Plano High School basketball coach faces investigation

Plano High School basketball coach faces investigation

01:28 PM CST on Tuesday, March 4, 2008

By STACI HUPP / The Dallas Morning News

[email protected]

A Plano Senior High School basketball coach is the target of a school district investigation, but district leaders aren’t saying why.

District officials confirmed in a written statement that Tom Inman, the varsity boys basketball coach, has been on paid leave since last Friday.

But they declined to answer questions about what sparked the investigation, which they described as a personnel issue. 

The investigation marks the second time this year that the district has scrutinized Mr. Inman’s conduct. He was suspended for one game in January after parents complained that he yelled profanities at a player on the opposing team during a game.

Mr. Inman’s salary is $54,185, district officials said. He receives another $9,000 a year from a coaching stipend.

Guest DickVitale

Why in the heck would the DMN include that man's salary information in the article? What does that have to do with ANYTHING? How dumb... ???

I've known Inman a long time, and coaching in PLANO ISD is what I would call a "nightmare" when it comes to parents and politics....Look at his record over the years and where all of his players have ended up....I could say 80-90% are all college graduates....Tough place to coach...

I've known Inman a long time, and coaching in PLANO ISD is what I would call a "nightmare" when it comes to parents and politics....Look at his record over the years and where all of his players have ended up....I could say 80-90% are all college graduates....Tough place to coach...

I still don't understand how parents get involved in high school sports now, just because "Lil Johnny" isn't playing much. Lil Johnny probably just needs more practice.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder