West Brook Vs. PNG GAME BROADCASTED!/8-2 WB Wins

Guest JoesBros

Guest JoesBros

We will broadcast West Brook and PNG here today. Its the final game of the weekend and should be a good one. Pregame starts at 445 and first pitch is slated for 5.

WP--Svoboa    LP--Spikes

Pretty well played game.  Couple of miscues for PNG and they didn't handle WB's baseruners very well.  Nice delayed steal by WB to score a run.  PNG looked unprepared for that.  I didn't understand why WB tried to bunt with 1 out and a runner at second.  Were they looking for a bunt hit??  Otherwise, well called game by WB coaches.

I agree with westend1 on the assessment of the WB-PNG game.  PNG came out flat and stayed that way most of the game.  Spikes threw alot of pitches and probably should have been pulled one inning sooner.  WB hit the ball well and Svoboda pitched well. 

PNG had a great weekend otherwise, winning the tournament.

Good luck to both teams as they prepare for district play in another tournament next weekend - PNG in Lufking and Westbrook to Louisiana Barbe tournament.

Waiting on weather to determine if Monday's games happen.

Guest JoesBros

IMO it looked like Spikes was left in there a inning to long. He really settled after a rocky first inning. Other than that I thought he pitched a good game. Congrats to Svoboda for going the distance for the Brook he had a great game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder