Nederland vs WOS Week 0!!! Your Thoughts....

Guest 87CRU79

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drove thru nederland the other day and saw the scoreboard.  it is HUGE!!!  the scoreboard is so big that it makes the stadium look small.  i was very impressed.   8)

yeah, it IS huge, and it looked REALLY good when we got through playing there last yr.  ;D

Guest 87CRU79

This match-up will be interesting in all phases of the game!

Nederland is returning a sound QB in Bellow, an entire unit of talented receivers (including the best WR in the area in Cardenas). But can they fix an offensive line that was mediocre at best last season and finally establish a running attack? Can the defense return to the glory days of smash mouth, in your face football?

WOS is also returning a solid QB in Hypolite, but this kid is a dual threat who can throw AND run. These are the types of QB's that can and has given Nederland fits over the years. And who can forget the beloved CHAIN GANG Defense?

It's gonna be a good one!

Dogs at home, got them by 6

Guest Dirk Diggler

5 good ones return on Defense. Gloston, LB Jiles, LB Lynch (Stud). DT Cook, DB Haynes. These on top of another Thompson Offseason.

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Wish he wouldn't do that. West Orange is going to be even better this season than they were last year.

drove thru nederland the other day and saw the scoreboard.  it is HUGE!!!  the scoreboard is so big that it makes the stadium look small.  i was very impressed.   8)

Thats why we need to replace the stadium!!   ;D

........i see, that's like buying  one new shinny rim.....then, show it two your wife and say.....ok I want the car to go with this...... :D  Drive her down AVE D in Port Neches and show her the rest of the car..(well, almost the rest).... ;D

I'm going with the under"dogs" very close!!

5 good ones return on Defense. Gloston, LB Jiles, LB Lynch (Stud). DT Cook, DB Haynes. These on top of another Thompson Offseason.

Let's not forget DT Jacory roberts who has been on the D line since his Sophomore year and also DT Brandon Arnold. I've also got wind their may be a move in that could really shore up the line, but that's just a rumor and you know how that goes. Either way, Cook, roberts, Arnold and Lynch all have good size and quickness. This could be the best defensive front that WO-S has seen since the 2000 team. Look for this years run defense to be lights out.

As for the game, I think Nederland may match up well with their passing game since they have a proven QB and a proven receiving core. They will not be able to make a living running the ball (IMO). The key will be for the inexperienced line to protect the QB because the WO-S front will be big, strong and very quick.

No way! WO-S Defense even better than last season along with the Offense.

WOS defense will be tough as usual. Dirk, who will be the key and any new guys coming up?

HELLO MY FRIENDS. REMEMBER THE NAME MATTHEW PROVOST. THIS KID IS BIG, FAST, AND PHYSICAL. HE HAS A GREAT WORK ETHIC, AND WILL BE PLAYING WITH A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami