WILL OZEN GO TO PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR?

Although they deserve all the credit in the world for their vast improvement, they're cursed by being in a really solid district.  It's very unlikely that they'll go to the playoffs next year.  You have 6 teams who are all good enough to go to the playoffs this year in Lumberton, Nederland, Central, PNG, Vidor, and LCM.  Although Ozen has improved, they are still a ways away from being in the same class as these teams.  Even if Ozen continues improving, it's doubtful to me that four of these teams will drop off enough to make room for Ozen to sneak in.  That being said, if they continue to improve, I wouldn't be shocked if they pull off a few wins against some of these teams next year. 

UIL is doubling the number of districts next year, so our area will likely be split into two districts of 6 or 7 teams (according to how far they extend our "area").  In addition to that, soccer is taking 4 teams to the play-offs so next year.  So I would say that Ozen has a lot better shot at making the play-offs next year.  Re-alignments will be announced the next month or so.

UIL is doubling the number of districts next year, so our area will likely be split into two districts of 6 or 7 teams (according to how far they extend our "area").  In addition to that, soccer is taking 4 teams to the play-offs so next year.  So I would say that Ozen has a lot better shot at making the play-offs next year.  Re-alignments will be announced the next month or so.

I didn't realize that.  If they end up in a 6 or 7 team district, and the top 6 from this year are broken up evenly, then Ozen has a very good shot of getting in as the 3rd or 4th place finisher in a smaller district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder