area 7 & 8 year old pony league directors tournament may 3rd

Vidor has 8 teams this year.  I'm not sure if all of them will be going to the tourney.  We have alot of talent in this age group.  We probably have 4-5 teams that should be able to compete well in this tourney.  Our 7yr olds are last years 6yr olds that went to state in All-stars, very good group of kids. 

We have 5 teams in Groves. not sure who are playing the tournament. we dont have the talent we have had in the past few years since i've been here. i think last three years we have had 3 or four teams in the semi finals. wont be like that this year. our team is 6-0 and we have won by ten runs or more in all but one of the games.not sure how we'll compete. my boy plays on the big red machine and we have a tournament that weekend so i hope we'll be able to make the directors tournament. we didnt loose a huge number of kids in pinto last year just a huge quality .

The tournament is held by the local Pony baseball league in the golden triangle. There are 4 local leagues. Orange, Vidor, Groves American, and Twin County (Sour Lake). It is strictly for the Pony League Pinto Division.

Glad to see there are teams coming. I have a Pinto team that will be in it. I had to miss (ok I chose to miss it)the Mustang tournament for a well deserved trip to Talladega and a little Nascar. My little team is undefeated but we just don't play very consistant. The team to beat in Orange is the Twins coached by Chad Broussard.

Does anyone know how the Orange Mustang teams are doing? I wish it would have worked out for us to play in that tournament. We have a good Mustang team too. However the team to beat in Orange is the Astro's coached by Brian McCorvey and Steve Pesek.

The tournament is held by the local Pony baseball league in the golden triangle. There are 4 local leagues. Orange, Vidor, Groves American, and Twin County (Sour Lake). It is strictly for the Pony League Pinto Division.

Glad to see there are teams coming. I have a Pinto team that will be in it. I had to miss (ok I chose to miss it)the Mustang tournament for a well deserved trip to Talladega and a little Nascar. My little team is undefeated but we just don't play very consistant. The team to beat in Orange is the Twins coached by Chad Broussard.

Does anyone know how the Orange Mustang teams are doing? I wish it would have worked out for us to play in that tournament. We have a good Mustang team too. However the team to beat in Orange is the Astro's coached by Brian McCorvey and Steve Pesek.

Well, so much for comming in under the radar. >:(  Just go ahead and put a bullseye on our back.  Thanks TD. ;D

Well, so much for comming in under the radar. >:(  Just go ahead and put a bullseye on our back.  Thanks TD. ;D

Just trying to take care of you. I was thinking about showing it to your team about a week before we play yall.

yea should of known you were the team to beat Chad!!!LOL. Seams like that every year. Our team is playing in it but I dont know if me and my boy will be there Saturday or not. We are playing at Ford Park. Should be an interesting weekend. We are and 8u team but we are playing up in 9uAA for the first time. Not expecting a whole lot but most of our kids can play kid pitch so.... By the way Chad i talk to Bost he said Austin is suppose to play with ya'll middle of May. I've heard he is doing good over at National.

• 2 weeks later...

The Groves Indians will play the Vidor Angels for the championship tomorrow at 7. I hear the Vidor is made up of all or mostly 7 year olds but let that fool ya i watch em tonight and they can play. We'll have our hands full tomorrow. Either way I think it will  be a good game.

Well it was one hell of a game on both sides tonight!!!! The Groves Indians pulled it out 11 - i think 6 or 7. The Vidor Angels  played one heck of a game. They are coached well... I've never seen a team with mostly 7 year olds that back each other up on throw ins and stuff like they do. Congrats to them on getting to the final and congrats to the Groves Indians kids on the win. All i can say is I'm glad i wont have to face them next year...we're moving up.

Guest bballfanman

Man what a game!!!! Does anyone know if the Short Stop & second baseman from Vidor are really seven years old? What are there names?

I know that they are 7 yr-olds.  I coached against them last year in Shetland.  I would be reluctant to post their names on a public board, but one of their dads checks this board now and then and he tell you if he is comfortable.

I will tell you that not only are the kids great, but both of their dads are great coaches.  It makes for a deadly combination in league play.  Next year, my youngest son moves up to Pinto and we will have to match-up against that team, and I am not liking my chances.  However, it is still fun to see kids play at such a high level.

Guest vpfootball

What a game!! Both teams played very well..Congratulation to the Indians. For the names of those boys short stop Keaton second base Braden and yes both of them are seven..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw