Whats Your favorite pocket knife?

There are many brands of very good pocket knives. I have probably owned 10 different brands over the years and have not had any problems with the brand name knives. I have no favorites per se but buy them due to the size, shape and features, not by the name on the side of the knife. I currently carry a Camillus (subject to change at a moment's notice) but I have carried and been equally happy with Frost, Spyderco, Case, Buck, Kershaw, Ka-Bar, Ontario, Smith & Wesson, Beretta and Schrade. There are other brands that I own or have owned that I do not carry everyday but have on hand for hunting/fishing or other activities.

Lately I have been carrying the fast opening knives such as the Kershaw Leek, Gerber F.A.S.T. and the Camillus Blaze.

I carry a benchmade and have skinned deer, hogs, squirrels, you name it and my knife can cut it. After using it I just run it through a warthog blade sharpener a couple of times and its razor sharp again. By the way if you have never heard of the warthog blade sharpener you ought to look it up because its a great tool.

I prefer nothing more than a small 2-3 blade kife in my pocket. Currently carrying a winchester. For anyone that is unfamiliar with it, I want to put a plug in for The little hardware store just south of Spurger on FM 1092  It is called Motts Here is the website.....

This is the hidden content, please

They have one of the best knife displays I have ever seen. Anything from $5.99 to $1,000.. and HIgher    Beautiful display  It is worth the drive.

The best knife that I ever had was a K-Mart Sharp brand knife. I could get it sharper than any other knife I had before or since and it would really hold an edge. I know that K-Mart doesn't have a knife factory so it was obviously made by a knife maker under contract. I am curious as to who it was.

The best thing about it was that it cost $10 new. I kept it for several years and finally lost it. I have had many high dollar brand name knives and most of them were very good but I have never found one that could outperform that old Sharp knife. It was probably made by Gerber, Puma or some other well known knife company and the same blade with their name on it probably ran about $30 way back then but the same knife without their name on it was $10 retail at Wal-Mart.

The best knife that I ever had was a K-Mart Sharp brand knife. I could get it sharper than any other knife I had before or since and it would really hold an edge. I know that K-Mart doesn't have a knife factory so it was obviously made by a knife maker under contract. I am curious as to who it was.

The best thing about it was that it cost $10 new. I kept it for several years and finally lost it. I have had many high dollar brand name knives and most of them were very good but I have never found one that could outperform that old Sharp knife. It was probably made by Gerber, Puma or some other well known knife company and the same blade with their name on it probably ran about $30 way back then but the same knife without their name on it was $10 retail at Wal-Mart.

Now get your story down TVC - was it K-Mart or Wal-Mart!  PS -going to fill up the protien feeders this weekend - again.

Now get your story down TVC - was it K-Mart or Wal-Mart!   

K-Mart's Sharp brand. I was thinking of the current "no K-Mart" era on that last sentence.   ;D

PS -going to fill up the protien feeders this weekend - again.

Therein lies one of the problems on south Texas hunting. The roundtrip to fill the feeders is expensive, especially now. You might end up spending more on fuel than for the lease.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote

They have one of the best knife displays I have ever seen. Anything from $5.99 to $1,000.. and HIgher    Beautiful display   It is worth the drive.

I couldn't agree more! Quite impressive.

I too, carry a Winchester in my pocket. Simple 2 blade. I prefer a good Buck knife with lock-blade to actually clean the game.

"If you can't sharpen it, you shouldn't be carrying it"

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder