3 Russell Roberts (174-144-4) Wharton

4 Hugh Sandifer (168-69-4) Abilene Wylie

5 Ben Scharnberg (167-84-3) Atlanta

6 Weldon Nelms (161-93-3) Wimberley

7 Claude Tarver (152-77-4) Bridge City

8 Jessie Crow (141-102-5) Yoakum

9 Jimmy Thompson (139-58-1) Cleveland

10 Jerry Malone (137-71-3) Marlin

I understand the rankings, but when you look at both wins vs. losses, some of these guys are not much better than 40% or 50%. Look at Wharton as an example, he has 174 wins, 144 losses, and 4 ties.

I seem to recall WOS87 came up with a better comparison of stats and WOS was not # 1, if I recall correctly. :?:

somehow' date=' before i read this, i kind of guess that hooks would be at the top[/quote']

If you see a post from a WOS person it is always about how "great" they are. No punt against them for being good supportive fans, but it is most always the case. I think that is in part why they catch so much flack. I know it's the reason I give them such a hard time. Well, that and they get really emotional about it and I find some sense of humor, in a sickning way I guess. :D

Guest GoStangs

If you see a post from a WOS person it is always about how "great" they are. No punt against them for being good supportive fans, but it is most always the case. I think that is in part why they catch so much flack. I know it's the reason I give them such a hard time. Well, that and they get really emotional about it and I find some sense of humor, in a sickning way I guess.

Conversely, if you see a post from a Barbers Hill fan, it's hardly ever going to say anything about their program, but will generally only negatively describe other people, communities, or programs (heck, even the National Anthm isn't beyond reproach with some of them). Not always, but that's almost always the case. That's part of the reason why so many people just don't like them. I know it's the reason I don't like them very much. Well, that and the fact BHFan/RBarker, who will dish out any insult any time, got so emotional and whined like a little girl after K'ville spanked them in the playoffs (again).

There is nothing to say about BH, GoStangs. As far as Jody goes, he LOVES to dog anything to do with WO-S. It's a lot like the little boy who picks on the little girl in first grade because he has a crush on her.

Jody has a BIGTIME WO-S fetish that he doesn't know how to deal with.

I know, though, that he's holding out hope that BH can do something this year without a titan like Kirbyville in the way. Last year, BH's chances to get anywhere were ZERO. This year, I'd say they're a HUNDRED TIMES that.

There is nothing to say about BH' date=' GoStangs. As far as Jody goes, he LOVES to dog anything to do with WO-S. It's a lot like the little boy who picks on the little girl in first grade because he has a crush on her.

Jody has a BIGTIME WO-S fetish that he doesn't know how to deal with.

I know, though, that he's holding out hope that BH can do something this year without a titan like Kirbyville in the way. Last year, BH's chances to get anywhere were ZERO. This year, I'd say they're a HUNDRED TIMES that.[/quote']

SO I take it Hooks has gone past recruiting Katrina Evacuees and now he's out to get "first grade girls"? Not saying I blame him if he's looking to improve.

By the way, BH folk do not dog WOS, I do. It's nothing personal, singers or no singers. I gave Jasper a hard time, but I was suporting them in 2004 against Gilmer. WOs should learn to take it in stride, it's just an opinion. :idea:

We had one Katrina evacuee on the team. Being that we're the closest school to the Louisiana border, I'd say that is reasonable. Most schools had at least that many.

The first grade comment was an analogy (look it up) comparing your love of WO-S to a first grader's crush on a girl (most boys like girls... no offense, Jody... I realize that in Mont Belvieu you take whatever you can get - or catch... which is why the BH roster has lots of names like "Porky" Williams, Old Paint Ross and Sheepy McGee). I saw Jody's pic on the 3ADL, and I'm not so sure there's not a little goat in his blood.

If you see a post from a WOS person it is always about how "great" they are.

There is nothing to say about BH

Sorry but I just had to reply so I could simultaneously negate both very sweeping generalizations with one post.

Barbers Hill is definitely one of the few elite local programs that holds up when comparing quality and success both recently and historically. If you look at records since 2000 you would see that BH has a higher winning percentage than WO-S and has won more games than WO-S. In fact' date=' they have the highest winning percentage of any team in SE Texas this decade and have won more games since 2000 than any other team in SE Texas except for Newton.

This is the hidden content, please

Conversely, if you look at historic records going back 100+ years you would see that Barbers Hill ranks in the top 3 among SE Texas teams in every one of the following categories (All-Time Wins, All-Time Winning Percentage, All-Time Playoff Wins, All-Time Playoff winning percentage, All-Time Playoff Appearances, State Championships, All-Time number of undefeated regular seasons and District Championships)

WOS87

Proud Alumnus of WO-S Class of '87

Sorry but I just had to reply so I could simultaneously negate both very sweeping generalizations with one post.

Barbers Hill is definitely one of the few elite local programs that holds up when comparing quality and success both recently and historically. If you look at records since 2000 you would see that BH has a higher winning percentage than WO-S and has won more games than WO-S. In fact' date=' they have the highest winning percentage of any team in SE Texas this decade and have won more games since 2000 than any other team in SE Texas except for Newton.

Conversely, if you look at historic records going back 100+ years you would see that Barbers Hill ranks in the top 3 among SE Texas teams in every one of the following categories (All-Time Wins, All-Time Winning Percentage, All-Time Playoff Wins, All-Time Playoff winning percentage, All-Time Playoff Appearances, State Championships, All-Time number of undefeated regular seasons and District Championships)

WOS87

Proud Alumnus of WO-S Class of '87[/quote']

WOS87 I aplaude you :dru , One for not being a Biased poster and Two for producing information that I was not aware of. Some of the WOS posters just need to realize that everyone in the area knows WOS has a great program their is no need to preach it to everyone you see!!!

A WOS poster, Posting something positive about BH!!!! I'm shocked and Humbled........!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>

We had one Katrina evacuee on the team. Being that we're the closest school to the Louisiana border' date=' I'd say that is reasonable. Most schools had at least that many.

The first grade comment was an analogy (look it up) comparing your love of WO-S to a first grader's crush on a girl (most boys like girls... no offense, Jody... I realize that in Mont Belvieu you take whatever you can get - or catch... which is why the BH roster has lots of names like "Porky" Williams, Old Paint Ross and Sheepy McGee). I saw Jody's pic on the 3ADL, and I'm not so sure there's not a little goat in his blood.[/quote']

First I got to give props to WOS92 for this. Like a famous comedian says, "That there is funny stuff, I don't care who you are". GOOD STUFF....I am still laughing.

Now, on to WOS87's post, I appreciate the recognition and time consuming work you have done to produce real facts about SE-Texas football. There are a lot of us that talk trash, me being one, but the numbers are what they are.

In 5 years we will be looking at BH records from class A ball to 4-A and soon 5-A. We also will be looking at WOS records from 4-A to 2-A and saying boy, if you flip those ends BH is just plain better. Good thing is, WOS will get a taste of it this year during our scrimmage.

Now as far as Newton, they are what they are. A small pool of talented well coached athletes who produce year in and year out.

Bridge City is going to be the dominant golden triangle 3-A team this year, so don't worry about BIG-O-BAD BH.

In 5 years we will be looking at BH records from class A ball to 4-A and soon 5-A. We also will be looking at WOS records from 4-A to 2-A and saying boy, if you flip those ends BH is just plain better. Good thing is, WOS will get a taste of it this year during our scrimmage.

Jody, as you so eloquently put it, "That's funny stuff right there. I don't care who you are - that's funny."

I'm still laughing!

:lol:

*cough*kirbyville*cough*twice*cough*

Jody we have agreed on several things so far' date=' but thats one i don't think will happen..BC will NOT dominate the 3A District this year. They'll be in the hunt but will not win District. Trust me on this one![/quote']

I am hopeful.......VERY hopeful.... :D

Barbers Hill beat themselvs against Kirbyville in 2005 and Huffman just simply beat WOS in 2004. All that is history, and new bragging rights start in August 06.

Good luck to WOS in 2006, 2nd place is better than last.

GO BIG RED!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder