*PN-G vs. Vidor/4-3 Vidor Wins/Comments*

Okay, I have been silent on this board to give everyone the chance to make their comments.  I am the loud lady yelling at the umps from the PNG side.  First off, I will admit I am biased with my son as most all honest parents that would answer that question are.  Second, I apologize for being as loud as I was because of my frustration, but my feelings still remain the same about the umprie situation.  Third, I never did or ever would direct any of my comments to the Vidor players, as I know several of them personally and my son has ball with them.  My irritation was with the ump who reversed the call after the double play third out called.  My whole issue, as disscussed on this board was the run that was allowed to come in after the players had all left the field.  Okay, so our left field dropped the ball after that, may have happened, maybe not.  We will never know.

Lastly, I apologized to my son after the game if it embarrised him and he told me point blank "Mom, I think you are great - you have been there for me all the way through my baseball years and we both are getting a little emotional that the end of my highschool ball is moving way too fast.  Don't worry what other folks think - keep cheering on our team to the very end".    And yes, he did have a great day yesterday, signing to play at the next level with his best friend.  I couldn't be more proud of him.  Thankfully, because of my husband's vacation availability, we will have the opportunity to see him play just about every weekend, so you local Vidor folks won't have to "listen" to me ever again.  :)

I have read about PNG folks cussing out Vidor folks, etc. I have no clue where that came from unless it was in the stands under the pressbox.  Those folks have to deal with their own issues.

I have a wonderful son, I love to watch he and his friends play, and it just was a little too much to handle with the terrible umps because it has happened on more than one occassion when playing in Vidor.  PNG needed to regroup faster, move the batters around after the ump fiasco, and that didn't happen, so Vidor gets the victory.

I do congratulate the players on both teams for their abilities to play - they both fought hard and well;  the music was "bearable" but very tacky after the game when playing "Another one bites the dust".  Classless.

When you come to the reservation to play, I pray for good umps, a well-played game decided by the players ,and you won't have to wear ear plugs to tune out the loud obnoxious, tasteless music. 

Well said cleanup13.  I think there were times in this game when both sides did some less than appealing things.  I do believe that everyone had the best intrest of their team at heart.  Glad to see you and your son have a great relationship.  I think all in all it is time for us to let this all be behind us.  There is plenty more baseball to be played.  I hope everyone stays healthy and we can rematch for the district championship at your place in a couple of weeks.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...........,and you won't have to wear ear plugs to tune out the loud obnoxious, tasteless music."

Maybe not, but I can recall a few times when persons from the "Reservation" played Little League All Star games and brought their boom boxes to other parks and played their Indian music.

"...........,and you won't have to wear ear plugs to tune out the loud obnoxious, tasteless music."

Maybe not, but I can recall a few times when persons from the "Reservation" played Little League All Star games and brought their boom boxes to other parks and played their Indian music.

Ha!  No kidding.  How many times does one have to hear "Cherokee" before it becomes obnoxious?    All these Indians with sensitive ears seem to have selective memory.

Guest blackflag

Okay, I have been silent on this board to give everyone the chance to make their comments.  I am the loud lady yelling at the umps from the PNG side.  First off, I will admit I am biased with my son as most all honest parents that would answer that question are.  Second, I apologize for being as loud as I was because of my frustration, but my feelings still remain the same about the umprie situation.  Third, I never did or ever would direct any of my comments to the Vidor players, as I know several of them personally and my son has ball with them.  My irritation was with the ump who reversed the call after the double play third out called.  My whole issue, as disscussed on this board was the run that was allowed to come in after the players had all left the field.  Okay, so our left field dropped the ball after that, may have happened, maybe not.  We will never know.

Lastly, I apologized to my son after the game if it embarrised him and he told me point blank "Mom, I think you are great - you have been there for me all the way through my baseball years and we both are getting a little emotional that the end of my highschool ball is moving way too fast.  Don't worry what other folks think - keep cheering on our team to the very end".    And yes, he did have a great day yesterday, signing to play at the next level with his best friend.  I couldn't be more proud of him.  Thankfully, because of my husband's vacation availability, we will have the opportunity to see him play just about every weekend, so you local Vidor folks won't have to "listen" to me ever again.  :)

I have read about PNG folks cussing out Vidor folks, etc. I have no clue where that came from unless it was in the stands under the pressbox.  Those folks have to deal with their own issues.

I have a wonderful son, I love to watch he and his friends play, and it just was a little too much to handle with the terrible umps because it has happened on more than one occassion when playing in Vidor.  PNG needed to regroup faster, move the batters around after the ump fiasco, and that didn't happen, so Vidor gets the victory.

I do congratulate the players on both teams for their abilities to play - they both fought hard and well;  the music was "bearable" but very tacky after the game when playing "Another one bites the dust".  Classless.

When you come to the reservation to play, I pray for good umps, a well-played game decided by the players ,and you won't have to wear ear plugs to tune out the loud obnoxious, tasteless music. 

Just a few things that crossed my mind while reading this post.

1. "Another one bites the dust" has been played at sporting events since it first came out. It has been played after every home game and your the first to complain .

2. Could you please list some music that you think is classy?

3. If the music was so loud and obnoxious how come you could be heard throughout the whole ballpark over the music ?

4. If anyone needed ear plugs for anything it would not be the music !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***  Next time you apologize for something don't call people classless and tasteless in the same breath.***

Guest ASISEEIT

Ha!  No kidding.  How many times does one have to hear "Cherokee" before it becomes obnoxious?    All these Indians with sensitive ears seem to have selective memory.

I heard they were doing at Vidor's park......

I heard they were doing at Vidor's park......

Nah....but I vividly recall PNLL doing it at the BCLL Park.  Several years ago and VERY loud.

TCLL didn't host a lot of All Star Tournaments...but I do recall going to PNLL, and seeing that interesting infield.  I mean, the infield cresting is one thing, but that one had a 45 degree angle from the dirt to the grass!...lol

You know, havng seen a lot of these kids playing this year, a lot of them have played together in Babe Ruth, but for us here in Orange, there's probably only 2 or 3 from LCM that saw the PNG kids in their younger days, or for that matter the Nederland kids.  NNLL and NSLL were also intimidating parks to play at, for a 11 and 12 year old.  A lot of our All Stars though, went to Deweyville, so a lot of them faced the PNLL and NSLL and NNLL kids.

This thread has gotten like those LL games. I remember one of our Major League teams playing at WESCO, and there was a questionable call at the plate...the coaches, and some of the parents from WESCO started to whoopin' and hollerin' at the umpires, just really cursin' and being rude.  2 of the 3 coaches from the WESCO side were ejected, but it was Josh Morris, the WESCO team's catcher that day that showed the most class, this at the age of 12.  He turned around to the fans, and said..."can everybody just shut up and let us play ball"...wise words indeed...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami