*PN-G vs. Vidor/4-3 Vidor Wins/Comments*

Guest 81sDad

This the first time the Pirates have been in first in any sport? Seriously. When was the last outright district title in the major sports: Football, Baseball, basketball?

Who cares bc there is not time like the right time and that is now. Go Pirates you made my week.  ;D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some here mite need a refresher couse in the rules, runner should have been around third and most likely on his way home, unless he fell before getting to 3rd, he should and was brought to home. It mite be me needn a refresher couse but I do think the run in question counts. The next meeting of the two will no dought be a good one.

Great highlights by the KFDM guy.....The throw from RF by Lynch I believe was a big league play....Harrington is a spitting image of his older brother, both are great ballplayers......If that was Austin Stone at SS on the highlights on the controversial call, he turned it like a senior....Robichau looked good on the highlights, don't see where he was struggling..... 

While everyone is talking about the play at first that people think went vidors way it was close and could have been called either way.There was also a play that went PNGS way at first that no one is talking about and that run from png scored.It occured when a ground ball was hit to third and the first baseman was pulled off the bag but tagged the runner on the way bye he was clearly out but was called safe.Green argued this call if you remember but the call stood and the runner ended up scoring.Close calls in games usually have a way of working themselves out.

Congrats Pirates on a big win

I totally agree.  I too was at the ball game and along the fence at the first base line.  Yes I was on the PNG side. Both calls at first were very close.  But thats not what bothers me.  When PNG was winning several of their fans were makeing rude comments about Vidor and really rubbin it in to the Vidor fans.  When Vidor won however the same fans, one in particular, turns around and point directly at a schoolboard member (of all people) and yells, "you Vidor people are trash and you Su*#.  Your umpires here in Vidor also Su*#."  When I showed him my badge however he took off to the parking lot.  Why do the people across the Neches have to be so ugly to us poor ole' Vidorians.  I guess we know who the trashy person was that night.

I think some here mite need a refresher couse in the rules, runner should have been around third and most likely on his way home, unless he fell before getting to 3rd, he should and was brought to home. It mite be me needn a refresher couse but I do think the run in question counts. The next meeting of the two will no dought be a good one.

I could care less about the out come of this game......but i do care that the call be made right...(for next time)........so, your telling me you would allow that run to score  just because the runner had 'rounded third'...??....when a third out call was made (which stops all play)....then time was called (which stops play)............??

If an inadvertent whistle blows before someone shots a 3 pointer.........do you think they are going to say, OK will let the points count because he made it, even though I blew my whistle before the shot attempt was made??

When that third out call was made (and I'm still assuming it was the third out by the reaction of all fielders in purple)  The inning was over, regardless of the appeal.  This is along the same lines (but different because it was a force out) as a tagged third out in a rundown, at another base, as another runner advances to make it to the plate before the tag is made........tag made before=no run,  tag made after=run scored....still goes back to stopedge of play by the third out call.

another ex [ automatic single to right field right fielder guns someone out at third base for the third out, third base umpire is asked to appeal to another umpire to see if the tag was made, call is changed ..........you would not award the batter second base just because he touched first before the third out call was made...then changed to safe].......??

cold showers also help wake you up.....lol

I agree.  i think the umpires have a duty in that situation to place the runners where they would have been if the proper call was made in the first place.  In this case, if the first base ump had made the call that the 1st baseman was pulled off, where would the baserunner have wound up.  My guess is third, but that should be the umps decision.  If he thought the kid would have made home on the play, give him home.

I could care less about the out come of this game......but i do care that the call be made right...(for next time)........so, your telling me you would allow that run to score  just because the runner had 'rounded third'...??....when a third out call was made (which stops all play)....then time was called (which stops play)............??

If an inadvertent whistle blows before someone shots a 3 pointer.........do you think they are going to say, OK will let the points count because he made it, even though I blew my whistle before the shot attempt was made??

When that third out call was made (and I'm still assuming it was the third out by the reaction of all fielders in purple)  The inning was over, regardless of the appeal.  This is along the same lines (but different because it was a force out) as a tagged third out in a rundown, at another base, as another runner advances to make it to the plate before the tag is made........tag made before=no run,  tag made after=run scored....still goes back to stopedge of play by the third out call.

another ex [ automatic single to right field right fielder guns someone out at third base for the third out, third base umpire is asked to appeal to another umpire to see if the tag was made, call is changed ..........you would not award the batter second base just because he touched first before the third out call was made...then changed to safe].......??

ok put the guy back on third. now man on first and third two outs. next batter high fly to left ball droped. runner on third and first score. batter ends up on third. next batter hits a single scores from third. game tied 3-3. now lets move on.

this is a reply to the people who complain about the music. this is for my friend in the pressbox who does the games. who cares what people from pt. neches say. this is our house. not theirs........ as long as our fans and coaches don't complain do what you wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really think they are jealous because they don't have what we have.

Guest vpirate

this is a reply to the people who complain about the music. this is for my friend in the pressbox who does the games. who cares what people from pt. neches say. this is our house. not theirs........ as long as our fans and coaches don't complain do what you wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really think they are jealous because they don't have what we have.

This is OUR HOUSE and we like it LOUD!!

Keep cranking it up..

While everyone is talking about the play at first that people think went vidors way it was close and could have been called either way.There was also a play that went PNGS way at first that no one is talking about and that run from png scored.It occured when a ground ball was hit to third and the first baseman was pulled off the bag but tagged the runner on the way bye he was clearly out but was called safe.Green argued this call if you remember but the call stood and the runner ended up scoring.Close calls in games usually have a way of working themselves out.

I totally agree.  I too was at the ball game and along the fence at the first base line.  Yes I was on the PNG side. Both calls at first were very close.  But thats not what bothers me.  When PNG was winning several of their fans were makeing rude comments about Vidor and really rubbin it in to the Vidor fans.  When Vidor won however the same fans, one in particular, turns around and point directly at a schoolboard member (of all people) and yells, "you Vidor people are trash and you Su*#.  Your umpires here in Vidor also Su*#."  When I showed him my badge however he took off to the parking lot.  Why do the people across the Neches have to be so ugly to us poor ole' Vidorians.  I guess we know who the trashy person was that night.

I do not know why PNG people are like this when they lose a game. I remember when Vidor beat them in the 70s for the first time in years. Grown men yelling at the Vidor football players calling them every name in the book. Wanting to meet them in the parking lot after them game. 16-17 year old kids being cussed at like they had killed the grown man's family. Just something wrong with you folks and your sports down in PNG. Do you not have a life?

BTW: Next time the refs or the umps give PNG a couple of questionable calls get on the forum and " Man up" and say PNG got the benefit of some bad calls.

Unbelievable!!!

Port Neches class has just went down.  It's like a little league coach, just because you coach little league you know everything there is to know about coaching, well just because your a PNG fan "Krewsky" you know everything about what goes on, on and off the baseball field.  "Krewsky" I really think you your hiding behind the umps, the music and probably behind the fence.  I know the guy who plays the music and operates the sound system.  First of all he umpired for over 25 years, following teams like PNG throughout playoffs and umpiring in the state tournament 3 straight years.  He has forgot more about baseball then most people will every know.  I know for a fact that he and Coach Stone are very good friends and he would never do anything to jeopardize that friendship with Jay.  He told me tonight that the sound system is set at a certain volume level and it never changes, the music that is played sounds louder on certain songs then others, that is just the way the songs are recorded.  He also said tonight, "as long as the players enjoys the music and the coach approves, then he cannot help what the fans think.  Coach Green did not tell him to turn the music down, that is just another misrepresentation on your part Krewsky.

It is a shame that people like you try to discredit and attack good people because you did not get your way.  PNG has a great tradition and a great coach, it's people like Krewsky that gives other PNG people a bad name.

Dude.  "Pirates" give me a break.

For:

1) I live in Beaumont.

2) I didn't go to the game. 

3) I didn't pick either side.

4) I only froze the video because of the bad chatter on this forum about the umpiring in the game.

I have nothing against any person who umpires any sport.  I actually have a lot of respect for them.  I know I wouldn't want to do it.  Especially the way "fans" are nowadays.

Here was my comment:

After seeing the video on TV, I freezed my TiVo.  To me it looks as if the batter was out.  The first baseman puts his foot back on the bag which makes it look as if he missed the bag the first time.  Not only that but the first base umpire calls the batter out.  Did the home plate umpire reverse the call?  Shouldn't the 1st base umpire be the one that makes the call?  Either way it was a great game!  Good luck to both teams!!!

Where in this quote do you see me mention music?  Where in this quote do you see me obliterating anyone's integrity?  If I had an issue with an umpire couldn't I have used "!!!!!" in my questions?  To me that would imply an issue.  Anyway..., I was just calling it as I saw it on the video that I froze (freezed).  If you have problems with my "so called" biased observations then so be it.

I'd also like to reiterate my "Great game!" comment & "Good luck to both teams!" comment. 

Trying not to give PNG or Vidor people a bad name...Sincerely,

Krewsky!

im a die hard png fan and im over it already, i just wish that the vidorians would at least admit that we had a horrible play in left field which would have sealed the deal and with out that it would have been 3-1 game over, same thing with nederland it wouldnt have been a game if it wasnt for 6 errors.....i know robicheaux personally and this is for you, great game, keep competing and playing hard and dont let your fans say hester won that game for yall cz you did

just to let everyone know who that hideous lady on the PNG side of the field was yelling and embarrassing the team and the community  was carnahan's mom. yea i feel pain for the boy also. and she also threatened to hit her someone who is pregnant after she was trying to calm her down. wow!  

but PNG  lets be for real. yeah maybe that call at first was bad  who knows. that did not cost the game. what cost the game was the fly ball dropped in left field  1st baseman not being in position on the double play ball  maybe he thought it was going through and was going to cut the ball off? who knows...but the thing is we had plenty of chances to blow the game open with runners in scoring position   and just errors

so PNG and whoever stop all the trash talk and all the excuses   were more than happy to invite them all back to the reservation for round 2  

good hard fought game by both teams. and good luck!

Good call, and we are looking forward to coming to the reservation for another challenge. You guys have a great team!

This is OUR HOUSE and we like it LOUD!!

Keep cranking it up..

I agree totally!!!! 100% Turn it UP!

Guest ASISEEIT

im a die hard png fan and im over it already, i just wish that the vidorians would at least admit that we had a horrible play in left field which would have sealed the deal and with out that it would have been 3-1 game over, same thing with nederland it wouldnt have been a game if it wasnt for 6 errors.....i know robicheaux personally and this is for you, great game, keep competing and playing hard and dont let your fans say hester won that game for yall cz you did

I guess Vidor could say the same thing.  PNG only had two hits in the game and scored 3 runs.  It is what it is..  How come evertime PNG loses there's always excuses?

As for the play in left field, I feel for the guy.  He probably makes that play 99 out of a 100 times.  I hope he keeps his head up.  You play the game long enough that's going to happen sooner or later.

I also heard comments of poor taste, but I also had a conversation with two old guys from PNG while walking to the car after the game. They were very polite and stated that we both had good teams. Just to make the point that we don't need to lump all PNG fans in the same pile. Not that you are, this comment is for all of us Vidorians. We won, lets enjoy it and not worry about a few rude people that represent only a small part of a community. We in Vidor know very well how it feels to be stereotyped.

Bang Bang plays are always going to have people arguing over whether or not the ump got the call right.  The bottom line is the call went PNGs way during their 2 run inning.  Sims(1st Base) clearly laid the tag on the runners shoulder, but the ump had a bad angle and called the runner safe.  That call set up the 2run inning, which I might add was assisted by defensive errors by Vidor.

Later Vidor got the call that led to their big inning.

I see the argument that the first runner to score should have been put on 3rd when play resumed, but the bottom line is when the left fielder dropped the ball he scores anyway. 

Hopefully all of us have been watching, coaching, or playing baseball long enough to know that close calls are going to happen.  And, you are not always going to agree with the call. 

Defense hurt both teams.  There were plenty of errors to go around.

I was at the game, and personally it was one of the most exciting games I have been to in a long time.  Great job by both squads. 

If the runner was rounding third ( I don't know, wasn't there ) yes he scores. Inadverdant(?) whistles may stop play in roundball..apples and oranges. If the correct call was made to begin with (from what I'm hearing) the runner, who was alledgedly rounding third, scores. Continuation.

Ask 643, he gives a great refresher course.  ;)

ok put the guy back on third. now man on first and third two outs. next batter high fly to left ball droped. runner on third and first score. batter ends up on third. next batter hits a single scores from third. game tied 3-3. now lets move on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder