WHO IS GOING TO BE IN TOP SHAPE NEXT YEAR

I would bet on Nederland being in tip top shape next year. Although Lumberton is losing key players, i still think they will be one of the teams to beat....and outside of the 20-4A schools Kelly is losing 11 seniors but still should be an excellent team, the talent coming back is unbelievable and there will be a couple of new editions next year coming from middle school who are very good... I also hope and pray that West Brook will be better next year

I can only hope that Lumberton is still a team to beat but i think next year it will be a struggle for us to maintain a top spot in our district. We are losing 10 seniors overall if i count correctly and out of our starting lineup we are losing....5? Our entire midfield and a forward. But our defense will be intact for the most part. Just have a lot more pressure next year on our defense to keep the other team out...

I think nederland will be on top.

i'd say lumbertons biggest weak spot is their defense. They're gonna be hurting without their mids.

this statement is a contradiction in itself. Our weak spot will be perhaps on the defensive side of the field but not the defense itself. The back 1/3 of Lumberton's team will be intact next year. We will be under a lot more pressure in the back without the control in the middle of the field but like you said we will be hurt in the midfield. not the defense.

I think nederland will be on top.

i'd say lumbertons biggest weak spot is their defense. They're gonna be hurting without their mids.

this statement is a contradiction in itself. Our weak spot will be perhaps on the defensive side of the field but not the defense itself. The back 1/3 of Lumberton's team will be intact next year. We will be under a lot more pressure in the back without the control in the middle of the field but like you said we will be hurt in the midfield. not the defense.

that statement was not a contradiction, the person meant that yalls defense is a weak spot, but with all of yalls midfield losses that aspect of yalls game will also hurt...i think what he means to say is yall will have both a weak defense and midfield

How can you figure that our defense is a weak spot when we have only allowed 10-12 goals in district. Our midfield aids but its not like the defense doesnt pull it's weight. If he means to say our defense is a weak spot i would love to know how and why he believes this to be true. Perhaps your right in saying that in comparison to our forwards and midfield is our weakest point on the field. But in no way to be considered a weak point.

i was not trying to "dog" on lumberton or anything of that sort. I was just stating that this year, Lumberton's weaker points is their defense. Next year, maybe they will be playing better together and be the top defense in the district, i don't know. all i was saying, since lumbertons attackers and mids are leaving, i don't see them controlling the district. I'm sorry if i offended you Nike...

When reading what "emac08" said, it sounded like he was saying with the loss of midfield it will put a lot more pressure on the defense so that could cause them to struggle a little more?.?.?.? And yeah, no one is taking away from Lumbertons defense, they are what keeps the games the way they are.

i was not trying to "dog" on lumberton or anything of that sort. I was just stating that this year, Lumberton's weaker points is their defense. Next year, maybe they will be playing better together and be the top defense in the district, i don't know. all i was saying, since lumbertons attackers and mids are leaving, i don't see them controlling the district. I'm sorry if i offended you Nike...

oh not at all. I'm well aware that in comparison to our midfield and our forwards we are a level below them. No doubt. Eh we will have to be better to keep our hopes alive. But your right i have a hard time seeing us controlling considering the loss we will suffer in the midfield. No offense taken. Just took what you said a different way and was wondering as to your thought path to come to that conclusion. It's all good man. Just trying to get it straight  ;) haha

Lumberton, Central and Kelly are losing some of this areas best players.  They will be very difficult for their teams to replace.  These are young men (and their parents) have dedicated hours of training and travel time to complete against the best by traveling to Houston to play Division 1 competition.  Their love of the game and success on the field has greatly benefited each of their high school teams.  I do not think any of those high schools would have had their success without the extra work those boys have done to develop their god given talent.  Good luck in the future and we will miss your play next year.

• 2 weeks later...

i know lumberton has a fantastic center mid coming up...lol jk...although we are losing our top 3 out of 5 leading scorers, i belive thats correct, lumberton will still prevail and be disctrict champs for a 3rd time in a row under our powerful head coach...L-Town WOOOOOOO

In the new district, it will be Vidor battling Lumberton for the top spot... Livingston has been decent the past couple of years as well as I can remember...

i know lumberton has a fantastic center mid coming up...lol jk...although we are losing our top 3 out of 5 leading scorers, i belive thats correct, lumberton will still prevail and be disctrict champs for a 3rd time in a row under our powerful head coach...L-Town WOOOOOOO

In the new district, it will be Vidor battling Lumberton for the top spot... Livingston has been decent the past couple of years as well as I can remember...

o ya i forgot about the whole splitin up the district thing vidor will be a good battle next year as they were this year...i'm just hopin for a 3rd district championship in a row...it will be fun to actualy be apart of this next one

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder