WOS and Barbers Hill, are they the same?

WOS and Barbers Hill, are they the same?  

1. 1. WOS and Barbers Hill, are they the same?

This was a comment that fueled this topic.

Winning percentage is something to brag about. However, tradition and history are a lot more than just winning percentage. Yes you have a better winning percentage than BH. Play another 50 years of football (like BH) is see where you stack up. BH has won more games (in all sports-not just football), and played for more championships than WOS. BH has been in the playoffs more years than WOS has existed.

Guest Kelly Football

True but West orange is talked about state wide. Our coaches got back from Austin (me included) and coaches from all over Texas would be discussing WOS.

Guest Kelly Football

It's obivous when we go to State meets and things. I was talking with a coach from west Texas Monday evening at dinner and the first thing he ask me was how's coach hooks and wos?

It's obivous when we go to State meets and things. I was talking with a coach from west Texas Monday evening at dinner and the first thing he ask me was how's coach hooks and wos?

I love it.

Sticky, where you at now? :P

BH has had streches where they were greatly respected as a state power just as WO-S has had. Both have 2 state championships with neither winning in over 15 years. WO-S has had one good season in the last several, but BH pretty much goes undefeated every year until the playoffs. WO-S does have the most clout statewide but I think it is because their dominance was in the nearer past than BH. But I would say WO-S has more consistently been a force than BH in football. BH is simply good at every single thing they compete in from basketweaving to One Act to football to basketball. They start a girl's volleyball team and 3 years later are playing in the finals. WO-S has been good at basketball, baseball, and track. WO-S gets the nod for best tradition in football, but across the board BH has the better tradition in all of their sports.

I'd disagree that we've had "one good season" in the last several. Our average record since the calendar rolled to 2000 is 9-2. That might not be dominant, but it's "good" for most teams. Yeah, BH might go undefeated in the regular season, but who do they play? And they always get bounced from the playoffs pretty early, don't they? How many times in recent history have they won two playoff games or more? We both have two titles, but we've done it in a fraction of the time. If you think people in other parts of the state don't know us, think again - or just read Kelly Football's post.

BH has had streches where they were greatly respected as a state power just as WO-S has had. Both have 2 state championships with neither winning in over 15 years. WO-S has had one good season in the last several' date=' but BH pretty much goes undefeated every year until the playoffs. WO-S does have the most clout statewide but I think it is because their dominance was in the nearer past than BH. But I would say WO-S has more consistently been a force than BH in football. BH is simply good at every single thing they compete in from basketweaving to One Act to football to basketball. They start a girl's volleyball team and 3 years later are playing in the finals. WO-S has been good at basketball, baseball, and track. WO-S gets the nod for best tradition in football, but across the board BH has the better tradition in all of their sports.[/quote']

we are talking about football, not one act play or basketweaving.

BH has had streches where they were greatly respected as a state power just as WO-S has had. Both have 2 state championships with neither winning in over 15 years. WO-S has had one good season in the last several' date=' but BH pretty much goes undefeated every year until the playoffs. WO-S does have the most clout statewide but I think it is because their dominance was in the nearer past than BH. But I would say WO-S has more consistently been a force than BH in football. BH is simply good at every single thing they compete in from basketweaving to One Act to football to basketball. They start a girl's volleyball team and 3 years later are playing in the finals. WO-S has been good at basketball, baseball, and track. WO-S gets the nod for best tradition in football, but across the board BH has the better tradition in all of their sports.[/quote']

I STRONGLY disagree. Like I said, we have earned respect in 5A, 4A, and 3A.

When people know they have to play us, there is a FEAR!!!!! Its like, ahh man, weve got to play WOS? BH has no where near that!!!!!

So......try again. :D

You guys are so full of your selfs :lol: you must have long arms the way you pat yourselfs on the back. Who was scared of you the 4 years or so you went without making a playoff appearance??? You guys have earned your respect but to dance around like you are the king of the state is just plain ridiculas. Last year WOS was not jus beat by Wimberly but they were destroyed. Not even in the same class!!! You can talk all you want show us the state throphy or stop talken!!!!

P.S. Love and peace BH loves ya!!! Man are we scared HaHaHa What a Joke!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

You have got to be kidding me. A poll on SETXsports? You might as well put up a poll on who is the better president (Bush or Clinton) in Hope' date=' Arkansas.[/quote']

Well sticky, what do you suggest? :?: :wink:

This little battle between BH and WOS is funny. No one is going to win this. it reminds me of my favorite qoute.

" Winning this little battle would be like winning at the Special Olimpics, if you try real hard you might win, but your still retarded" :lol:

BHFAN wrote: This little battle between BH and WOS is funny. No one is going to win this. it reminds me of my favorite qoute.

"Winning this little battle would be like winning at the Special Olimpics, if you try real hard you might win, but your still retarded"

Not really interested in the WO-S v. BH debate, but the Special Olympics quote is not funny. Not sure why that would be one of your favorite quotes? I'm involved with the Texas Special Olympics, and the participants I work with are all winners. If you would like to see first hand and experience the thrill of watching special competitors, I'll save you a spot at the next track meet, swim meet, or table tennis event here in the Greater Houston Area. We usually have over 750 participants at local events, and we could use some more volunteers.

Peace.

BHFAN wrote: This little battle between BH and WOS is funny. No one is going to win this. it reminds me of my favorite qoute.

"Winning this little battle would be like winning at the Special Olimpics' date=' if you try real hard you might win, but your still retarded"

Not really interested in the WO-S v. BH debate, but the Special Olympics quote is not funny. Not sure why that would be one of your favorite quotes? I'm involved with the Texas Special Olympics, and the participants I work with are all winners. If you would like to see first hand and experience the thrill of watching special competitors, I'll save you a spot at the next track meet, swim meet, or table tennis event here in the Greater Houston Area. We usually have over 750 participants at local events, and we could use some more volunteers.

Peace.[/quote']

I dont think he meant it in a derrogatory way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder