Who wins the Vidor vs. Lumberton game?

Who Wins? Vidor Or Lumberton?  

1. 1. Who Wins? Vidor Or Lumberton?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha outta tha box who came up with those names haha but anyways I have 1 more question How did this game become a rivalry game? I understand how nederland and png are they are both in midcounty! I also understand why central,ozen, and west brook are because they are all schools in beaumont so how did these two teams become a rivarly why do they hate each other?

Well i do know that, the Band of Bands(Vidor) we always play Slavonic because its one of our traditions. But a couple of years ago the lcm Band started playing it and every football game the bands battle it out. Honestly vidor Plays it way better. Nederland wont ever admit it but Vidor and Nederland are not so diff.

Lumberton doesn't have a big rivalry really. The problem is Lumberton went from having nothing to growing and moved through the classifications pretty quickly. Lumberton ended up in 4A where we have no real ties to any of the teams, and they all have pretty long established rivalries.

When I was in middle school and some in high school, a lot of people thought of Silsbee as our rival, but there wasn't a lot of passion there. Now, Silsbee has moved down to 3A and the teams don't even play.

I think in the past it was Vidor /LCM..But this year I think Lumberton/Vidor will be better then LCM.

Its not really a rivalry but it is getting fun!

A couple years ago at Lumberton there was some problems coming off the field ,and around the dressing rooms there was some pushing going on.

But I am just looking to playing anybody..

Seems like to me Vidor/Nederland have more of a Rivalry than Vidor/Lumberton.

Every year they keep wanting it to be. They won't accept that PNG is our rival. Anyway when the series is 57-7 overall with one win in the last 20 years thats not a rivalry.

It has nothing to do with being a rivaly, its just two non playoff teams trying to get some hype for a game that either could actually win knowing they will probably lose most of their district games. although i dont see vidor as such a week team they are just in a tough district. Lumberton however is a different story. Someday maybe but not this year.

Not everyone from Vidor thinks Vidor /Ned is a rivalry.

Everyone knows that PNG/NED are rivals.

I believe Lumberton/Vidor match up close together.

And the way the Lumberton people are making it sound this year like they are going to make some noise ,I think there is a little more excitement added to that game.

But I will say this I believe there is more respect for PNG then for Ned due to the state Championships that they have .

I think a rivalry(excluding the PNG/NED ) is something that happens during certain time periods.Maybe one team plays another team close everytime they play them .Or maybe there was some questionable calls that went one way.I think that is where you get rivalries started unless one team just dominates another year in and year out.

It all depends on how you define a rivalry game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317