Who wins the Vidor vs. Lumberton game?

Who Wins? Vidor Or Lumberton?  

1. 1. Who Wins? Vidor Or Lumberton?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With no disrespect to Vidor' date=' it's not a good sign for your program if you've repeatedly experienced Vidor's homecoming halftime. Teams generally schedule an easy win for homecoming. I don't doubt that the program in Lumberton can turn around. My point is that it will NOT be immediate. That doesn't count JV training, folks. Believe it or not, JV success is much less important than you think. WO-S has had some terrible JV teams and PLENTY of success at the varsity level. None of those "bad" JV teams had a bad year at varsity.[/quote']

I totally agree. JV and Varsity are like night and day. Friday nights are whole different animal. Everything is stepped up at Varsity level. JV everyone just run the shell of their offenses and deffenses, simple schemes. You also do not scout JV games. I guess we will see.

Guest bulldogbark

In the 70' our 7th 8th grades never got beat...being coached under Coach Williams......but then the same kids never got out of zone,, maybe once I believe.....

I don't think you can count anyone out of 22-4A this season' date=' their are no weak links. Hit someone every play![/quote']

At least all teams like to say that at the beginning of the season. It keeps things interesting at least until district play begins.

speed has more to do with a teams success than size in HS football' date=' I have seen some very large teams that could contain the speed from a smaller team, Vidor is a case in point.[/quote']

My brother in law played at Lumberton.....................lets just say he hates to see me at family functions. :lol::lol:

It looks like Lumberton and vidor have developed quite a nice rivalry. Its gonna be a good run. And yes, we will have a New tunnel this year because I just sent in the check for it on behalf of the Lumberton Raider Athletic Booster Club and a fantastic sponsor. P.S. I voted for Lumberton.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin