Fishing in Beaumont

Are there any decent spots in or near the beaumont city limits to fish?  i don't mind sitting at a canal all day for a bass and a couple of crappie, but i sure would like to find a little better fishing.  any suggestions?

Fresh or saltwater or does it matter?

Are there any decent spots in or near the beaumont city limits to fish?  i don't mind sitting at a canal all day for a bass and a couple of crappie, but i sure would like to find a little better fishing.  any suggestions?

Fresh or saltwater or does it matter?

either is fine... i don't really care.  we go out to the rigs some, but with the price of gas, i'm going to have to cut WAAAAAY back on that

• 2 weeks later...

in high school, me and two friends used to go to a place called "pleasure island" and fish at walter umphrey state park where docks extended across the water.  I never really fished, but i remember being there.

ever been?

in high school, me and two friends used to go to a place called "pleasure island" and fish at walter umphrey state park where docks extended across the water.  I never really fished, but i remember being there.

ever been?

i think i remember going a time or two.  i remember this one time we stayed up fishing all night out there, and the next morning as breakfast was on the grill, me and my buddies all passed out in the shade with the ocean breeze blowing in.  i don't think i've ever had a better nap.

it is a lot of fun out there.  i remember quite a lot of space to run around as well.  I camped there too, bullets.  I remember my friend jeremy inventing a "soccer golf" game.  certainly the hardcore fishers couldn't have been too happy.  good times.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty