnt have to play every boy.  Teams work together for the betterment of the team and the boys and parents knew that.  I could not have been prouder of the boys AND the parents (and in today's world that says a lot!)

Did I miss something here!? Enjoy what moment? The moment of going to an allstar tournament, one you should have clearly won, and getting sent home packing. Im sure the guys on the team think every night before they go to bed about being a state semi-finalist. Come on... There was obviously some shady things that went on behind the scenes somewhere along the line. A Mid County allstar team should never lose the first tournament, and this 13 yr old team now joins the 15 yr olds (knocked out in the state round each of the past 3 years with one of the most talented teams ever assembled under the same coach, ill let you figure that one out) in their quest to blow talent.

Did I miss something here!? Enjoy what moment? The moment of going to an allstar tournament, one you should have clearly won, and getting sent home packing. Im sure the guys on the team think every night before they go to bed about being a state semi-finalist. Come on... There was obviously some shady things that went on behind the scenes somewhere along the line. A Mid County allstar team should never lose the first tournament, and this 13 yr old team now joins the 15 yr olds (knocked out in the state round each of the past 3 years with one of the most talented teams ever assembled under the same coach, ill let you figure that one out) in their quest to blow talent.

Didn't you post from a prev thread stating that you knew of 2 kids (probably the Express) that had decent batting averages, better than some other kids from the all star team? You think they could have made any difference on this team? Which I doubt! Reason being-this Brazoswood team was far better in pitching than what MC possessed. This team went as far as talent brought them to the Championship game. Plus, if they won the 1st game, then MC had to play a 2nd game. Man, you have a hard on for some of these MC All-Star coaches.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder