Shetland Tournament May 17th-18th (PONY)

Congrats to the Vidor Astros on being the 2008 Pony Shetland Division Directors Champs.  They beat us (TC Scrappers) 27-16 and made it look really easy.  The Astros have a very good defensive team and hit the ball really well. 

Astros scored early and often tonight.  We could not stop them.  It was 20-16 starting the 5th and they scored 7 runs to end the game.  Too much power tonight for the Scrappers who have been very sound defensively thus far in the tournament.

Time to get ready for the end of the season tourney and then All-Stars.  Hopefully TC will get a chance to play Vidor for the trip to Ft. Worth!!!!!!!

Great win Astros.  Job well done.

Great run Scrappers.  We are proud of you!!!!!

Congrats to the Scrappers as well.  The hit the ball very well tonight.  I was very impressed with you hitting throughout the tournament but especially in the Championship Game.

Also, hats of to the Scrappers coaches and parents.  I know that it is no fun to lose a big game, but everyone was so classy in the loss.  Everyone was gracious and complimentary.  I thought the game was coached and cheered in the right spirit by everyone there.

And Congrats to those little Astros who played their heart out.  I am very proud of them.

Lazeek,

About How many of your boys will make your All-Star team.  I think it is interesting to see the how this year compares to last year.  Last Year, Orange had a league team that comprised mostly 1st team All-Stars.  This year in Vidor, our talent is spread around quite a few teams. 

Just wondering.

Off of the Scrappers we will have two for sure make the All-Star team the 1st Baseman and Short Stop and possibly the Pitcher as a 3rd member.  That will be the only first teamers.  On the 2nd team it is any ones guess.  I would think that maybe two others might make the 2nd team.

How many off of the Astros will make 1st team?  How many off of the Braves?

It is much different than what we are used to playing on in Vidor.  But the little field in Groves was much different than what we were used to playing on in Vidor.  The raised sandy mound will be the hardest adjustment come tourney time IMO. 

I do not think there is any chance of it being moved after hearing some of the director's talking about it. 

The PA system is great.  The food was good (according to my kids).  The bathroom situation (port-a-lets) is far from ideal. 

However, every league has to start from less before they can have more.  They do seem to be excited about having the tournament there which means people should be there to make it happen. 

I am hoping for the best.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder