Lamar State posts ad for head basketball coach job

Bashing? Me? Am I the one who suggested that the teams success depended on Noah's game? I have only been talking about the Seahawks basketball team. Last time I checked, this is were it is suppose to be posted. Just because my opinion does not match your opinion does not mean it is "bashing". I have watched a lot of college basketball lately and have not noticed any coaches keeping their own stats. Nice try though.

I did go to the NCJAA web site and the information you quoted is not there that I could find. As a matter of fact none of the teams individual stats were where I could find them. Team stats were there but not for steals and assist. Maybe I am not looking in the right place. Lamar State, you seem to be taking this discussion very personnel.

I would like to add a thought here. Lamar Port Authur would be able to save a lot of money if they could keep the employee's that are not involved in the health and fitness department off the local sports chat boards, and actually doing their job that they know something about.

And I might add: The playground remark, although humours, was a personnel insult and uncalled for.

Guest DickVitale

OK guys, when I go over there as head coach (or assistant) I will get a student to keep stats.... ::)...Did I let the cat out of the bag? I am joking guys....Hey, just agree to disagree on this one...Bryson had his hands full and did what he could with what he had...Not having an assistant this year HAD to be tough on the guy...Had to..On the other hand LamarState, all wins AND losses fall in the lap of the head coach...It may not be fair, but it is reality...The captain must take responsibility for HIS ship...Trad, give the guy some slack...He had little to work with, namely NO SCHOLARSHIPS...It will get better, but, I still think that Roc should step in on this one...It woud make a BIG difference in the long run of his OWN program in Beaumont.

Guest DickVitale

See, I dont think that is bashing Coach Bryson, but it is being a little hard on the guy..As a coach, stats are important in order for you to know who is doing what, and what needs to be worked on...What I would have done if I could not find a stat person, is to make sure I have it on tape and maybe after the game take the stats while watching the tape the next day...Thats just me.  But no, I dont think that you were bashing him at all by saying that...Saying that he "can't coach his way out of a paper bag" for example IS bashing...or that guy " does not know what the heck he is doing" or " I heard that guy was dating the secretary" Those are examples of bashing....

I agree. But you really need to have a long talk with your nephew about Coach Bryson, then get back with me. You and nephews dad do not talk much. You know that is a very good idea. Take the stats from the game tape. Why didn't someone tell Coach Bryson that so he could be looking at the game the whole time rather than at his stat sheet? Your right, it's not his fault at all Lamar State, it's yours. You watched all the films, you should have offered to help him with the stats.

Guest DickVitale

I agree. But you really need to have a long talk with your nephew about Coach Bryson, then get back with me. You and nephews dad do not talk much. You know that is a very good idea. Take the stats from the game tape. Why didn't someone tell Coach Bryson that so he could be looking at the game the whole time rather than at his stat sheet? Your right, it's not his fault at all Lamar State, it's yours. You watched all the films, you should have offered to help him with the stats.

Thats not true...We talk all of the time...who told you that?

Okay I was wrong. I have seen the error of my ways. I am going to listen to the old man, Mr. Vitale, because I believe after a little thought , he is exactly right. I have to cut Coach Bryson some slack for being able to accomplish what he has the four years he has been at Lamar. Especially this year, having to coach with very little or no help. Actually I believe he has done an outstanding job with the team this season. It is not his job to hire a replacement and he has done all he was asked to do as far as I know. Lamar State has done a great job of keeping us informed of the progress and I should not have taken my frustration out on him/her. I apologize for that and to Coach Bryson for second guessing his coaching. It will not happen again and I only wish the best for the basketball this next season. Good luck with hiring a new coach, I hope you can handle this without my input. One last observation, none of the games I saw on any team, D-1 11 or 111 had a head coach that kept is own stats. They were yelling instructions the whole game and rarely sitting down. At least the ones that came to the Parker Center. Coach Bryson should have gotten a bonus for having to do both jobs.

Look... When you are right your right. I thought about what you said and I think it is very close to being reality. I have not been a coach and I need to cut them more slack.

Now I can spend my time argueing with the umpires in baseball, and giving the refs a hard time with basketball.

OK guys, when I go over there as head coach (or assistant) I will get a student to keep stats.... ::)...Did I let the cat out of the bag? I am joking guys....Hey, just agree to disagree on this one...Bryson had his hands full and did what he could with what he had...Not having an assistant this year HAD to be tough on the guy...Had to..On the other hand LamarState, all wins AND losses fall in the lap of the head coach...It may not be fair, but it is reality...The captain must take responsibility for HIS ship...Trad, give the guy some slack...He had little to work with, namely NO SCHOLARSHIPS...It will get better, but, I still think that Roc should step in on this one...It woud make a BIG difference in the long run of his OWN program in Beaumont.

u will not be at lamar pa. there is no need for any water boys

Guest DickVitale

u will not be at lamar pa. there is no need for any water boys

Why? What do you want? A response? You need some attention? No one is talking to you...go away..better yet pm me so I can know who you are...wont do that, will you coward?....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder